CDCNews Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CDCNews Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.1

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CDCNews.

Interview

Very basic interview. You interview with both sales managers and they decide whether or not they want to hire you. It is not uncommon for them to discuss the interviewees with current employees. They have such a hard time hiring and keeping people that they really rely on referrals. That doesn't even work.

Interview Questions

• They want to know if you have a problem making prospecting calls.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CDCNews in February 2016.

Interview

Laid back but misleading towards what their attitudes are and how they treat you. Phone call then two in person interviews. Overall I wouldn't recommend going through the interviews.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CDCNews.

Interview

Call with recruiter, who was very thorough
    Call with HM, had to do a sales pitch a surprise- would have been nice to have known it was expected.
    Onsite interview and a shadowing experience- really good to see process
    offer extended
    Background Drug screen references
    Very professional and relevant questions
    A good experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NONE

Business Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDCNews.

Interview

First I received a phone interview from a recruiter. She asked fairly standard behavioral interview questions. She was very friendly. Then I went into the office and interviewed with the sales manager. He was very nice and really just wanted to make sure that I understood the criteria for the position and how the commission structure worked.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a difficult situation that you were able to overcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDCNews (Vero Beach, FL).

Interview

If you interview they will give you drug test. Then set you up for training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. 100% commissioned with draw

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CDCNews (Orlando, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Quick, to the point and effective. They want to see if you have underlying reasons to succeed and make money. They want to avoid hiring people looking to just collect the menial base salary. They also want to see that you can be resilient and not timid. This job takes guts and grit. If you are tenacious and want to make money, you will succeed and you will like this job.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? They want to know that you are motivated to earn. Because only people who need to make a certain amount of money will be able to succeed through the grind this role requires.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDCNews (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Recruiter found my resume and called me. Nothing fancy just a regular conversation with her. Seemed like good people and made you feel special. Set up in person interview with direct manager. Started by saying go ahead and take off your suit jacket and get comfortable which was nice. Rattled off my background and he had some questions - again nothing special or fancy. Once they knew my background they were more concerned to tell me about them and their expectations. They definitely answered the difficult questions using politics and words to avoid a real answer. I realized later they wanted you to feel your skills are special so they could demand more from you later.
    An example of avoidance. How's the turnover? Well I am happy with my current team for the most part. Then I saw 6 people leave in 6 months.
    Another example. What happens when the $12k draw bucket runs dry. Well just make your calls and get some sales and that won't be an issue.
    After the one on one, I came back to sit with coworker for 2 hours and take a test drive as they say.
    Even though I was ready to go right away, I had to wait for HR to make the offer the next day or so.

Interview Questions

• Again there were no trick questions here. I believe HR made their decision based on the resume and the interview was a formality so the manager saw he could work with you himself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For this type job a $52k base is already at or near the top so no negotiation took place. At the time I did not know it was their recruiting technique - offer people top dollar to get them in and then cut their pay in half after 3 months.
    After the interview it is all down hill starting with the shoddy training.
    Also I had to wait 2 1/2 weeks before I started and 2 more weeks for a paycheck.

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDCNews (Vero Beach, FL) in June 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by the company's recruiter for a 30-45 minute phone interview. From there I was interviewed with a Regional Manager and the Director of Sales. They asked STAR questions and general banter. One more 1:1 with the Regional Manager, a sit with current sales, drug test, and then the offer.

They did a thorough screening. My alma mater was even contacted to make sure I that's where I got my degree.

Interview Questions

• It's business-to-business sales. They'll ask you situational questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was some room to negotiate, but the comp plan has changed completely since my hiring date.

Outbound B2B Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDCNews (Vero Beach, FL) in April 2007.

Interview

Smooth process, very detailed information given. All days and times kept, professional experience and pleasant process. I was presented with a lot of clear and concise information which was also very above board and honest. CDC News is a good Company, they find the best talent. They made me feel special throughout the whole onboarding phase.

Interview Questions

• What companies did you close?
      What were your biggest deals?
      Why did those companies buy?
      1 Answer
    • What were the steps you took from "cold call to close"?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was a little "wiggle" room however the commission opportunity is so good that I walked away from negotiations very satisfied. They did request proof of my previous sales income and they gave me a base salary which was about 40% of the previous year. That is fine with me, the commsissions are uncapped so I was confident that I would make much more than I had the previous year.

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDCNews in April 2012.

Interview

I responded to a job ad online. A CDCNews recruiter based in Florida contacted me. She was very chatty and very enthusiastic about recommending me for an interview. She even offered to get me a position as a recruiter (if I would move to FL) based on my past experience in that role. A week later I went to the reporter interview and the first thing I noticed was, with the exception of the 2 managers, EVERYONE looked to be about 20 years old. My first and last thoughts about this place were: I am not going to fit into this young, hipster company culture. Nothing special was asked of me at the interview. In fact, the 2 managers greeted me with about as much enthusiasm as a DMV employee processing a payment for license tags.. They were the polar opposite of the good-natured recruiter in Florida. The interview was over quickly and though they assured me they would contact me with a decision either way, I never heard from them and honestly did not expect I would.