Caleres Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caleres Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.4

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Caleres.

Interview

This was an online video interview set-up after a pre-screening process was completed. It was a bit awkward because you couldn't read a person to see how you are progressing and when you should stop stop. Be extremely prepared for this interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about Caleres and why you want to work here?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caleres.

Interview

Applied through school recruiting portal, offered first round interview through a digital interviewing platform. Final round interview offered about 6 weeks later. 2 rounds - 1 with an HR manager and the other with two department managers.

Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Caleres (New York, NY).

Interview

Had no human contact throughout the process. I applied online, 2 months later I received an to have a video interview. A series of questions are asked and you have less than a minute to answer. About a day later, I was emailed a math/management/ethical scenario test I needed to complete in 24 hours. This lasted for about 40mins. No communication ever after that.

Interview Questions

• History of the brand, manangement, and math questions   1 Answer

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caleres (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

I was first interviewed by Talent/HR then interviewed by Elyse Brisko. Both women were lovely to talk with and laid back. Elyse gave more description as far as the day to day. Taryn, HR, spoke more about logistics and about the company itself. The interview was not stressful at all, I felt more at home than anything.

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle conflict?   1 Answer

Apr 6, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your interview and applicant experience with us. We are always looking for ways to improve our applicant experience. Our goal is for every candidate to have a great impression... More

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Caleres (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

I had interview for about 1hr, I thought the guy who interviewed me wants me to start the job right away because there was no technical interview, he spent the whole hour talking about himself how he became a amanger.

Interview Questions

• Well, the manager who interviewed me spent 45min talking about himself and how he became a manager, 10min about the company and what kind of job I am expected to do, 3min asked couple technical questions.

at the end of the interview I asked him don't want you to know what kind of work I do now at my current job? I believe that pissed him off cause he forgot about it and spent the whole interview talking about himself.   Answer Question

Apr 6, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

We are disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience interviewing with our company. Be assured we will look into this and provide additional training on proper interviewing where necessary... More

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Caleres (Syracuse, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

When I went in it was very informal, the manager was very nice but was direct with what was to be expected of me, and what I was sure to expect, I was hired for back to school, which is the busiest season ever for shoe stores.

Interview Questions

• What accomplishment am I most proud of   1 Answer

Apr 6, 2017 – Director

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the interview process with us. It sounds like you actually interviewed for one of our Famous Footwear or Naturalizer stores and we'd love for you to share your... More

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Caleres (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Had a face to face interview went well over an hour or so didn't hear anything they called about two weeks later offered me an assistant manager position I accepted then a week later got an email saying that I had discrepancies in my application and they were rescinding my offer!!!?

Interview Questions

• How will you prevent theft we have major theft issues in our locations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made an offer then rescinded on it with no explanation. I think this worked out for the best because I don't want to work for a company that doesn't own up to what they do.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caleres (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Very easy and after interview next day was offered job. I applied online then after a few weeks I got a call for an interview. It was about 30 minutes then next day I got offered a job.

Order Management Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caleres (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

The first opportunity to interview was digital. The advantage to a digital interview is being able to choose the best time (within a week) to do the interview. I did it on my computer with a webcam and was really glad they gave me the option to practice some questions first! I did not like that it felt very ackward talking to the screen and seeing myself. Perhaps I am old fashioned and prefer to see who I am speaking to as well as their reaction to my answer.

The second interview was very uncomfortable. I was told I would be interviewed by a panel of five managers, but I was really caught off guard when I arrived and saw five other interviewees were being ushered into the interview alongside me. Although the senior manager expressed it was their intent to make it as comfortable as possible for everyone, it was highly competitive and not at all what I expected. We were all given the opportunity to quickly introduce ourselves and experience then we had two questions pertaining to how we handled difficult situations. After that we all left the room, then they brought us back in one by one so we could ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to tell a customer bad news and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Caleres (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviews were set up with key members of management who were taking part in the hiring decision. The process allowed me to get a good sense of the role responsibilities, the team I would be working with and for, and the company expectations. The process took a reasonable amount of time. The company is thorough when looking for good talent.

Interview Questions

• The assessment I had to take was very robust taking you through several different types of tests.
      The questions asked were fair and relevant to the role I was interviewing for.   Answer Question