CH2M Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CH2M

2.7

Sort:

Construction Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CH2M.

Interview

received an call from hr recruiter, basic interview questions were asked, set up a phone interview with a project manager interviewed over the phone, called in to a face to face interview, three different person interviewed me at a time, than said you will hear from me after two weeks to never to heard from again...

Interview Questions

• tell about your typical day at work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CH2M (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2013.

Interview

I had three total interviews: one 30-minute phone interview with the CMS Leads, then a 1-hour onsite interview with the same CMS Leads as well as other Construction Managers, then a 30-minute chat over coffee with the Manager. It was very informal. They just wanted to chat and get to know me. Incredibly relaxed.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything too difficult. I was thrown off when they asked me about my experiences as a female engineer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I couldn't negotiate because I was hired through a temp agency (contract-to-hire). I wasn't happy with my salary, but I needed a job.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CH2M in November 2011.

Interview

it was a stander interview, on the phone first, and then in person, at there offices in Tyler, Texas.

Negotiation

I got the stander offer from the management.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at CH2M (Columbus, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

Conducted a brief interview with a Senior Construction Manager, who asked no relevant questions. Then was told I'd be offered a job, but they didn't know which job. Received an offer approximately 2 weeks later. I accepted then proceeded to wait 6 months for "Client Approval" before the offer was validated.

Contracts Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CH2M.

Interview

Recruiter missed two separate phone appointments that she scheduled. Recruiter then lied about hiring manager's background, easily verifiable on LinkedIn.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CH2M (Englewood, CO) in April 2008.

Interview

First I was contacted by a representative in Chicago, IL for a preliminary phone interview. After successfully passing my first meeting I was called in for a formal interview at corporate headquarters. I met with a series of 6 people (2 at a time) with each group comprised of a different specialty. The questions asked were directly related to active projects the hiring position was going to work on and the overall feel of the interview was fairly casual with intelligent conversation about environmental topics.

No trick or boilerplate questions were asked like the generic "ehm, how would you say you handle conflict?". All questions were pertinent to the position and my interviewers were great about providing a snapshot of the overall company and what kind of work culture I could expect if hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle working with an angry client and manage your staff/actions to ensure client satisfaction.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CH2M in August 2014.

Interview

I submitted a resume and had an informal conversation over the phone which lead to me being hired. There was no formal interview process that I took part in. This is probably due to my having an existing professional relationship with one of the general foreman.

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CH2M (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

It is somewhat drawn out but I believe a lot of it has to do with the security clearance required being my job is at a airport. I wasn't to difficult actually quite easy in my opinion basic questions and people in the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would I do in a situation I didn't know the answer to?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CH2M (Denver, CO) in June 2012.

Interview

They used a multi-stage interview process. Met the team, potential co-workers. Got the tour of the facility, company pep talk. The questions were reasonable for the position. There were role play scenarios and tests of understanding the relevant industry jargon. The overall process lasted about two weeks. There was an in-depth background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, it was a take-it-or-leave it deal.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CH2M (Denver, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process included a phone call from a recruiter to schedule a phone screening. The phone screening lasted maybe 15-30 minutes. I was later called back for an in person interview. The in person interview consisted of interviewing with the hiring manager and a few of the hiring managers peers. The entire process took about 2-3 hours. I left having a good feeling unfortunately received a phone call a few weeks later (that was a long wait) that I wasn't accepted. I was asked to fill out a survey on the interview process. Every person I came in contact with was very nice and approachable. They answered questions and were genuinely engaging in their conversation.