Cardinal Financial Company Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 40 of over 40 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cardinal Financial Company

Cardinal Financial Company

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company

Interview

Recruiter reaches out for an initial screening thru other source. 2nd interview was with department head. Interesting conversation would be the better phrase as at times, it went off topic. They will provide update whether they are moving forward or not.

Interview Questions
  • Past experience relevant to the job
    Answer Question

Cardinal Financial Company

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company in Apr 2021

Interview

The first interview was with the recruiter and then with senior designer. Both of them were super nice and I enjoyed our conversation. Later on when I was given a design challenge I was quite upset seeing that this challenge was about their own product. This is an unethical approach asking someone to do a work for you for free. The instructions were not in place. For example, they asked to use their colors but no HEX code was provided, the same with the grid system. After all, I did not receive any feedback either, only an email from recruiter that they're moving on with other candidates. I wish them good luck and hope they never ask another candidate to design their own product and instead come up with a challenge that will show their talent and knowledge.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company (New York, NY) in Mar 2021

Interview

Applied through a recruiter, a few days latter a group meeting with managers from Cardinal Financial Company's tech team. The recruiter was very nice but the group meeting, easy, but they came off rude. There were two people. The guy was quite didn't really ask anything but had a comment "don't have to keep thing of more questions", kind of telling me he's not interested in answering. Although, the lady was fine answering any questions and did most of the talking on their side, but was snappy with her reply's in a rude way, came off weirdly defensive. Wasn't interested after that.

Interview Questions
  • They have you start off asking the typical "Tell us something about yourself?", followed your education, job history, top skills (non-technical), any remote work, why here, and the work flow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company (New York, NY) in Feb 2021

Interview

It went well. All employees I talked with were extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Cardinal has an impressive overall package and has a great culture. I have friends here who absolutely love this company.

Interview Questions
  • Work history, certifications, specific Underwriter experience

Cardinal Financial Company

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company in Feb 2021

Interview

I went through a very in-depth interview process. One round with the recruiter, one with the hiring manager and a third which was a round-robin were I needed to prepare a presentation. After the presentation, I touched base with the Recruiter, and was told he would be in touch. After two weeks, I reached back out to him for a follow up. He never replied to me - completely ghosted. I find this very unprofessional, and rude.

Interview Questions
  • Basic L&D Questions - what systems do you use? vILT experience vs iLT.

Cardinal Financial Company

Application

I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company

Interview

Phone call from recruiter and then set up video conference call with members of hiring team. Interview was a mix of behavior and technical questions, but nothing specific technically. After the interview they sent a programming demo test for you to complete and submit a solution for. The spec wasn't anything too crazy to figure out. After submission got a response pretty soon after they would not be moving forward based on the code review. It would have been nice for them to provide more specific feedback on what they didn't like about the code instead of just saying they weren't moving forward. I felt the solution submitted was pretty good and would have liked at least some explanation on why it was rejected. After all, I spent a fair amount of time on it and a little feedback shouldn't have been too much to ask. My feeling regarding what they said in the interview about how nit picky they are about code reviews on their team, coupled with denying what was in all honesty an acceptable solution to their programming test, makes me think this may be a blessing in disguise.

Interview Questions
  • Develop an application based on sheet of requirements that test various familiarity with Java programming. Use of collections, libraries, service layers, JUnit tests.

Cardinal Financial Company

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company

Interview

Was reached out to by a recruiter. Had an interview with hiring manager, then never heard back. Fast Forward, was reached out to by the same recruiter for a different role. Moved around my personal schedule to ensure I'm available. Never received the call, an email, or any reply from my follow-up attempts.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cardinal Financial Company

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company

Interview

Interview Process was the normal process like most jobs, you have to interview twice. It was over the phone, both interviews, took right at an hour. Both parties, I interviewed were very nice.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company (Phoenix, AZ) in Oct 2020

Interview

The interviewer was late to the interview. She was extremely inexperienced. She was completely disorganized, and didn't ask me question relative to the position. As a loan officer, I am supposed to be organized, and having to deal with such a dysfunctional interviewer shows that the company is not organized itself. It's trash. I'm a Veleber that interview should have been handled by someone who's serious about their job. The interview difficulty is not applicable. It was a waste of time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company (Phoenix, AZ) in Jan 2020

Interview

Applied on Indeed and was contacted by a recruiter 3 days later. Interviewed with a team lead, and then with a senior manager. Very relaxed conversations, asked about why I want to work there, how I respond to stress, etc. Offered a position two days later.

Interview Questions
  • Why Cardinal? Why the mortgage business?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 40 Interviews