C-K Interview Questions | Glassdoor

C-K Interview Questions

2.8

Associate Media Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C-K (Chicago, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

Overall the interview process was pretty smooth. Had 3 interviews starting with HR.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in a position that you are overqualified for?   1 Answer

Advertising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C-K (Chicago, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

I was interested in the position, but felt that the level of expertise of those interviewing me was deficient. I had no interest in joining a department so behind the times. Everyone was courteous, but I did not get a good feeling overall.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C-K (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

I started as an account management intern because of a program for recent college grads. I worked in the NY office and got hands on experience over the summer and was hired on full-time after we discussed my goals and the path they saw for me. Since the agency is mid-sized and much smaller than all the companies in the "big agency" holding company world, the culture had a boutique feel with clients that were notable enough.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty straightforward (what was your impression of the agency/the work, where do you see yourself in 5 years, what are your strengths and areas of improvement, etc.). Be prepared to talk about why you're interested in advertising and the campaigns that inspire you the most.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C-K (South Bend, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

Very simple, applied online with a video application. Had a skype interview which was casual and fun with people from the department I was applying to. Then got a call back about a week later with an offer. I had the weekend to decide

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C-K (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted to have a phone call with 2 of the media employees-no questions out of the ordinary. Just resume review and conversation about experience and skills. Received an email a few weeks later with an offer. No HR phone screener

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at C-K (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2013.

Interview

I met with a member of the team through a mutual connection just to talk about the business and C-K as a company. At the end she mentioned they were looking for an intern for the summer and asked if I would be interested. She forwarded my resume to the department head and a few weeks later I was emailed about setting up an interview. I went in, met with a senior Account Executive then a VP. During both meetings we talked about my previous experience, thoughts on the department/industry and what I would look to get from the experience. About 5 days later I received a phone call offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• What would my dream account be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I could negotiate hours and start date to some extent but i chose as soon as possible for as long as possible. They are pretty flexible though.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C-K (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2014.

Interview

My initial communications with C-K happened due to an inquiry that I sent to the company. I was then contacted by them and brought in for an informational interview. The interviewer looked at my book, and we spoke for a little bit and a week later I was brought in for another interview with the person in charge of the interns. This interview was shorter, just looked quickly through my book, chatted for a bit and I was on my way. Within the next week or so I was notified via email that I had gotten the position.

Interview Questions

• My interview was quite some time ago now. Mostly it was a conversation. Back and forth talking about what it was like to work here, what my skills were, my experience, what they do here, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate because I was taking an internship position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C-K (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I got an interview because I knew a C level executive. Two interview process. The interviews were a week apart, and each interview was 1+ hr. long. During the interview, I met one-on-one with four separate team members (eight people total) ranging from former interns to senior level employees. Even though I got a good sense of the department's dynamic and culture, I found meeting with eight different people to be a bit redundant since each person asked me the exact same questions. Questions were standard, "Tell me about [previous job]," "What kind of experience do you have with [skill/job function]?" etc. Everyone also asked me why I wanted to work in advertising/PR, and what initially drew me to the industry. Overall, everyone was very polite and the offices are really cool. The one thing that didn't sit well with me though was when one person made some backhanded jokes about my former employer being 'lame.' Very unprofessional in my opinion. After the second interview, I did not hear from them for three weeks. I sent them a follow up email, and the next day they responded that I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• "What initially drew you to the Ad/PR industry?" "Why do you want to work in the Ad/PR industry?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C-K (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for an internship after seeing it on a job board online. I met with five different senior employees in the department I applied to work in. They all asked me very similar questions, very monotonous. Everyone was very friendly and casual.

After the interview I heard crickets. I e-mailed them a few weeks later thinking they forgot, and they quickly responded offering me the position. Makes me wonder if I never e-mailed them back to remind them I was interested, would they have offered me the position?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Cramer-Krasselt?
      What kinds of organizations or leadership roles were you involved in during college?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C-K (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Met with a few creative directors and teams and talked with each individually. Each asked me a few questions about myself, mostly just talked conversationally. Everyone was super nice and easy to talk with!