CA Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Senior User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Submitted resume online and apply the job, got contacted by HR, submitted some work sample, scheduled two screen interviews with hiring manager and senior manager. Went for onsite interview, waited for about a week, got the offer.

Interview Questions

• What was the challenge you face in previous job and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied on Company Website
    Contacted by a recruiter 2 days later
    Phone interview with hiring manager that same week
    Face to Face with hiring manager 2 weeks later
    Two more phone interviews with Director an VP that same week
    Offer Letter the following Monday
    Start date two weeks later - no room for negotiating on the salary- but it was sufficient

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiating but their initial offer was sufficient

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies in June 2014.

Interview

phone, video, skype - need to answer 13 questions via video recording; very innovative interview process; easy to execute; very friendly hiring managers. The last interview was a call from a VP, and mainly the VP explained why you should take the job. It shows the company values its applicants.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham Center, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Framingham Center, MA).

Interview

15 minute phone screen with no technical questions followed by a 30 minute more technical phone interview. After passing the first two rounds I got an on-site interview that lasted about 4 hours. I met 6 people in a 4 hour span. Most of the interviewers asked pretty straight forward questions but one interviewer grilled me with close to 50 questions in 45 minutes. I received around 35 Java questions and answered about 30 of them correctly but I could be wrong.
    Also brush up on JavaScript, I had one JavaScript/UI interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Lots of specific Java questions and lots of multi-threading questions.   Answer Question

Interview

I attended a massive job fair where 100+ candidates applied for positions. Be enthusiastic. Ask smart questions. If you pass the initial screening by HR reps and hiring managers, you should have a decent chance. Be prepared and confident for technical questions by hiring managers who know the technology during interview. Also, it helps to be friendly, courteous and professional.

Interview Questions

• I cannot recall any difficult questions because it was too long ago. Be prepared for the interview and have specific examples that back up your strengths.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

Applied through an employee referral. Got a phone screening interview. Interview was not technical: tell about yourself, why applying, what languages you prefer, what operating systems you are familiar with. Its been 6 weeks, never heard back.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

Applied through university career fair and was then contacted by a person in their talent acquisition team to set up a phone interview with one of their senior engineer. interview lasted 30 mins and no unexpected questions.

Anonymous Employee in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Ewing, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

I had 6 interviews, each lasted 30 minutes a piece, all in the same day, and I was offered the job a week later. I was asked questions about my technical skills based on projects I've done and I was also asked a lot of soft skills questions.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with a team member I would consider to be difficult?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Plano, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews after the initial contact at a university career fair. One was on-site at the university. The second was conducted a week later over on the phone. The third interview was on-site at the CA office, all expenses paid by the company. The interviews were not very technical despite the fact they were for a technical position. The company wants to know if you possess the soft skills as well as the technical skills supposedly.

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Framingham, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

I had a phone screen first with the Director of Software Engineering. I then met him and the directors of a few other teams in person. I had to go back a second time to meet with Director of Software Engineering one more time, then an offer was made.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Online interview process through a web portal. On-screen questions where I could re-record my answers as many times as I wished. There were ten questions which were mainly personal questions having to do with strengths/weaknesses, if I would be willing to travel for training, etc.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest accomplishment outside of Computer Science?   1 Answer