Cardinal Financial Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cardinal Financial Company Interview Questions

Interviews at Cardinal Financial Company

2.4

Sort:

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company in June 2013.

Interview

Spoke to a manager from a personal referral. Set up an interview time and date. Met with 2 managers, discussed to job, the company the outlook of the company. Spoke to the manager one more time, spoke to HR about beneifits, received an offer. Al very smooth

Negotiation

based on past income

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company.

Interview

Very unorganized, bounced around to different people that all had different things to say about the position. There seemed to be a lack of organized training for new associates. Just throw them in and sink or swim.

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company (Irving, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. She sent my resume to the company Recruiter who reached out to me by phone to set up an interview. Once I showed up for the interview, they required me to take the Wonderlic Test. Once you pass that, I met with the V.P. for a sit down informal interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions to figure out what you bring to the company and what the company will do for you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company (Chandler, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with a few of the upper management for the interview. I was asked to take a quick aptitude test before the interview. Unfortunately the usual station wasn't working so I had to use a persons computer that was at lunch, which meant that I was in a loud environment. Nevertheless, it went fine and I proceeded to meet with the VP.

The interview went well and it seemed like it could be a good fit, but the company was in the middle of changing locations a week after my interview. I met with three different people, all of which seemed to think it would be a great fit. I sat with one of their best performers to get a feel for what the job would entail. Everything seemed pretty good and I thought it could be a good fit.

There were a few things that I could see as potential issues for some people. The first concern a person may have is the length of time it takes to start earning money. Between the licensing process and training they told me to brace for about six months with little income. That could be an issue for some people, but it wasn't for me since I am accustomed to commission only positions. The second challenge I could see at some point down the road is rising interest rates. Over the course of the last few decades rates have mainly gone in one direction. That is great for a company like this because they explained to me that the majority of their business is from refinancing. I still feel that is something a good performer can overcomer. The one thing I didn't feel good about is the fact that I was told that during a temporary rate rise, the pay scale was changed for the salespeople. I find it hard to plot out a career in which your money can change due to minor rate rises. I expect that your income can change based on economic circumstances, however, changing pay scales have not been good in my sales experience.

Other than the one concern about the changing pay scale, I could see this being a very good career for a hungry and competent sales person. All three of the gentlemen I met with thought that I would "kill it," in a good way, and wanted to get me back in to start sitting with someone and get the licensing process started. They told me they would call me in the next few days when they had a better idea of when the move was going to be completed. I never heard back from them after that. I'm not sure if they had changes or if they just decided to go another direction. I haven't been in an interview in which I was told so many times how good they think I would do at this business without hearing back from someone. I believe something fell through the cracks during the move, but maybe they found someone they felt was a better fit.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked questions regarding my sales background. They also wanted to gauge how comfortable and experienced I was with commission heavy positions.   1 Answer

MOrtgage Loan Originator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

1 on 1 phone interview was the most down conversation I’ve ever had with a recruiter. None of that hogwash corporatey feel. It was raw. And then we rolled into what I was looking for abc what my history was. Travis is the man!

Then I waited for the in house interview. They do a wanderlic test before the interview Longest one I’ve had but then we proceeded into shadowing and I got an offer within a week because some people were on vacation. Great people great atmosphere excellent pay structure

MOrtgage Loan Originator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company (Irving, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I sent my resume to a friend who was already working at Cardinal, he gave it to the VP of Operations for Irving, TX and they set me up for an interview right after that.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing about your work environment   1 Answer

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company (Fort Washington, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very Casual. Over the phone. Never saw anyone in person. I never was offered the job verbally. Didn't know it was coming and then one day I received an offer letter via email. Very weird.

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Great interview and very straight to the point regarding the expectations of the job. I spoke able to speak with current employees and management. This is the new Texas office.

Loan Officer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company in May 2017.

Interview

All done over the phone with my direct manager and vice president. They mainly want to make sure you are a culture match with the proper background to be successful.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sebonic? Tell me about your self.   1 Answer

Loan Originator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company (Charlotte, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

They actually try to make you earn the position and weed out bad candidates. They ask good general sales questions and really make you sell them on the position.