Cambridge Educational Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Educational Services Interview Questions

Interviews at Cambridge Educational Services

2.7

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Educational Services.

Interview

I talked with a recruiter at my school's career fair. From there he set me up with an interview with the company president. The interview was very different from what I expected. It took place early in the morning over Zoom. I arrived 10 minutes early to the interview, but the interviewer was 7 or so minutes late from our set time. He is the CEO of the company, so I came in ready to be tested and challenged. But right away he had a very relaxed demeanor, still professional, but not scrutinizing me too harshly. The interview was very conversational.

Interview Questions

• He asked me specific questions about my specific work and extracurricular experiences on my resume. After that, we talked shop: The current situation the pandemic has put certain employees in, the options of working remotely, my work availability.   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Application

Interview

I applied through a career fair. The interview took about 2 hours, includes a grammar test and a writing test. They required ACT score, transcripts, and 3 writing samples.

Application

Interview

Very strait forward, no surprises. The person interviewing me gave me a lengthy overview and history of the company before asking me questions about my grades and ACT score.

Proofreader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Educational Services (Des Plaines, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process took approximately 2 hours.

When I walked into their office in Des Plaines, IL, I was greeted warmly by the employees and was told to wait briefly in their dining area, and they also offered bottled water. The office itself was quiet, but my interview was scheduled in the morning.

The first part of the interview consisted of a 15 minute proofreading test. I was placed in a smaller office and was provided a pencil and the test itself. Essentially, I proofread a mock letter that would be addressed to potential clients of the company. Some mistakes were quite obvious, but otherwise were more nuanced (e.g. incorrect address). I used the entire time to make sure everything was addressed.

The second part of the interview consisted of a 45 minute essay. They provided me with a laptop, warned me that the system would not mark if I had any grammar errors or misspelled words, and allowed me to time myself on my phone. The prompt was in regards to the responsibilities of public schools, and they did require that knowledge was pulled from readings, personal knowledge, and so forth (with proper citations as need be). I used all the time to create an outline mentally, type the essay, and finally use the last 5 minutes to reread the whole essay aloud to ensure it logically made sense.

The third part of the interview consisted of an actual 1:1 interview with another employee. Standard questions were asked (e.g. "Tell me about why you're interested in Cambridge Educational" or "Tell me about your relevant experience"). It felt very conversational, which I appreciated, yet the person interviewing seemed genuinely interested in me as a person.

When I was allowed time to ask questions, I did ask as to how the company addressed the negative reviews aimed toward the company. They stated that the company has changed in its practices and has developed for the better as compared to when those reviews were posted. Since I have not been offered a position at the time of this post, I cannot speak to whether or not this is true, but my experience in the office itself was positive. The employees I interacted with were amicable, easygoing, and open to talk about their experiences within Cambridge Educational.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficulty you experienced recently and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Educational Services (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I came in for an interview and also had to complete an edit test and do a writing sample for about an hour before I spoke with a senior manager. He was very positive and I really enjoyed the experience. After following up, I did not hear back for 3 months and though I was called back for a second interview, I had already had to commit to another internship.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Educational Services (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The internship was many parts including an essay, interview, grammar analysis, and meeting with the CEO. Overall, the interviewer was very kind but the office felt empty and the CEO seemed to have a negative relationship with his employees. During our meeting, the CEO made a personal phone call before addressing me. Very weird experience.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Educational Services (Des Plaines, IL).

Interview

You will have a brief phone interview, then be required to fill an application and submit your college/university transcripts (normal) as well as ACT/SAT test scores (strange). When you come in for your 3+ hour interview you will enter the office and have zero idea where to go. Eventually someone will see you, but there's no HR person or HR department. During your interview you will likely meet with 2 executive, the CEO, and someone with experience in the position you're applying for. Everyone speaks so highly of the company it's strange. The CEO will be running late, forcing you to wait a long time. During the interview with him, he will be in a meeting with employees, working on emails, or on the phone. It is incredibly awkward and uncomfortable. He stares at you and makes you feel uncomfortable if you are a woman. It's highly unprofessional, and he attempted to FaceTime me to see what I looked like before I even came to the office. He also made an ethic comment. You will also take several tests that will take up most of your time.

Intern Interview

Interview

Unnecessarily long. I'm not kidding, it was a couple of hours. Met with CEO who is just not great with people in general. Everyone else was super nice and helpful.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cambridge Educational Services (Des Plaines, IL).

Interview

It started off really well with talking to the head of sales, he was a very nice guy. They then had me take an editing skills test. Lastly, they wanted me to speak to the CEO. This is the point where it all went pretty badly. I was ushered into his office where he was yelling at his workers, at which point he told me to sit down, as he continued to yell at them. This sort of behavior continued throughout the interview. Overall, he displayed a particularly uneducated, disrespectful, and rude demeanor.

Interview Questions

• They asked where I saw myself best fit into the company.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed. It was with the boss of the company and I feel as if he already decided he wanted to hire me before even speaking to me. In turn, he mostly questioned about what I would want to do at the company. The interview questions weren't difficult and I did get the position.