C1 Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.8

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at C1 Consulting (New York, NY).

Interview

The skype interview contains two part, a statistical analysis test and a SAS code test, the SAS test contains several questions including analyze the survey data,and some transformation statements in SAS.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at C1 Consulting (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty odd and unprofessional. At first, the interview process started pretty straight forward. It started off with a phone screen and a very easy IQ/attention to detail test. The next round is a one on one case interview via skype which is pretty basic. The final round is a five hour day with two behavioral interviews, three case interviews, and a 15 presentation on a subject of your choice.

I went through the phone screen and the IQ tests which were pretty easy. Upon the skype interview though - the interview called me thirty minutes early and offered no explanation. Overall he was kind of weird and made rude and odd faces when I was presenting him with my logic. He was somewhat standoffish. I made it to the final round but the day before my interview C1 canceled it to reschedule. Nobody ever reached out to me to finish up the process and I ended up taking an offer with a different company.

Interview Questions

• Do you value constructive feedback?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C1 Consulting (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

2 phone calls, IQ test online (insulting), in person interview. Everyone was nice, but their examples of case studies were pretty lame. If this is how they screen their candidates then I don't know how they stay in business. Some even seemed jealous of my experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked why I wanted to be a consultant.
      Would I move to NYC?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C1 Consulting (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was very easy-- I had an initial phone interview with general HR questions. Then there was an online exam with very simple math and grammar questions. Finally a skype interview with a small case study involving market sizing and looking at a few graphs. Unfortunately company was sold before the final round of interview

Interview Questions

• What is one disappointing team experience you've recently had   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at C1 Consulting.

Interview

On-campus recruiting -> resume screen -> phone interview -> online assessment -> Skype case study -> in-person interview.

Phone interview: approximately one half-hour of standard interview questions. "Why do you want to be a consultant?" - "Describe your ability to work in teams." - "Describe a time you failed and what you learned from it."

Online assessment: easy test battery (timed) with basic math and verbal questions.

Skype case study: Roughly an hour long qualitative case study specific to C1 industry.

In-person interview: Two hour long behavioral interviews followed by half hour lunch with team, followed by two hour long case studies (one qualitative, one quantitative. Finished with half-hour presentation on topic of my choosing.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at C1 Consulting.

Interview

Skype interview with recruiting specialist followed by an online assessment (three parts: verbal, quantitative, attention to detail). The online assessment is timed, finish the three sections as quick as possible.

Interview Questions

• Do you have have experience with the bio/pharma industry?
      What do you think about constructive criticism?   Answer Question

Analytics Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C1 Consulting.

Interview

Interview was through campus recruiting. They took about 1 week to send me an email that they were interested, and then we set up a Skype interview. I was fairly excited. However, the interviewer did not turn on their Skype camera, so we essentially just had a poor vocal connection with no image. The interview took about 45 minutes, and was focused on both programming and statistics. The interviewer, although nice, was very hard to understand. The questions were not terribly difficult, but did require some thought.
    By the end however, the interviewer seemed as if they wanted to get on with their day. They answered my questions with "it depends", and were not descriptive. Based on the other Glassdoor ratings, I'm not shocked. I had the feeling that the position was filled, and that they wasted 45 minutes of my time.

Analyst Interview

Interview

1. Phone screening interview conducted by the recruiter to go over my resume, ask about my interests, and career aspirations.

2. Skype interview conducted by a manager going over a case with some basic analysis and a few behavioral questions.

3. In-person interview conducted by pretty much everyone in the office:
         A. Some exercises on the computer to test my technical skills.
         B. Behavioral interview with a consultant and another analyst.
         C. Lunch where I had the opportunity to meet everyone in the office and ask questions.
         D. Behavioral interview with a senior consultant.
         E. Presentation conducted by me on a subject of my choice to a small group of consultants and analysts.
         F. Case interview with a consultant and a few logistical questions by the recruiter.

Everyone was friendly and I felt like there was a strong emphasis on cultural fit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

At the end of the in-person interview, the recruiter asked me my expected salary range if I were to be extended an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at C1 Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First round was a phone call, it took around 15 minutes, just basic questions about your background. Waited for a really long time to hear back from them. Second round was a written test and simple case.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at C1 Consulting (Summit, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

I began the interview process at C1 in March 2016. The process took 3+ months. There were 4 rounds of interviews; a phone screen, an online aptitude test followed by a few basic behavioral questions, a skype case interview of interpreting data, and finally an in-person interview at their Summit, NJ location consisting of a few behavioral interviews, two case interviews, and a presentation by myself on a topic of my choosing.

After the in-person case interviews and presentation, I was told that it would be up to a week to hear a decision. I waited over 3 weeks, and still did not hear back. In the 4th week after the interview, I received an email stating that I was not chosen for the Business Analyst role. That's nice, but what about for the role for which I interviewed and applied? This made it seem like they did not put in the effort to even remember or look up which role I applied for when sending me the rejection email.

The people who interviewed me all along the way seemed very nice and perhaps would have been a pleasure to work with, but I do feel as if I were tossed around and left hanging throughout the interview process, as it frequently took longer than they said it would for them to let me know if I made it to the next stage.