CA Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Senior User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Submitted resume online and apply the job, got contacted by HR, submitted some work sample, scheduled two screen interviews with hiring manager and senior manager. Went for onsite interview, waited for about a week, got the offer.

Interview Questions

• What was the challenge you face in previous job and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Principal Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Fairly typical interview process. Started with a phone conversation with the recruiter to better understand the role and verify the initial fit. Then continued with a phone discussion with the hiring manager to review relevant background skills and how I handled some specific work challenges. At that point we proceeded to 1:1 interviews with members of the team, including the group VP, to cover specific focus areas. Final stage would have been an onsite interview but the hiring team decided to skip that round and move to an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you decide between two potential opportunities that are each high wants from separate business units?   Answer Question

Operations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CA Technologies in July 2017.

Interview

I spoke with the talent acquisition person on the phone and things went well, so she referred me to speak with the hiring manager. She asked me to get back to her after speaking with the hiring manager. I spoke to the hiring manager and that also went well, and he told me to speak with the talent acquisition person about next steps. I emailed her and told her how interested I was in the position and asked about next steps...and didn't hear anything. I emailed again a week later...and didn't hear anything. I called her 2 weeks after the phone interviews and finally heard back that they had filled the position but "really enjoyed talking" to me. All around it felt unprofessional and inconsiderate.

Digital Sales Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Plano, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a 30-45 minute telephone interview covering work experience, role, responsibilities as well as company background. I had two recruiters reach out via LinkedIn but was passed back and forth. I am very selective due to time and the recruiter was not conscious of my time. Took almost 2 weeks two schedule a phone interview. I eventually had a very strong phone interview and was never notified that I moved forward the process until I sent an email asking where I was at within the process. I was finally notified today I was not moving forward when the recruiter claimed to have sent that information (Which she did not). I called the recruiter back asking what I could do to improve and she would not disclose the information. Kind of hard to improve when there is no feedback. Unprofessional experience overall. I will remain a top performer at my current company, but always open to new opportunities. Thanks for wasting my time CA.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied on the company website, I was contacted by the recruiter for an initial screening. This was followed by an interview with the hiring manager. The following week I had THREE interviews - program manager and two project managers from the team. Two weeks later I followed up with the recruiter and he said they were still making a decision. Since then I have not heard back from anyone at CA. Not even an email letting me know someone else was chosen for the position.

Associate Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies in April 2017.

Interview

As others have said in the reviews CA is just throwing positions out there and seeing what they get but aren't really committed to hiring anyone. I had a few phone screens weeks apart but they were all about the process and not the job. I don't know why they keep doing this. Other friends have applied and have literally received thanks but no thanks emails at 6am when they applied to positions at 12am at night. So suspect. Needless to say I never heard back at all.

Interview Questions

• What about our hiring process do you think we can improve?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Fort Collins, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

i applied online. got an email from HR to set up a phone interview and then the team member called for a 20 minute interview. the process is still going on

Interview Questions

• have you worked in groups? tell me about your experience when you had a conflict with a group member. difference between linked lists and arrays.   2 Answers

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CA Technologies in April 2017.

Interview

After applying, I was contacted by a recruiting specialist with the company, but located at a different branch. There was a very short screening call with the recruiter before a second interview with a contemporary at another sister office was set up. The second interview was also by phone and lasted just under 45 minutes. They were very pleasant to talk to, asked relevant questions as well as answered my questions about the company and current process. A third interview was then set up with the positions direct superior. Unfortunately, I had to attend a funeral which meant the earliest I could have schedule the third phone interview was a Friday (which is never ideal). The Friday morning of the interview the interviewer needed to reschedule for the end of the day. I do not know if this had bearing on the outcome of my interview, but from the phone call, it did sound as if the interviewer were driving at the time of the interview and seemed not completely engaged.

Interview Questions

• What application(s) do you use to plan your day and goals?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

Typical process. Phone screen with recruiter and then onsite interview with about 4 people including the manager. Mostly programming language specific. Multiple groups might interview you based on your skills but most likely you don't have an option to get offers from all the groups.

Interview Questions

• Binary search, and string reverse.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Lisle, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a three stage interview process for me
    * On-Demand Interview where you create a video montage for behavioral questions.
    * On-Site interview where you meet managers and current employees in the position in which you applied and they will ask you various questions (some technical)
    * One-on-One video call (technical interview)

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you interact in an environment where tensions are very high?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CA Technologies in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an e-mail from HR representative to complete a video interview. They asked a couple of questions which weren't too difficult to record. Took them over a month to respond and it seemed as if they had hundreds of submissions.