CSG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2018

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CSG (Omaha, NE).

Interview

One phone interview followed by one in-office interview.
    The phone interview was basically a more-detailed resume review with the hiring manager. Occasionally an additional pre-screening call may be used, as well, sometimes with 2-3 "basic" technical questions.
    The in-person interview tends to be a three-part visit to the department director, then the lead architect, and then the hiring manager, each with 1 or 2 subordinates for additional questioning. The questions start high-level but become more technical at each stop. The hiring manager usually has a lead and senior developer in the interview who ask several technical questions, including a couple "trick" or extremely advanced questions with the intent of evaluating the quality of an "I don't know" response.

Interview Questions

• A complex SQL query that the applicant is asked whether it is valid or not.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSG (Omaha, NE) in March 2009.

Interview

not very good

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CSG (Omaha, NE).

Interview

I found the position posted online and submitted my application with a resume and cover letter that succinctly described how my experience addressed the key requirements of the posted position.

Interview Questions

• How did you grow revenue within your current account base?   Answer Question
    • How many years in your work history were specifically focused on growing current account base vs selling to new clients?   Answer Question

Web Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSG (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Tech screen with an Architect. Architect seemed rude and egotistical, not friendly. When I asked the HR for feedback, the feedback was so egotistical, it was funny! Seemed like the guy wanted to get specific answers. He didn't try to create rapport or reciprocate at all. He said, "overall, he's a very smart guy but we will have to pass."

Interview Questions

• Describe tech stack, what is a clustered index(I'm not a DBA which seemed unacceptab, describe SOLID, what tools was used to do what, was applied.   Answer Question

.NET Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSG (Omaha, NE) in January 2018.

Interview

In-house recruiter was basically reading from her checklist. When we hit question number 3 and she didn't feel like she got the perfect 'check the box' response, she terminated the interview. Didn't get a sense that she took the time to really even read my resume since the first couple of questions had obvious anwers in the resume. Another case where the HR organization is more interested in their 'list' than in getting to know candidates.

Interview Questions

• Have you any enterprise experiece?   1 Answer

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSG (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

The process took abt 3 weeks. HR phone interview. They called me 3 days later for face to face. I met with HR first and then the department head and manager.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous experience on my resume.   1 Answer
    • Behavioral questions   1 Answer
    • Do you think you are over qualified for position?   Answer Question

C# Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CSG (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted by HR a few days later and had a 30 min phone conversation regarding my current work and experience. Four days later I was scheduled to speak for 30 min on the phone with a Software Architect on the team. This segment was purely technical about mostly OOP concepts specifically using C# and some database stuff. He had some pretty advanced questions regarding design patterns. I actually thought I did not so well on this and was surprised to be selected to move on to a 2.5 hour interview. The interview was done using Skype since I was out of town (I interviewed for the Chicago location). The format was five 30 minute segments each with different people. I was caught off guard because I was preparing for a technical test-type interview similar to the phone screen but overall the interview seemed very informal and conversational. They didn't as much seemed to care about what I know but seemed more interested in previous projects I have done and what work methodology I was exposed to (i.e. Agile etc). The interview was somewhat repetitive but very easy and relaxed. Everyone was very friendly except last person I talked to who seemed rather confrontational somewhat condescending - it was just one of those things where we started off wrong and I never properly recovered. I figured this may have messed me up and I was actually not given an offer in the end. The whole process was OK and I am fine for not being selected, the actual reason why I am ultimately inclined to review the process negatively is the utter lack of communication after the interview. I only learned of my rejection after I decided to follow up with HR after 3 weeks of complete silence. I don't think its cool not to follow up at all after going so far through the process.

C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSG (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I appeared for the interview at CSG international. I had telephonic technical discussion before. After clearing the same they scheduled next round of interview. Such a waste of time . Interviewer was decided and came not to hire and was giving free suggestions on top of that.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CSG (Denver, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

One Onsite round with Hiring Manager
    One Onsite round with technical person (above average difficulty)
    I cleared both the rounds however they messed up thinking my current salary as expected salary.
    they were ignorant on provide descent raise in salary from my previous one ( just 5 K increase)

Interview Questions

• 1. Why OOP to use like inheritance why can't we use containment?
      2. How to call common method from two implmented interfaces?
      3. How to debug WCF service after you host it?
      4.Why REST and not WCF ?   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSG (Omaha, NE) in December 2016.

Interview

HR Phone call about 30 min, asked about Salary expectations and couple of questions on Java technologies and frameworks. Then Followed up by Hiring Manager where she asked about my role and informed about team details. Then it was an onsite interview each of 30 min one after another. System Analyst, QA Analyst, 2 Senior Programmer and Hiring Manager. No technical questions were asked but all about my previous experience and most of them were about Agile process. I am waiting for the decision.