CFA Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.9

Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Due to time difference it was mainly web calls and one visit to the office.
    While not offered the position but got to the last stage of the interview process, it would have be helpful to receive a feedback rather than "copy and paste" email with the decision. I did ask for feedback one but have never received any reply not even an email refusing to provide one.

Staff Level Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter within a few days of applying for the role. Had a in depth conversation regarding the company, the role, and my skills and qualifications. Interviewed on site the following week with members of the staff and leadership, along with a tour of the facility. Heard back with an offer a few days later.

Expectations and timelines were clearly stated, the process moved forward as anticipated.

Interview Questions

• In depth questions regarding my experience, career history, motivational fit   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Arlington, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

90 minutes. 3 people one by one.The first one is the manager, asking for many detailed and technical questions but very informative about their company's culture and business. The second one was a normal employee. He just went through your resume and asked some simple questions. The third one was the head of the department. He asked for your background and software skills and was not very interested in other parts.

Interview Questions

• Your internship experience and software-using experience.   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

A short, cordial phone call with HR. Very laid back, enjoyable conversation. One day later, received an invite to an in-person interview. That interview consisted of a meeting with the hiring manager, followed by co-interview with three team members (one via video conference). Afterward, HR was excellent about staying in touch with me, letting me know of any delays in the hiring process. Three weeks later, I received a call offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions regarding my background, my writing style, what groups of people I've worked with previously, if I'm ok with a cubicle, if I have had experience working with people spread around the world.   Answer Question

Senior Executive Assistant - Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and I was called a few days later. The recruiter set up a phone screening and then we had a short meeting in person before I interviewed with my potential future boss. The experience was positive and the recruiter was very professional, timely, and he immediately put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very conversational and pleasant with typical interview questions such as tell me what you know about CFA, why do you want to leave your current position, tell me about yourself, etc. I was used to formal panel interviews but this was nothing like that and I felt like I could connect to the person interviewing me.   Answer Question

Senior Executive Assistant - Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from their recruiter a few days later requesting a phone interview. The phone conversation lasted about 25 minutes and was solid. In a day or so, I was invited for a face-to-face 30-minute interview with the recruiter. That time again was solid. He asked usual behavioral, experience, and qualification questions. At the very end, when we were both standing to leave, he asked.......below. The thing is, I present myself very professionally, and if anything, am more than qualified for the job.

Interview Questions

• "Oh, bye the way, how old are your children?"   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the internship position and was contacted in the time frame provided by CFA for their internship interviews.
    I first completed a phone interview with standard questions, and then was invited for an in-person interview.
    Campus is very modern and in a good location. The interviewers were very welcoming and personable, and their passion for their organization was clear. Compensation was very competitive for internships also. All in all a positive interview experience.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at CFA Institute.

Interview

Long, drawn out, with periods of complete silence when I was certain the deal was dead. Two rounds of telephone interviews (hiring manager, then peer group) followed by two rounds of in-person interviews. HR is a weak link, with the staff recruiter a near deal-breaker. She is unprepared for interviews, does not call at the agreed-upon times, or meet agreed-upon deadlines.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, though negotiations were difficult and they showed very little flexibility on certain points.

Web Marketing/Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CFA Institute.

Interview

Had initial contact with a friendly, knowledgeable junior recruiter named Jennifer, who scheduled an interview with Monique -- CFA's senior recruiter. I was told Monique was going to call me at the designated time... then, nothing at all. Two hours later, I sent the junior recruiter a note to let her know I hadn't heard anything from Monique (and she hadn't either), so the junior recruiter rescheduled for me (she had access to Monique's calendar). No explanation as to why Monique missed the appointment.

So, day of appointment-take-2 (several days later), Monique calls 20 minutes before our scheduled time -- which is on her calendar. She had no idea who I was, that this was our second try, or what position I had applied for. After a few minutes of her talking to herself and her calendar/email system while I waited silently, she (apparently) finally noticed the schedule with me on it. She thought I was a different candidate for a different role -- so, basically, she had no idea we had an appointment scheduled.

Once we got all squared away, the interview began. Stock, basic questions to fill time as (I suspect) she reviewed my resume for the first time. (Whenever I stopped talking, I got a basic reply like "Great," "Uh huh," or "OK.")

At the end, I was told I was very qualified, and to expect an interview with the hiring manager on Monday, at which time we'd talk about flying in for a visit. Of course, that didn't happen, either -- no word from anyone for several days, until I got a stock/generic reject email. In followup, again with the junior recruiter, I was able to ascertain that I wasn't selected to go forward because of salary requirements... which were clearly spelled out in my initial documents/application.

So, the screening with Monique was a complete waste of time. All in all, CFA (still) sounds like a fantastic place to work, albeit with a rather ill-prepared senior recruiter running the show.

Interview Questions

• Most ordinary interview ever. Nothing specific about the position at all.   Answer Question

Market Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Received a phone call from HR, briefly chatted for around 5 min then she said would let me know the actual interview time later but never got it even though I followed up with a couple of other emails.

Interview Questions

• The "interview" with HR was straightforward and chill.   Answer Question