CIA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.8

Operations Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CIA (Washington, DC).

Interview

First an online application that must be completed within a few days once started. Then an invitation to take an online intelligence test and personality test, as well as write hand-written responses to several questions. Then a skype interview. Eventually they call you to D.C.. However, I did not get to the in person interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why the Agency?
      What experience do you have that is relevant?
      What are your career goals?
      What would you do if you did not start working here?
      What is your greatest skill?
      1 Answer

Customer Service Representative A Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CIA.

Interview

I applied online. A couple weeks later I received an email to take an assessment test and would be contacted again if I made it to the next step.

Cyber Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CIA (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

First lengthy online application and IQ test where they ask math word problems and logic puzzles. Then months of silence. Then suddenly an email telling me I had 24 hours to respond to the invite to DC else you lose the invite. Then at the interview center, they give a slide show to everyone and told us we were special. Very causal and friendly. Then I was interviewed by 2 ladies who were very grumpy and unhappy to see me. They reviewed facts that were wrong on my application. My fault. Then human behavior questions and were very suspicious of my answers and took everything the wrong way. For example I go to night school and took courses not in IT and they hated that. No smiles, no reactions. Only one easy technical question and I was sent home. The interviewers would be the people you work with and they looked very unfriendly and unhappy. I could tell the job environment was very stressful and really for 22 year old anti-social brats who spend nights feverishly on the computer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Financial Resource Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CIA (Chantilly, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was very straight forward. Brought me in for a presentation and then a 45 min interview with 2 employees from the finance department. They were extremely nice and answered all of my questions. Now just waiting for the background investigation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you were in charge of. What were the results?   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CIA in August 2016.

Interview

Behavior-based question only, no technical questions. Very easy interview 1:1, by the time you walk out of the door, you've already knew if you qualified or not for the COE (conditional of employment). If you got COE, you will have the polygragh test and medical exam immediately after the interview. Otherwise, they told you to go home and wait for email

Interview Questions

• Give an example or explain the situation where you have been in charge of the project that you are team member and the project manager decided to quit   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CIA (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied after meeting at a campus recruiting event, got emailed a personality and IQ test then was invited to fly out to DC for an in person interview with two current project managers. Signed an NDA so can not elaborate further

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CIA (Washington, DC).

Interview

After submitting the (lengthy) application form, you are emailed a timed IQ and personality test from HR. After a few weeks, I received an invitation to go interview on-site. No technical questions, just culture/fit questions -- one of the interviewers specifically stated that they "know" your qualifications before you walk through the door, and are only interested in seeing how you fit and operate in a team-based environment. Before the interview they give you a presentation about the CIA and its mission.

Interview Questions

• List one time you had a disagreement within a team. How did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIA (Washington, DC).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

sss

Nro Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CIA (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

You get flown in, friendly behavioral interview. All that you would expect from a government agency. Not intimidating what so ever. Takes a while to get your back round check, no surprise. The people in charge of your status are readily available.

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied online and after a few months was invited to a recruitment event in a close by city, where they held interviews for all types of postions. It was the early morning and they gave a 2 hour talk between multiple people about the process after the interview, should we get an offer. The interview itself was actually fairly easy and simple. It was entirely behaviorial, so nothing too hard to answer. If you actually have some experience in what you're applying for and have some amount of social skills you should be fine.