CIBC Mellon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CIBC Mellon Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.3

The Specialist, Institutional and Pension Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC Mellon (London, ON (Canada)) in December 2017.

Interview

Emailed me to ask for a time to get a phone interview. The phone only lasted 5 mins and she gave me a person interview.
    There were 2 ladies in the interview. They are kind and nice. 8-9 questions were all behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• experience to improve process.
      how to deal with a angry client.   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CIBC Mellon.

Interview

HR contacts you for a short phone interview. Usually it is to discuss about the opportunity and what it entails. HR is quite nice over the phone but curt. Then there is one in person interview with senior managers who ask fairly simple questions like "how do you deal with the same type of work every day" and "how do you deal with conflicts"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC Mellon (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview by HR and one-on-one with Team Leaders. The interview process took about 30mins, be ready for behavioural, about mutual funds and basic accounting questions. Questions like how you deal with conflicts, what is NAV, how to calculate NAV, are you open to contract position?

Interview Questions

• If I buy a business today, what accounting book will you record the transaction?   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Interview

There were two rounds for me, first round with HR second round with the team lead. Be prepared for definitions like "NAV", what does fund accounting do in general. No hard or tricky questions overall, it took almost an hour in total.

Client Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC Mellon (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Upon arriving, the receptionist was very nice, although i did have to wait for a while for my interviewer to approach me. I don't really like that - as i believe both parties should be present at the required time.
    The interview was pretty brief, two mangers interviewed me from the department. Only one manger asked the questions, the other manger just watched me answer the questions - i guess he was trying to be intimidating or something. Otherwise a very simple and quick interview.

They informed me i will hear back in about 2 weeks.

Accounting Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC Mellon in April 2017.

Interview

2 phone interview and 1 onsite.

Interviewer and hr completely stopped answering my emails and calls after the last interview. I had spent a month talking back and forth with them.

Very unprofessional HR practice. At least send an automated rejection email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC Mellon (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

in a meeting room first floor, ask some simple questions about school, work hours, who do you know in the company, salary expectation etc., and then technique questions. never contact me after I left

Specialist, Institutional Pension and Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC Mellon (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was recruited by a recruiter so i got to skip the telephone screening interview and went straight to the in person interview. i had a panel of 2, both managers. Its a very straight forward interview. I was asked both behavioural questions and technical questions. You have to know the accounting fundamentals (nav, stock spilts, mutual funds) and excel skills (macro, pivot tables, v lookup) and describe them.

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC Mellon.

Interview

It was a very straight forward interview. They asked me the typical standard behavioral questions and then transitioned into the technical skills that you possess. Know your accounting fundamentals (journal entries on dividends, prepaid expenses etc), know excel (VLookup, pivot tables, macros), and know your mutual funds (NAV, stock split etc).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why should we hire you, weakness, technical questions on accounting, excel and mutual funds   Answer Question

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC Mellon (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

tell me about yourself, strength and weakness, teamwork, Net asset value calculation, what is a mutual fund in your own words. Explain to me what is cash accounting and what is accrual accounting .