Bunnings Warehouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.5

NONE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Belmont, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied for a job at a new store and was given a phone interview, the guy asked me a few questions along the lines of "What skills or hobbies do you have that you feel will be of use in an area at Bunnings?" so basically if you enjoy woodwork or something you'd mention that or if you grow plants you might be suited to the horticulture section you could also say you love socializing I suppose which would make you well suited to talk to customers or work the registers. He also asked "Why do you want to work at bunnings?" and "why do you think you are right for the job?" and he also asked when I'm available and if I have any other jobs. Keep in mind they did say they would record answers, I assume they would come up in the one on one interviews so you'd best remember your answers, I never made it that far because I cancelled my group interview because I was offered another job before it happened :)

Interview Questions

• Probably when he asked what hobbies or skills do I have that could be applied to an area of the store, once the interview was over I thought of a lot more than the one example I gave but it was obviously enough to get me through to the group interview so I'm pleased.   1 Answer

I was offered another job at a different company before the second interview

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse.

Interview

I had the hone interview, which was very relaxed and casual. I was told to come in for a group interview which consisted of about 20 people. Again very relaxed and easy going. The next stage is the two on one interview which I have tomorrow

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted about a phone interview, which I took part in. The interviewer made me feel very comfortable and it was more of a conversation rather than an interview. He just asked a few questions regarding what I'm currently doing in life and a few scenario questions, and seeking my opinion on what I'd do if put in a certain situation. I was told at the end of the interview that I had made it to the group interviews and I should apparently received an email soon about that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you provide exceptional customer service   Answer Question

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

After completing the online application, I was contacted via email to register a time for a phone interview. The lady interviewing on the phone was very friendly and calm, which helped ease the nerves. I am now awaiting a response to see if I have made it to the next stage of the process. I was informed the time taken from application online to possible job offer after 2 on 1 interview with the manager may well be in excess of 1 month.

Casual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in November 2016.

Interview

Very laid back and casual - group interview first - had other candidates rock up in shorts it was that casual............watched a video and had to take notes on what we saw as wrong in the video - ie..customer service etc
    2 on 1 interview pretty relaxed

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse.

Interview

Management had arranged a phone interview with me, asking simply questions inregards to my experiences and interests in the company.
    A face-to-face interview was next where 2 of managers asked me basic hiring questions, in regards to my work history, what' the most helpful thing I have done...
    Third stage was the group interview where we were split up into smaller groups and had to do some role play, as well as do a small presentation on a random product where we then had to try and sell.

Interview Questions

• What's the most helpful thing you have done for a customer?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse in October 2016.

Interview

Do your research. Know about the company, be passionate about customer service and retail. Actually want the job because you want to work at Bunnings, not just because it's another "job". Show interest by asking lots of questions. Not asking questions can make you look weak. Be yourself and be positive.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview : Brief questions and provided introduction on Bunnings
    Group Interview : Group of 10, Introduced ourselves and then had to create a product and sell it
    2on1 Interview : 1 person interviews while the other takes notes,

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Auckland (New Zealand)).

Interview

- applied online and within less than a week got a call for an improptu phone interview , which lasted longer than normal (20 mins) as the guy I talked to was very nice and talkative. *ALWAYS ASK QUESTIONS*

- at the time I had my phone interview I was asked then and there to attend a group interview. *ALWAYS BE EARLY* I was 5 minutes late to my group interview :( Group interview had about 20 people and 4 spectators and a main guy talking. Sat on a table with 4-5 others.
    1. Everyone introduces themselves ; name, previous experience, cartoon character you like. *don't talk too much about where ur from as no on e cares, and when you talk about your cartoon character explain WHY you like them. Almost no one does and I did :D*
    2. Guy asked what do you know about bunnings. *good to know about its origin, charities etc. Be the first to speak up pls*
    3. Group activity where you create a product out of random stuff and present to everyone *when presenting speak well and be confident, some people within the groups did not even talk and that was a no-no.*
    4. At the end guy says if you're successful you will be called blah blah...* I made sure to shake the guys hand and all the spectators hands cause no one else did :D*

~ got a phone call 5 days later asking to book a one on one interview and i am very excited and very grateful to God! ~

Interview Questions

• When was a time you were successful in helping a customer?

What is the most frustrating thing about *insert previous workplace* ?
      Answer Question

Team Member (Mindarie) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mindarie, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Mindarie, Western Australia (Australia)) in September 2016.

Interview

Had phone interview, pretty by the book ( what hours can you work, experience blah blah) just had group interview, introduce yourself, watch video on bad and good customer service, write notes on it. Then make and sell a create (doesn't have to be good) they just want to see you work in a group. Should get respone within a week

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Bunnings Warehouse NONE Interview Belmont, WA Probably when he asked what hobbies or skills do I have that could be applied to an area of the store, once the interview was over I thought of a lot more than the one example I gave but it was obviously enough to get me through to the group interview so I'm pleased.
Bunnings Warehouse Team Member Interview Why Bunnings?
Bunnings Warehouse Team Member Interview Sydney (Australia) Tell me about a time where you provide exceptional customer service
Bunnings Warehouse Customer Service Team Member Interview Perth, Western Australia (Australia) Why Bunnings?
Bunnings Warehouse Casual Interview Perth, Western Australia (Australia) Why would we want you?
Bunnings Warehouse Cashier Interview What's the most helpful thing you have done for a customer?
Bunnings Warehouse Team Member Interview Why Bunnings?
Bunnings Warehouse Team Member Interview Sydney (Australia) When did you provide exceptional customer service
Bunnings Warehouse Team Member Interview Auckland (New Zealand) When was a time you were successful in helping a customer? What is the most frustrating thing about *insert previous workplace* ?