CFA Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in January 2018.

Interview

Meet with Hiring manager and their immediate supervisor for about 45 minutes each. Relaxed, yet professional and candid conversations about past roles and experiences and how they align with their goals and strategies.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with changing and often competing priorities and there stakeholders.   Answer Question

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

One in person interview at the office. Two managers were present to meet and ask questions. They take you for a walk around the department. Pretty standard with no unexpected questions. Not intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were a team player. What's your biggest weakness? Pretty standard interview questions- nothing that threw me for a loop.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the internship position and was contacted in the time frame provided by CFA for their internship interviews.
    I first completed a phone interview with standard questions, and then was invited for an in-person interview.
    Campus is very modern and in a good location. The interviewers were very welcoming and personable, and their passion for their organization was clear. Compensation was very competitive for internships also. All in all a positive interview experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in December 2013.

Interview

I received a call from the recruiter who was very kind. She was very forthcoming about the culture and what I would expect being employed there. In addition, she had basically told me "You should have no problem working here!" I received no response after the phone interview for 3 weeks and when I called in, they told me to check my email. I waited another two weeks and finally an email came that said they had found someone else. What upset me is that the company sends me emails and newsletters as if I was a customer and sent me "Jobs" flyer which listed the job I applied for.

Interview Questions

• What software do you have experience with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Solid interview process, one initial phone call followed up by two online Skype calls. Each call was about an hour with a different manager each time. Very nice employers, I encourage working for them.

Market Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Received a phone call from HR, briefly chatted for around 5 min then she said would let me know the actual interview time later but never got it even though I followed up with a couple of other emails.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

After initial phone interview, there was a TWO HOUR interview comprised of 4 half hour interviews with groups of 2-4 people. By the second half hour, I had answered the same questions, repeated my work history and skills twice .... by the time the last half hour kicked in, I was no longer fresh and had to question myself whether or not I had already answered the question. In addition, the interviewers were not prepared, and I sensed did not enjoy this process, but it may be one of their job responsibilities. Most of the employees have accounting and/or academic backgrounds, and were uncomfortable doing a human resources responsibility. (In fact, the HR person was outgoing, friendly while the staff interviewers fidgeted in their chairs, couldn't make eye contact, etc.) There is no reason why this process couldn't have been one interview. The process was exhausting and a complete waste of time. One interviewer thought it would be clever to ask "worse case scenario" questions she got from Goggle that were nothing short of ridiculous. Another question: "What does your neighbor think of you?" I left HOPING I would not get the job.

Interview Questions

• "What does your neighbor think of you?"   1 Answer

Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in June 2008.

Interview

it may take a while for them to get back to you. follow-up for more likely success. prepare for a two-part interview. the first interview is with human resources and the second is with the department. it is a great place to work, so prepare and you'll do fine.

Interview Questions

• the questions are pretty general, but there are alot of them. also, when human resources calls you on the phone to schedule a formal interview, hr will conduct at that time an informal one.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no, but the company is very flexible. they hire friendly, easy-going people who won't blink twice at negotiations. i only learned this after i started working there, but it is generally true. take the job if you get an offer, but don't be scared to negotiate if you feel you're qualifications demand it. i doubt, however, that you'll have to, as they compensate more than fairly.

Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Due to time difference it was mainly web calls and one visit to the office.
    While not offered the position but got to the last stage of the interview process, it would have be helpful to receive a feedback rather than "copy and paste" email with the decision. I did ask for feedback one but have never received any reply not even an email refusing to provide one.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in January 2009.

Interview

Pretty typical and standard interview. Started out with phone interview with an HR person who just asked basic questions regarding work history, strengths and weaknesses, what the job consists of and interests. Second part of interview process was 1 on 1 meeting with the hiring manager and HR. Met with HR to fill out appplication and go over benefits of the company and history of company and then met with hiring manager to discuss position and my personal qualifications.
    Overall, pretty standard interview process. No technical questions were asked. Only negative was that it does take them a while to get back to you and they draw out the process. I was in contact with them for 3 weeks and they told me it would take them another 2 weeks to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your overall strangths and weaknesses as a person.   Answer Question

Accepted a position elsewhere.

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CFA Institute (Charlottesville, VA) in June 2010.

Interview

Applied on Linked In. Interviewed by phone first for 40 min. Discussed details of my past jobs, including what I did and why I left. Then came for an in person interview. I met four people. They had looked me up online and read my CV. Very thorough.

Interview Questions

• Pressed on why I left each job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did negotiate for slightly higher salary.