CA Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Senior User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Submitted resume online and apply the job, got contacted by HR, submitted some work sample, scheduled two screen interviews with hiring manager and senior manager. Went for onsite interview, waited for about a week, got the offer.

Interview Questions

• What was the challenge you face in previous job and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

I received an email after my career fair. i went through 4 phone interviews with different managers and finally with the vice president. it's great company with an even greater work environment. I never thought i could look forward to going to work everyday but i did!!!

Interview Questions

Interview

Submitted my resume online. Had a phone interview with a recruiter, then another phone interview with the Senior Director People Business Partner. Next and final step is an in-person interview; waiting to hear back about that.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

Recruiter will reach out to you. Screening by recruiter. Several rounds of interview. Have to do onsite and video interview. Will also have to do a corporate presentation. Tailored demonstration with the hiring managers as an audience.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Lisle, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

Online video interview questions submitted through web service. Followed by an in-person interview with managers of different teams and facility VP. There were technical and personality based questions.

Interview Questions

• If you are in an environment that is not stimulating or effective for you what can you do to make the work/environment interesting?   Answer Question
    • Why should we not hire you?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Plano, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

HR general screen followed by Technical phone interview, then on-site which was aimed more at personality fit than technical questions. For someone at this level, determining a good fit with the company is really more important than whether you can spout definitions of the latest technology buzz words.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CA Technologies (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

Overall was an ok experience, said online that they were looking for people interested in data science but in reality only needed someone to look at sql queries and create dashboards. Personally I was in a sql class at the time and didn't have much knowledge on it

Marketing Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

I applied online, and received an email for video interview. The time frame to finish the interview is pretty flexible. There is only one chance for each question. Both written and oral interview questions included.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you were responsible for ensuring work outputs met a certain target or goal. How did you track and document your work? What did you do if you were unable to meet your target or goal?
      Give an example of a complex problem you had to solve. How did you approach it? Was it difficult? What was the solution?
      Do you think Marketing is an art or a science? Why?   Answer Question

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

No interview. Be careful of recruiters like Michael Dowd. They will decide a time 2-4 days out and send email 1 hr before that they have selected another candidate with a standard email. Happened to me twice

Waste of time with other recruiters too. Recruiting seems to be a mess in this company

Interview Questions

• Difficult to even talk to the recruiter. Forget interview   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CA Technologies in February 2018.

Interview

It was an online interview process, which means that you recorded yourself answering the questions and then submitted it. You had one chance to answer the questions, most of them were basic, easy to answer questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CA Technologies.

Interview

Very professional. The interview was long, but covered a lot , from skills, compensation and technical information. There were several people that did the interview. They gave a lot of time to discuss what the job would be about. They also discussed the technologies they were using for development and testing. Wanted to know my opinion on processes like Agile, TDD and BDD.

Interview Questions

• What are you strengths and weaknesses?
      How would you handle the difficult situation with a team member ?   Answer Question