Calamos Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Calamos Investments Interview Questions

Interviews at Calamos Investments

2.7

Performance Analyst Interview

Interview

all behavior questions and from HR to the whole team member lasts for about the whole afternoon. They are interested in CFA and writing skills. Ask good questions will help.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Calamos Investments (Naperville, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a short telephone interview with an lower level associate. It was just to give me some more information and to see if I would be a good fit. She said she would pass me along to a higher level attorney to see if he wanted to do another interview. However, he did not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit for this position.   1 Answer

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Calamos Investments (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted to speak about a position. The first phone interview led to a very clear appointment of a second phone interview the next day. This was not tentative; it was a clear agreement that I would receive a call to talk further at a specifically set time. I sent a polite reminder email after waiting 45 minutes. Still no response 2 days later.

There is no excuse for not following up (in any manner) after reaching out, scheduling an appointment, and wasting my time.

The comments on GlassDoor are consistent and paired with my own personal and online research have led me to believe this is not a forward thinking environment or a desirable workplace.

Interview Questions

My time was disrespected when moving forward in the interview process.

Client Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Calamos Investments (Naperville, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Background and sales-geared questions. Sitting with incumbent holder of position. If you pass initial phone call screening and 1:1 sit-down with manager, you get to do a mock sales call.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Calamos Investments (Naperville, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview was very easy going, I met with HR over the phone for an interview and she set up an in person interview two of the manager. Each interview lasted 30 mins or so. Manager was very personable which was pleasant. Some behavioral questions etc.

Interview Questions

• How well do you deal with stress? How do you deal with adversity? etc What do you know about the company? etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straight forward process. I accepted immediately upon offer.

Operations Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Calamos Investments (Naperville, IL).

Interview

Hiring process was very straight forward. Applied through company website. Met with HR, senior staff members. Behavior interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you do outside of your work, family life? This was a bit out of the normal process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation at all, I asked for a salary within a range. They gave me the number on the higher end of the range.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Calamos Investments in September 2018.

Interview

Follow up after a friend who is an employee recommended me (employee referral) Starts with a personality test online. Friendly and accommodating HR. Interviewed by manager and a number of colleagues mostly one on one, a few together

IT Internship Interview

Interview

Applied online. They contacted me about a month later to schedule an in person interview. During the interview I first was greeted by an HR rep then sat in an conference room and waited to be interviewed by who I would imagine would be my first contact or boss for the duration of the internship. Very nice people, basic behavioral questions such as how to deal with problems, what you do in your free time, ever deal with irate customers.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult problem I ever had to solve.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Contacted me and held a phone interview. Notified me a few weeks later that I had a campus visit with interviews. A few weeks later they sent me an offer.

Internal Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Calamos Investments (Naperville, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

Horrible. Manager was unprofessional and on his high horse. I'm glad it didn't work out because I couldn't see myself working there every day all day. HR process was fine and seemed to go smooth.