CallFire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CallFire Interview Questions

Interviews at CallFire

4.0

Marketing Interview

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick, took about three weeks total starting with the phone and in-person meeting. Overall each co-worker I've met with were great to engage with and the team seems very close, which is great huge plus in any company culture. My experience was very positive.

Senior PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CallFire (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

It was a pretty ridiculous process.
    Entire process took well over a month.

Applied then scheduled an initial screening with the hr. Went well so scheduled a video interview with a Senior Developer. Lot of questions and an algorithm question. Although I am not very good with algorithm questions I happen to figure it out so did that too. Lasted an hour.

After a week I was scheduled another video interview this time with a Senior Developer in Ukraine. Close to 40 questions technical questions all about PHP, if you good at PHP you should be fine could be tricky at times. This one lasted 1:30.

I felt like I did pretty good so yes I guess got an email requesting an on-site interview. Great I thought at first then when I saw the email; I was like whaaat... it will be 5 hours long (1 hour break). All in all I was going to see 8 people, all engineers and managers. I thought I passed the Technical part of the process and it was going to be for cultural fit etc. but no it was very very Technical. Every person that came in have a printed out papers with questions on them. I was pretty annoyed with this. After the first 4, I was supposed to get a break but nooo. I was put in the CTO’s office. And talked with him for an hour. They will buy you lunch but won’t give you any time to eat. I was able to eat half the sandwich in 5 min before they put me in his office. Anyhow after I went back to the interview room and meet with 4 other engineers 2 at a time. After a lot of question, last one was another brain-teaser/algorithm question. I was pretty angry and annoyed at this point. I was hungry, tired and pretty pissed off. All I wanted was to go home.

Managers seems to have attitude by the way, they won’t smile much.

I really don’t think who they think they are; google fb tweet?? They will buy you lunch but won’t give you anytime to eat. You won’t be given a 5 min down time.
    I took a time off from work to be there so I lost one vacation day, I took two extended lunch breaks to talk to them for the video interviews. All in all I probably spent 2 days for absolutely nothing.

I didn’t follow up with them after because I really didn’t care. Since I am pretty easy to read, towards the end they probably saw it in my eyes.

Interview Questions

• Seriously so many questions I was asked and now can’t remember. But one of them was something about finding the sum of numbers in an array   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CallFire (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Initially, had a great time interviewing with the recruiter, hiring manager, and laterals over a number of calls/visits.

However, during my interview with the co-founder, he was consistently texting while I was trying to engage with him and answer his questions. He also asked about my experience with demand generation, which was a interesting wrench and not anything in the job description, nor that the recruiter or hiring manager had talked about, so they might want to uniform and align their search intent. Most disappointing was when the co-founder talked about his exit strategy for the startup – nothing like that to motivate potential newhires.

The next week, the hiring manager emailed that they'd get back to me the following week after they finished up other interviews. One month later, after no communication, I decided it was not the best fit for me and wished them the best.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of our conversion funnel and how would you address issues?   1 Answer

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CallFire (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a long process; taking place over the course of a month. I lived in the Los Angeles area, so your mileage may vary. In hindsight, the process was so long because CallFire is tedious in finding both a candidate that is qualified and a candidate that fits into the company's culture.

I had an initial phone screen which was more of HR pitching the company to me. They were more excited to talk to me than I was to talk to them. I then came in for a short 30-45 minute in-person interview by a group. It was largely comprised of tech questions with culture and career question preceding.

The following week I had a 1-on-1 phone interview with someone unable to be in the area at the time. This was a more open interview about tech in general.

My last set of interviews were with various people in senior management. I received the most interesting interview exercises I have ever been posed in these interviews; I cannot sum them up any better than that.

Overall, the interviews themselves became progressively open-ended. They want you to talk, they want to see that you are thinking, and they are not scared to call your BS. CalllFire has two main things they look for in new employees: culture fit and potential. They want to get to know you, and they want to know that you can grow as opposed to stagnating after knowing everything upon arrival.

Know the fundamentals, be open, be creative, be ready to talk, and your interviews will go well.

Interview Questions

• Why do we use DNS?   1 Answer
    • How does the traceroute command work?   1 Answer
    • Describe a recent project. What problem did it solve? What problems did you run into? How did you   Answer Question
    • Pitch a technology that the company should use.   Answer Question

NOC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CallFire.

Interview

A quick chat with the recruiter over a cup of coffee, and then the nightmare begins :)
    Technical interview, carried out by the people you will work with. A lot of questions, that require in-depth knowledge, both of theory and practice. Though, the athmosphere is fun and friendly. And then joins the department head with a couple of more architecture-oriented questions.
    Don't be afraid of saying plainly that you don't know something or don't remember, but if you are really good at something - don't keep it secret either.
    Overall the interview in my case was exhausting (actually, I had three of them in one go), but very fun and friendly.