C-K Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 2, 2017

2.9

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C-K (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Met with a few creative directors and teams and talked with each individually. Each asked me a few questions about myself, mostly just talked conversationally. Everyone was super nice and easy to talk with!

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at C-K (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Was reached out to via LinkedIn by an in-house HR Manager and asked to hop on a call first. Went fine and was a very standard screening about my experience and interests. Got told I'd be asked to come in via email, which I was. The same HR Manager I spoke to emailed me right away to ask me what day (provided a list of days and times over the next 4 work days to choose from) was best for me. I chose Friday at 2pm (it was currently Wednesday so I gave myself some time). She circled back to confirm the time and give me a rundown of the people I'd be meeting with and their titles (it was a back-to-back meeting with 4 people on the account). Thinking she confirmed me for Friday at 2 since she let ME choose, I showed up Friday around 1:45 to nothing but confusion from the secretary. Turns out, I re-opened her confirmation email to find out she flipped the date to Monday at 2 conveniently in fine print at the very bottom of the long email describing the team I'd be meeting, even though I picked Friday and she let me pick what was best for me from a series of days/times...? The team was flexible, even though 2 people were OOO, I met with 2 that were there. There NY office is so 1985. The most dated agency I've been to... They have cubicles and low-popcorn ceilings and interviewed me in this weird office on a couch that looked like one of those weird rooms they do "castings" in.

Also, prior to my meeting, I read the reviews about their diversity problem. As a black woman, it was concerning, but I only interviewed because I was reached out to (versus me actually applying). There were no minorities and I walked through the entire office (New York). I could only imagine it's worse in Chicago. Also, I know everyone is entitled to their political views, but there was a guy (young, probably 25 or so) with a red Trump MAGA hat on his desk at the top of his cubicle for show. Like I said, everyone is entitled to their views but I think with Trump we can agree it's controversial to be so proud of him you boast merchandise on your desk in the workplace. Extremely inappropriate for work......

In the end, they let me come back in on Monday to meet with the rest of their team that was OOO Friday, and then even after apologizing and writing hand-written thank yous that were delivered to their office, I never heard a peep from them again about the role (despite following up with HR as well).

Odd place. Stay away.

Interview Questions

• Why account versus creative? Also asked q's about the actual account and how my experience could transfer over   Answer Question

C-K Response

Jun 12, 2017

Thanks for your feedback. We understand how frustrating it can be to provide your availability for an interview. We make it our first priority to accommodate a candidate’s availability, unfortunately... More

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C-K (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had 3 interviews total. 1 Phone interview with HR, 1 interview with the Account Directors & Supervisors, 1- interview with Group Account Directors. Very conversational in tone, because they want someone who can contribute to a conversation. don't just nod in agreement add substance to the conversation on why you would make a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What campaigns do you like right now?
      What are some of your success stories?
      Why do you want to work here? (research the work they've done and talk about why you liked it)
      Why did you get into advertising?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C-K (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Interviewed on the phone first with HR. Was 20-30 minute phone call. Then was asked to come to Milwaukee office. Interviewed with 4-5 people over the course of 4 hours, including a lunch interview. I found the people to be very inviting and easy to connect with.

Interview Questions

• Prior work experience, including one project that I owned.   1 Answer
    • Why I felt I wanted to live in Milwaukee.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not accept the offer immediately. Tried to negotiate for a higher salary but was unsuccessful. However, within one year my salary was increased greatly to reflect my abilities and level of responsibilities.

PR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at C-K (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

After the initial resume review, I had a Skype interview with two of the current employees. After that, I was waiting on an email from HR. Followed up after two weeks of hearing nothing & then immediately got a call with the offer of the internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation where you encountered an obstacle & how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Brand Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C-K (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The process only took about a week or two. They ask pretty typical questions for this position about who you are and why you want to work here. You talk with people in the department that you're interested in. Since the office is so small, I got to talk to all of the people in my department.

Interview Questions

• What is one campaign (not one of ours) that you like and why? How would you describe their strategy?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C-K (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted to have a phone call with 2 of the media employees-no questions out of the ordinary. Just resume review and conversation about experience and skills. Received an email a few weeks later with an offer. No HR phone screener

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C-K (South Bend, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

Very simple, applied online with a video application. Had a skype interview which was casual and fun with people from the department I was applying to. Then got a call back about a week later with an offer. I had the weekend to decide

Senior Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at C-K (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Two separate interviews. Brought back in a second time to meet with hiring manager because my salary requirements were higher than they could offer and they weren't sure I was really interested in the job or taking it for the money and going to leave when I found a different job. I was asked all sorts of confidential questions about my salary and how I had gotten to where I am now. I had to practically defend what I was asked for, even though it is a fair compensation. I was told "well for your experience that's just unheard of" After revealing all this information and practically begging for teh job I have been given the silent treatment by the hiring manager for two weeks.

Brand Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at C-K (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I went in for an informational interview. I met a insight and analytics persona and an HR. I though it was an informational interview so I did not prepare enough, but suggest anyone going to prepare well.

Interview Questions

• The HR is quite serious considering it was an informational interview. She asked me to go through resume for her, what I did in each job/intern and what I learned.   Answer Question