KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

CIA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 78 of over 78 interviews

Other4%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

CIA

Application

I interviewed at CIA

Interview

The process takes a very long time so be prepared for that. Interview was long but not as hard as I expected it to be. Overall, it was a positive experience.

CIA

Application

I applied online. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at CIA in Jan 2022

Interview

Long and tedious interview process. From the time I applied online to the day I rejected the offer was 3 years. I'm sure it was longer due to COVID but it was quite ridiculous. Online application, online aptitude test, online IQ test, over the phone interview, another over the phone interview, two day info session, more interviews and evals, and just keeps going until finally they offer you a job.

Interview Questions
  • Why the CIA? Why do you want to want to work in public service?
    Answer Question
3 people found this interview helpful

CIA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIA

Interview

Very in depth interview process. Seemed like they already knew what your answer would be for some questions. Didn't ask odd questions though. Make sure you are well versed in international events.

Interview Questions
10 people found this interview helpful

CIA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIA

Interview

Consisted of some behavioral tests as a screener. If selected, you do a series of situational tests & security clearance related things. Recruiters were very nice and personable. They make every opportunity to dispel rumors & meet possible superiors/co-workers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

CIA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIA

Interview

Great. They flew us out to VA and spoke to 2 nice employees who basically ask about yourself and ask you to explain any issues you are knowledgeable about. . .

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a world issue right now and how it affects US interests?
1 person found this interview helpful

CIA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIA in Feb 2021

Interview

There were two women interviewing me. Made sure I knew the technicals (yes or no answer) and then the rest was behavioral/situational questions. Questions like: "What is one time you had a conflict on a team".

Interview Questions
  • Q: Tell us about a time you led a team. Was there any problems along the way?

CIA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIA

Interview

It took 14 months from the time I first submitted my application to the time my clearance was approved. During those 14 months, there was a phone interview, in-person flyout interview, full-scope polygraph, single-scope background, and basic physical and psych evaluations. The complete interview process is outlined on their website and I found it to be accurate in my own experience.

Interview Questions
  • The actual face-to-face interview was very traditional with a mix of behavioral and situational questions.

CIA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIA

Interview

Basic Interview Questions nothing specifically regarding the job I applied too. The interview was a panel interview with 3 people and was in a big room with lots of other interviews happening at the same time. It was about 15 minutes and I received a conditional offer of employment right there. That was over 14 years ago I am sure the process has changed.

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at CIA (Washington, DC) in Aug 2019

Interview

I got the impression that the supervisor prefers PAs. It was quite obvious during the interview and not getting an offer confirmed my suspension. I’m not sure why but it didn’t make me feel to good after the interview

Interview Questions
  • They wanted to know about an evaluation you received that you didn’t agree with and what did you do
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIA (Washington, DC)

Interview

Talked to the interviewer for around an hour, taking about my previous research experiences as well as what I could bring to the company. The interviewers were from the group that I was trying to apply, and seemed enthusiastic.

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 78 Interviews

CIA Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at CIA as 51.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.81 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Operations Officer and Intelligence Analyst rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Analyst and Intern roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at CIA takes an average of 123 days when considering 93 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Intern had the quickest hiring process (on average 20 days), whereas Intelligence Analyst roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 173 days).

Common stages of the interview process at CIA according to 93 Glassdoor interviews include:

IQ Intelligence Test: 16.33%

Work at CIA? Share Your Experiences

CIA logo

CIA Careers

Cover image for CIA

The CIA is the premier agency responsible for providing global intelligence on the ever-changing political, social, economic, technological...More

• CIA Careers
  • Diversity
  • Student Programs
  • Foreign Language

Company Updates

1044 days ago

Can your skills protect our nation? There's only one way to find out. Come to the CIA Careers Open House in Charlotte on October 25 to see if you have what it takes to be in the CIA! Reserve your spot by emailing AgencyRecruiting@ucia.gov.
Shared image

1224 days ago

The CIA’s Directorate of Digital Innovation (DDI) accelerates innovation with cutting-edge digital and cyber tradecraft and IT infrastructure. From designing secure systems to gleaning insights needed to produce data-driven intelligence products, the DDI’s cyber professionals, data scientists, IT engineers and other technical professionals are transforming the CIA for the digital age. Explore the links below to learn about some of our careers in the DDI! IT Engineer: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vMvTb IT Customer Service Officer: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vMvTo
Shared image - http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vMvTo
glassdoor.com

CIA Photos

+ Add Photo
CIA photo of: Student Opportunities
CIA photo of: CIA's first street sign
CIA photo of: The Berlin Wall Monument located in the Original Headquarters Building
CIA photo of: CIA developed the highly secret A-12 OXCART as the U-2's successor.
CIA photo of: Office of Strategic Services Memorial
CIA photo of: The CIA Book of Honor lists the names of officers who died while serving their country.
CIA photo of: This CIA seal is a hallmark of the Original Headquarters Building lobby.