Build-A-Bear Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Build-A-Bear Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

The interview was very easy and laid back. They interviewed me and another potential employee at the same time in the back of the store together. There weren't very many questions. They get upset if you have commitments on Sundays and regretfully work with you. They hired me in that sitting.

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Very much a hurry up and wait situation. I applied online, had a phone interview with HR then met with the hiring manager. I was then brought back for an entire day of interviews from 8 to 4 - back to back with a quick break for lunch, and time to fill out online assessments that ask how much meth and/or marijuana I have done on the job or at home or what amount of money I would consider stealing from the company (!!)

Some of my conversations were extremely enjoyable and others - not so much.

I was then told by HR that a decision would be made the next week. Then told it would be in two weeks. Then told it would be another month. Then I never heard from them again. I contacted the hiring manager for feedback and a check in nearly two months after I interviewed ... no response. It just doesn't seem like they have their act together; which is a shame because some of the people I did meet were extremely nice.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

It was fairly laid back group interview. Asked a few questions like what are you passionate about, any previous experiences, etc. They were nice and communicated through email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Anaheim, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email one week later to come in for a group interview that was held every Tuesday and Thursday. The interview was pretty easy because it was only me and this other girl. I thought I did well because the manager that interviewed me told me to take a personality quiz and not the other applicant who was there. I thought I did a good job and then I was told they would call me in 2-3 days. I never got called back.

Bear Builder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear.

Interview

I put in my application on line and got an email back about two weeks later asking to come in for a group interview. At first I was very nervous since I have never done a group interview before and didn't know how many people would be there. I arrived an hour early and meet the employees and had my Bear stuffed then when the interview began there was 3 other girls in the group. We were asked to talk about ourselves. Answer a few questions then collaborate to make a commercial and present it to the manager. After that she spoke with us all individually saying either we will get a call if they wanted us to come back for a second interview or not. When I was pulled aside she told me she wanted to schedule my second interview right away with the store manager. When I returned for interview number two it was Alot different. One on one with the manager answering questions then taking a long personality test online. After that filling out paperwork. She said she would call me to schedule my orientation after speaking with my references. Two days later I got a call for a job offer and to schedule my orientation date.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I went through a recruiter who connected me with BaB. My first interview with BaB was fairly straight forward, I met with three separate people who asked me various questions. The follow-up was a test you were asked to take for a psychologist to review. Very simple questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (El Paso, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview and it was fairly easy but I think that's a problem. They didn't even ask enough questions to be able to stand out. I was ready to answer behavioral questions but only one was asked.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear in April 2017.

Interview

I applied using their website online, and they emailed me asking me to partake in a group interview 2 weeks later. I agreed, and almost immediately they emailed me back asking me to come in a week before the group interview, because they just had to interview me sooner. I walk in, and they had me fill out their actual employment application, which was bad planning on their part because that took more time than the actual interview. The store manager asked me basic interview questions, and then had me take their survey online. That was one week ago. I just got an email back today saying "I didn't match what they were looking for due to the results of the survey" which basically means if you don't get 100% of the answers they want, there's no chance of being hired. It's really dumb.
    Overall, their organization was terrible, and the survey is really pointless in determining who to hire.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear in April 2017.

Interview

First there was a group interview, which was very relaxed but didn't guarantee everyone a chance to talk if they didn't make the chance themselves. Next was an interview with the managers, which was more intimidating because they seemed much less interested and invested.

Bear Builder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear.

Interview

Very easy. Group interview. Basic questions. Asked if you were familiar with the company. As long as you are good with customer service and present yourself well you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal what would you be? Hours and availability. How are you with kids?   Answer Question