CA Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 8, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Senior User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Submitted resume online and apply the job, got contacted by HR, submitted some work sample, scheduled two screen interviews with hiring manager and senior manager. Went for onsite interview, waited for about a week, got the offer.

Interview Questions

• What was the challenge you face in previous job and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

Very professional. The interview was long, but covered a lot , from skills, compensation and technical information. There were several people that did the interview. They gave a lot of time to discuss what the job would be about. They also discussed the technologies they were using for development and testing. Wanted to know my opinion on processes like Agile, TDD and BDD.

Interview Questions

• What are you strengths and weaknesses?
      How would you handle the difficult situation with a team member ?   Answer Question

Market Analytics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Boulder, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

The hiring process started with an initial phone call from HR, with a second phone call with the positions manager and a third call with the managers manager. It concluded with an in-person interview and a presentation.

Even with an employee referral, relevant job experience, and (what seemed to be) a positive and friendly interview, I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions

• If you got stuck on a problem in excel, where would you go for help?   1 Answer
    • How comfortable are you with analyzing large quantities of data?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

I had to complete the online interview where I had to record my responses to basic behavioral questions. They contacted me back after around 2 weeks with the decision of the interview. Overall a good experience.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

This was for a CA acquired company. 2 phone screens with recruiters and then was supposed to talk to the director. She never showed up or let me know that she would not make the interview. After they asked to reschedule and I reluctantly agreed, they wrote me back to say that the interview would not be rescheduled now. The most unprofessional interview that I have ever had. It was so bad that I had to write on this site for the first time.

Interview Questions

• Did not get to this because the director never showed up for the interview.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Completed the prescreening video interview which consisted of basic questions about how you work. Phone interview took about 20 minutes, asked basic questions about programming languages and general concepts. Four hour onsite interview in Pittsburgh, mix of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• (Phone interview): Name three access modifiers and Java?   1 Answer
    • (Onsite): Write a program to display all the different ways you can add quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennys to make a dollar   1 Answer

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CA Technologies (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I was able to meet with the hiring manager since I have a friend who works at CA We had a great discussion about the company, the role and my experience. It was great except that he felt I was over qualified for the job. We agreed to stay in touch when betting fitting jobs become available.

I left being very impressed with CA and the people they hire.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want this job when you seem over-qualified?   Answer Question

Principal Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Fairly typical interview process. Started with a phone conversation with the recruiter to better understand the role and verify the initial fit. Then continued with a phone discussion with the hiring manager to review relevant background skills and how I handled some specific work challenges. At that point we proceeded to 1:1 interviews with members of the team, including the group VP, to cover specific focus areas. Final stage would have been an onsite interview but the hiring team decided to skip that round and move to an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you decide between two potential opportunities that are each high wants from separate business units?   Answer Question

DevOps/Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Boulder, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Was asked Bro-y questions by a millennial drinking beer at noon in the office and was offered a beer. Wasn't sure if it was a trick question and declined. I thought the commercials they are currently running are pretentious but that was nothing to what it was like in person. If you are a young white male who enjoys alcohol and video games, you will fit in here. Anyone else might have difficulties if you can get hired.

Interview Questions

• Was made to write a Terraform script for one of their projects over the course of a couple of hours.   1 Answer

Operations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CA Technologies in July 2017.

Interview

I spoke with the talent acquisition person on the phone and things went well, so she referred me to speak with the hiring manager. She asked me to get back to her after speaking with the hiring manager. I spoke to the hiring manager and that also went well, and he told me to speak with the talent acquisition person about next steps. I emailed her and told her how interested I was in the position and asked about next steps...and didn't hear anything. I emailed again a week later...and didn't hear anything. I called her 2 weeks after the phone interviews and finally heard back that they had filled the position but "really enjoyed talking" to me. All around it felt unprofessional and inconsiderate.

Digital Sales Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Plano, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a 30-45 minute telephone interview covering work experience, role, responsibilities as well as company background. I had two recruiters reach out via LinkedIn but was passed back and forth. I am very selective due to time and the recruiter was not conscious of my time. Took almost 2 weeks two schedule a phone interview. I eventually had a very strong phone interview and was never notified that I moved forward the process until I sent an email asking where I was at within the process. I was finally notified today I was not moving forward when the recruiter claimed to have sent that information (Which she did not). I called the recruiter back asking what I could do to improve and she would not disclose the information. Kind of hard to improve when there is no feedback. Unprofessional experience overall. I will remain a top performer at my current company, but always open to new opportunities. Thanks for wasting my time CA.