Burberry Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burberry Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.8

Talent Resourcing Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burberry in March 2017.

Interview

Received an internet invite to schedule a phone interview 2 weeks after applying. Interviewer called me 15 minutes late. She was very dry and unenthusiastic. Didn't feel like I wanted to work with her after such a brief conversation. I did well for the most part but knew from her tone that I didn't impress her. She said she would contact me within the week. Sent a follow up the next week and still no answer.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burberry in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the general manager one week later. We scheduled an in-person interview date. On that day, I met with both the GM and then with the assistant manager. The interview lasted a little over 1 hour. Afterwards, I was told that I would receive a call within a week if Burberry decided to move on with the hiring process. I received a call 5 days later. The manager said the regional manager wanted to schedule a phone interview with me. I had the phone interview two days later and it lasted for approximately 30 minutes. This interview was shorter but more in-depth. The regional manager seemed very curious about my clientele experience and what it meant to me. The day after the phone interview, I was called again by the GM and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your style? Where do you get your fashion experience from?   Answer Question
    • Describe your past retail experiences and what your duty was in those roles.   Answer Question
    • Describe one experience when you overcame a difficult situation with a customer.   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Why Burberry?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burberry in September 2016.

Interview

Received a call from assistant store manager to set up an in store interview with her. After interviewing with her, I was told she wanted me to come back to meet the manager of women's apparel department.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Burberry (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

After the initial application you are asked to answer a few questions on video. Father which you go to the assessment centre. Should you complete this you then attend another interview with the store manager. The process is long and slow.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burberry (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and three days later I received a phone call to schedule an interview. The initial face to face interview took about an hour and a half. Followed by a 30 minute phone interview a week later. Many of the questions were based off of your own personal and work experiences and how you handled specific situations. Other questions involved hypothetical situations, availability, and company knowledge. It was important for them to know I had training with client care and excellent communication skills, verbal and written. It was certainly lengthy but necessary.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest mistake you made at your place of work and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burberry.

Interview

I first spoke with a recruiter who told me a little about the role and Company overall. She did explain that it was an intense work environment, which I am used to. Asked many questions to get to know me and my experience. She then connected me with the District Manager who I met - asked me a series of questions from an Interview Guide. Great energy - he was very charismatic. Last I met with the SVP of retail ... he solidified my desire to join the brand. He was intelligent, articulate and had a great vision for the Brand and where he wanted to take it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burberry (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Be careful! Burberry leaks your information to your current employer. So crappy. Super low efficiency through the whole process. Maybe too busy leaking interviewees' personal information.
    Thank god I rejected the offer and my current employer offered me higher salary.
    Thanks to Glassdoor.com, knowing that Burberry's wage is so low.

Anonymous Employee in Egg Harbor City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Burberry (Egg Harbor City, NJ).

Interview

I got an interview two days after applying online. I got hired a month and a half later. Burberry does things very slowly when it comes to employees so don't be discouraged if they don't call back right away.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions name a time you helped a customer, how do you sell luxury items etc etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very straight forward. I wanted a little more pay but they offered more than what my previous employer was giving me at the time so I accepted. The pay is good but probably not as good as LV or Gucci since my friend at Gucci is making $16.50 while I'm making $14.59 but whatever

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burberry.

Interview

Interviewed with the AGM and GM. Asked about your expectation of the job and relevant experience. Asked for my familiarity with the brand. Nothing difficult, no technical questions asked. ASked about the availability and the department I prefer to work at ( Mens, non apparel, women's)

Floor Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Burberry.

Interview

Very relaxed, made me feel welcomed. Offered me a beverage! Nice touch. I felt at ease with the manager. She asked me questions that made sense to the job. She explained what my day to day would look like working at Burberry. Let me know the expectations of working there and the great benefits. She asked me first what questions I had.

Interview Questions

• What career path do you want?   1 Answer