Caleres Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Order Management Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Caleres (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2017.

Interview

I was emailed 2 weeks following my application, letting me know I had made it through to the next phase of the interview process (virtual interview). They gave me 5 days to complete this interview, which was nice because I could do it at a time that worked best for me. This interview consisted of 5 short answer questions and a few multiple choice questions at the end (but I did not know that ahead of time). TAKE THE PRACTICE TEST! I also highly recommend coming up with a list of possible interview questions so that you can be as prepared as possible, because this type of interview was way more nerve-wracking for me than an in-person interview. Had I not done this, I am confident I would have done terribly because the questions are all timed. You get 30 seconds to prepare once you've been presented with the question, and then it will automatically begin recording. The answers were also timed, generally only allotted 2-3 minutes for each question, and you only get one attempt for each question.

I submitted this interview on a Saturday evening and received an email the following Wednesday asking me to come in for a scheduled in-person group interview that next week. I was even more nervous about the group interview than the virtual interview, so I did a lot of preparation for this one as well. However, when I arrived for that interview, I ended up being the only candidate being interviewed at that time. I had two interviews that day, one was with two employees who had previously worked in the same position I was applying for, and the other was with the talent management specialist who had first emailed me regarding the interviews. I was interviewed for a total of about 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about Caleres and why you would like to work here.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Caleres.

Interview

app online, people answers

Anonymous Employee in Colby, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Caleres (Colby, KS).

Interview

Very easy interview process.

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Caleres (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2013.

Interview

Online application then you also have to take a basic math and reading test. I didn't even finish the whole thing but I got a phone call the next day so I must have passed!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Give me an example of bad/good customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pikeland, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Caleres (Pikeland, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Had two different interviews. The first was a basic interview, the second more detailed with the store manager I would be assisting. Went over job responsibilities and what the daily job would be. Got to know my future boss and future responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Was asked different scenarios regarding customers and part time associates.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caleres.

Interview

Called for interview. Talked about education and when I was going back to school. Asked some questions about how to handle certain situations and job experience and got the job offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caleres (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2010.

Interview

Mostly general HR questions. Your typical two strengths and two weaknesses. Also one question regarding databases and SQL.

Interview Questions

• IF you enter three items in a database and there is an error with one how do you go about fixing the problem?   1 Answer

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caleres (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

I was first interviewed by Talent/HR then interviewed by Elyse Brisko. Both women were lovely to talk with and laid back. Elyse gave more description as far as the day to day. Taryn, HR, spoke more about logistics and about the company itself. The interview was not stressful at all, I felt more at home than anything.

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle conflict?   1 Answer

Caleres Response

Apr 6, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your interview and applicant experience with us. We are always looking for ways to improve our applicant experience. Our goal is for every candidate to have a great impression... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Caleres (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

brief and easy. i did a project but he barely looked at it. cares very much about appearance and style - he asked where i bought everything i was wearing. he called a few other people into the room when i was interviewing and started asking them questions about random stuff. very informal.

Interview Questions

• he asked me was 3+4 is. i thought it was a trick question...but it wasn't. also asked what 10% of 1,000 is. thought i was accidentally in an interview to be a 5th grade math teacher...until he asked who my favorite designer is.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Caleres (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process is intimidating but manageable. The office is full of really pretty girls but everyone is very nice and welcoming. You usually meet with the head of the department you're applying for and then Sam will come in later and 'read' you to see if you fit the standard. He is very nice (intimidating) but nice. He will make sure you know fashion.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Caleres (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was all done digitally through a set of video recordings. The process too a total of 15 minutes-- questions were timed and your answer had to get straight to the point between one and three minutes. Be sure to know extensively what you know about the company, what you like about it, and why you want to work for them.