Cardinal Financial Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cardinal Financial Company

2.4

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company (Scottsdale, AZ) in December 2019.

Interview

One phone interview with the HR personnel, Quickly called in for a face-to-face interview where I came in and was Saturday computer to take the Wunderlich test, then into a room with 2 managers for interviews. About three days later I did a final phone interview with her national trainer.

Interview Questions

• There wasn’t really any questions about where do you see yourself in five years or anything like. The main questions were why do you want to be a loan officer, what motivates you And a question that came up several times during the interview is how you deal with stress, and rejection.   1 Answer

Interview

Process took a week. Got a call from recruiter, did the interview the next day. Got offer letter day after. Started that following Monday after background cleared. Quick easy and simple.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a phone interview. Interviewer felt more like a salesperson than an HR rep: he was really aggressive, kept using my first name like he was reading a sales pitch about the company and trying to talk me in to the position, which was unnecessary since I had already applied for it. He made derogatory comments about software engineers (he told me, "You wouldn't believe this, but software engineers are socially awkward."), which made me dislike him right away. Is offending potential employees right away a good hiring tactic? Honestly, I didn't want to work for this company after this phone interview as the HR person was so rude and derogatory that I would imagine full time employment here would be a negative experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for this company, tell me about your experience, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company (New York, NY) in July 2019.

Interview

3 interviews and a take coding demo project but moved along pretty quickly.

1. Phone call with Recruiter about the company and brief overview of your resume
    2. Video conference with CTO. More in depth talk about expirence and technologies you have used as well as projects you have done. Also talk about the software they build.
    3. Coding demo. No hard deadline but should only take a couple hours of coding. Making a CLI app from scratch in java with tests.
    4. Meeting with other team members. Just a 30 min video call with some of the people you will be working with. No hiring manager or CTO included. They will probably ask questions about your code and just about you as a person to make sure you fit in.

After that I got an offer a day later. The whole process took about 2.5 weeks and I took a full week to do the coding demo.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company (New York, NY).

Interview

An internal recruiter reached out to me and scheduled a 30 minute phone screen with me. I told him a little bit about myself, but the call mostly consisted of his fanatical ravings about the company and it's founders. At the end of the call he asked to schedule a second call a few days later. The second call was more of the same, but he was able to field a lot of my questions about the position. At the end he said he'd chat with the CTO about me and that I'd hear from him about scheduling a technical interview within a couple of weeks. I followed up with him after 2 weeks and he said he'd have feedback for me early the following week. I emailed him at the end of that week and never heard from him again.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company in March 2019.

Interview

Applied for position on a Thursday.Got a phone call from a recruiter that following Monday.Went to interview the same week, very laid back interview straight forward. Got a offer that next Tuesday afternoon. Walked out feeling real positive.
    Glad to be part of such an awesome company

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a great fit for Cardinal?
      Strengths & Weakness.   Answer Question

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company (Long Beach, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

the worst interview ever, the manager was late, I waited for hours, finally came in, below sub par pay rates, and super high consumer rates. I wish I would have never met him.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company.

Interview

Standard interview process. First a phone interview, then three individual interviews with people relevant to the position. Overall a positive experience. They did a good job answering my questions and were very up front about the potential negatives of the position.

Associate Loan Originator Interview

Interview

Sat down with an extremely unpleasant woman who berated me basically from the start of the interview. She told me that I did not have enough sales experience because I hadn't worked at a call center before. Sarcastically asked me "do you even know what this job is? This is a call center". Also mocked me saying, "you've done nothing during this interview to sell yourself to me" when she had done the exact opposite of selling the company to me. She then explained that when hired, associate lenders spend several months making several hundred calls a day in a call center before they even begin training and the licensing process. Compensation during that time is next to nothing and even once you are licensed it is not great. Did not even care enough about the position after this awful interview to take a call from them. If you have any self respect at all DO NOT EVEN INTERVIEW WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Interview Questions

• "Do you even know what this job is? This is a call center!"   1 Answer

MOrtgage Loan Originator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

1 on 1 phone interview was the most down conversation I’ve ever had with a recruiter. None of that hogwash corporatey feel. It was raw. And then we rolled into what I was looking for abc what my history was. Travis is the man!

Then I waited for the in house interview. They do a wanderlic test before the interview Longest one I’ve had but then we proceeded into shadowing and I got an offer within a week because some people were on vacation. Great people great atmosphere excellent pay structure