Cactus Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cactus Communications Interview Questions

Interviews at Cactus Communications

Technical Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cactus Communications (Reno, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

I sent in my resume on the Cactus Communications web site and soon received an email to log in. I was then sent a link to take a test in the area I requested. I took a 15 question test, with a time limit of 40 minutes. I completed the test in under 30 minutes and submitted it. I was confident that I got most answers correct. Results were sent soon after I completed the test and the email stated that I did not meet "the benchmark." I was surprised, so I sent a reply to find out which questions I got wrong. I am unsure if they will respond. I have strong writing skills and was surprised that I did not meet the bench mark. Has anyone else had this problem, particularly when you know you did well on the test?

Interview Questions

• Complete a 15 question test in 40 minutes.   1 Answer

Sub-Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cactus Communications in October 2010.

Interview

Took the test on their website after which I got a call from HR. They called me for an interview. HR interviewed me first then introduced me to the team manager. I was given an editing test which was reviewed by the Team Manager. I was told what to look for and what i could have improved upon and was asked to re-edit it using suggested tips. After which I was given another test. After which I was interviewed by the another senior management person. I gt a call after a few days that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Interview was pretty simple. They just want you to be good at English and spotting errors.   Answer Question

Scientific Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cactus Communications (Allentown, PA) in May 2018.

Interview

You are required to take an online test based on which you are asked to edit a passage. They are usually very prompt with their responses. The passages are difficult and do require some time to edit. In addition to content, pay attention to formatting, consistencies in editing and grammar.

Interview Questions

• The whole process was online, no questions asked in person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cactus Communications (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Email contact and sending CV. Testly editing a manuscript which was submitted to a journal for publication. Then the office checked the quality of editing to make sure I have the available skills for the job.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been serving as an freelance editor?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cactus Communications (Seattle, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

First, an online assessment to assess your English, then a few rounds of editing tests and finally an interview over skype. The editing tests required editing to be done for the word documents on research papers etc.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cactus Communications.

Interview

Very easy. Got email within a few days. I did not proceed with the subsequent request to edit a sample (like a sort of test taking) after i did research on what the expected pay would be. This seems like a viable option for one seeking a few extra bucks or living where the cost of living is very low.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cactus Communications (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for PM position through a referral and I received a call for the interview. I gave a small telephonic interview after which I was being sent two forms:
    1. Employment Application Form: Details about my overall experience, education.
    2. Questionaire: PM scenarios, semi technical questions.
    I was called for F2F interview. I appeared for the same which involved following:
    1st round: Interview with Head PM
    2nd round: Interview with Technical writter team.
    3rd round: HR

After clearing all three rounds, I was been updated that they will let me know the result. 2 days later I received an email stating they found a better candidiate and could not hire me. No feedback, No reason for declining me. I am sure when you entertain a candidiate till the point when you ask expectations, you are sure about candidiate and interested hiring him till you get another candidiate which might have lower salary expectations.

Freelance Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cactus Communications.

Interview

First you choose your desired subject(s) of work, then you are sent an editing test to complete. If you score sufficiently high on the editing test, you are then sent a short sample passage to edit. After your work on that passage is reviewed, you are either offered a position or not.

Interview Questions

• Please edit this sample passage.   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cactus Communications (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

I had to edit a passage which was rather short, perhaps 250 words or so, on the basis of which they would take the hiring decision.

I didn't hear from them until 11 days later, after I sent an email asking what the status of my application was.

Yesterday, I got an offer of USD21 per 1000 words for premium editing services, which I was glad to accept. I emailed them my confirmation and registered on the link they sent, then waited for my contract and non-disclosure agreement. It never came. I emailed them again today.

This is the killer part. This evening, I get a call from them telling me there was a mistake. They had sent me an offer meant for someone else with the same name. Seriously?

Instead, they made me an offer for Rs640/1000 words. They explained the discrepancy in payment as "cost of living is very high in Switzerland" and "since you live in India, we can only pay you in Rupees, not USD." Seriously? They were offering USD 9 per 1000 words. I asked them to send me another email with the new offer. I had to see it to believe it. True enough, I have both offers in my inbox for the EXACT SAME JOB with a huge pay gap between the two.

Cactus needs to explain its discriminatory policy. This is not done. At all!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cactus Communications (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

They sent an assignment and I edited it. It was very straightforward, with no real interaction with people at the other end. Felt like I was interviewing to a bot.

Interview Questions

• They sent an assignment to edit that was barely recognizable as English. I sent back my editing suggestions.   2 Answers