CDS (Club Demonstration Services) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

1.8

Product Demonstration Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CDS (Club Demonstration Services) (Princeton, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial screening interview conducted by District Manager, followed by face to face group interview conducted with District Manager, Regional HR Manager and Company HR Manager.
    Interview lasted approximately 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with technology?
      Rate yourself, Novice, Intermediate, Expert.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDS (Club Demonstration Services) (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

short and to the point ask about me experience in customer service. Explained about the company. explained company policy, What the day was like the different shifts and what I was available for in hours and days I was available open to work and the hours of start and finish. The hours of Cost Co. What were my expectations were in working for CDS. Went over salaries and starting pay. Drug test and background check. Went over the basics of the company the rules and dress code, what was expected of employees.

Interview Questions

• how do I like customer service and how much experience did I have   1 Answer

Costco Food Demonstrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CDS (Club Demonstration Services) (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

They actually emailed me asking for me to apply, and then when I showed up, they instantly gave me the hourly rate, the background check forms and my drug test, saying I was needed.

If it's a new store opening, you have a greater chance of getting a job, because they need a ton of people to begin staffing it.

Closing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Plainfield, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDS (Club Demonstration Services) (North Plainfield, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

I obtained an interview via current employee networking and speaking the manager prior to applying for the position. The manager instructed me on how to apply and contact them afterwards.

I applied and played phone tag with the manager and supervisor for about a week until I set up an interview. I went through a very short phone screening prior setting up the interview. I was asked why I applied and if I had related experience. As I answered, the manager remembered that I discussed this with them in person before I applied. Afterwards, I was asked to bring in two forms of identification for a background check.

I went in for my interview (initially for a demonstrator) and through discussion of my related experience, I mentioned that I also applied for shift supervisor. The manager said the job was already filled and asked if I'd like to apply for the coordinator position (which was right below shift supervisor) instead and come back the next day for a different interview. I agreed and went in for the new interview.

The closing coordinator interview was very easy. I was only asked two low level management challenge scenario questions (see below). I had years of related experience and management experience. This job nor did the supervisor job required or preferred any experience. One disapproval I had was that the manager sort of helped answer the questions for me as if I sounded like I wasn't completely sure of what to do. After I answered, they congratulated me and said that's what they wanted to hear. After the interview I had a good feeling that I would get the job.

I got a call the following week asking me to come in for a second interview. In my experience, I knew that this meant an official in person job offer since nothing more was really needed and based on how well the initial interview went. I went in and this "second interview" consisted of them offering me the job, my documented acceptance, conducting the drug test, and submitting my documents for a background check. Also part of the interview/hiring process was passing a Coscto required food safety test the following day. I was provided a small study booklet with quizzes that I aced and did the same on the actual test.

Interview Questions

• 1. What would I do if an employee was still in the bathroom and it was closing time? 2. What would I do if the manager had to leave early and added duties to my shift?   2 Answers

Club Demonstrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDS (Club Demonstration Services) (Westlake Village, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Relaxed setting, asked questions to get to know me on a personal level. Asked about previous jobs, why i left them and what i expected from this one. Asked about following directions and about handling pressure from customers.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with food before? Do you know how to follow instructions?   1 Answer

Demonstrater/Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CDS (Club Demonstration Services) (Naples, FL).

Interview

Brief interview with immediate drug test. Description of duties. Asked if you are an outgoing person and can you approach total strangers and explain product with tasting. Do you like to cook? Are you able to stand for 6 hours.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift 30 to 50 lbs? What limitations would you have doing this job? Can you cook with a griddle, micro wave, convection oven? Do you enjoy speaking with strangers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation available. Take the job as is with this payment or don't take it.

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDS (Club Demonstration Services) (Allentown, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

There was a mass hiring event at a hotel near the soon to be Costco. A job application was filled out electronically on site after which they took a resume and conducted a one on one interview. They then did a cheek swab drug test and gave a multiple choice health and safety quiz. I was contacted with a job offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a customer who wants to sample your product but no samples are prepared yet?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CDS (Club Demonstration Services) (Louisville, KY) in August 2016.

Interview

Easy, met with supervisor at store. Met in the restaurant section of the store. This was a comfortable setting and the interviewer asked several questions about previous job and ask me tell him about myself. very casual interview with no difficult questions. I was excited to start the job .I enjoy working with prople and hopefully this job will meet my expectations.

Interview Questions

• when can you start/ Tell me about your self/ Tell me about you previous work experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

actually no negotiations as such pretty straight forward

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CDS (Club Demonstration Services) (Murray, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

There really was no interview process I filled out a application took a drug test and passed. Renee is a friend of my mom and my aunt Paulette works there. I had the job before I walked through the door.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CDS (Club Demonstration Services) (Issaquah, WA).

Interview

Pretty generic and easy. They ask basic question and your transportation. By the way, they don't give out money for transportation. There's is a background check and oral marijuana test after the interview if you passed. They act like the job is hard to obtain, when it is very easy. Passing out samples is not difficult at all.

Interview Questions

• how would you react if you got into a fight with an employee?   1 Answer