Carl's Jr Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carl's Jr Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

1.6

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Carl's Jr.

Interview

Extremely intense excel test. Friendly people, nice office, but role directed around data management and they require you to take an excel test to prove it. The test lasts an hour but has only 3 or so questions. Must know excel to the extent of processing mass amounts of data!

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

The hiring process was about just a little couple facts about yourself and why you want to work with them and what brings you to this place things like that . They also want to know why yo I want to work there I just said I needed a job for myself to get work experience so I got it and they took me in.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was great enthusiastic , made me want to be hired, and also he explained very well of how the work environment was and everything, and also made me feel very comfortable during the interview .

Interview Questions

• Am I able to be a leader ?, or do in haw to stop something if its a problem in the restaurant.,   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Ontario, CA).

Interview

I applied in May 2016, then after hearing nothing called them in August 2016 and she told me to come in for an interview two days later. Once i got there, she told me to sit somewhere in the back so i did and i waited about 10 minutes before she came over. She asked the questions stated below and said she liked my smile for the job. I smiled throughout the whole interview and just played it off like i wasnt nervous at all. I told her it would be my first job and then we talked about my scheduling and that i took the bus so she told me to talk with my brother about if i could work late since im only 16 and she doesnt want it to be a problem. It was a really nice relaxed interview and i didnt actually feel nervous for once lol.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Monterey Park, CA).

Interview

Got there early, there were other interviewees. The interviewer didn't see us and was gone for like 20 minutes. When she finally saw us, it was 1 on 1 interview. During mine she asked what my availability was, room for improvement, strength weaknesses, all the good good. She said she'd call everyone in the next week to let them know and she never called.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carl's Jr.

Interview

I got there, prepared for my interview and when the hiring manager spoke to me, he didn't even ask any questions. We sat down and he just told me that I was hired. He told me about the training process and the next steps I had to take. It went very smooth.

Anonymous Employee in Hemet, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Hemet, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was easy and fast. They are always in need of people. As long as you are sincere and polite, you'll more than likely get the job. Your first day will consist of a 3-4 hour skillshift workshop. (All on a computer)

Interview Questions

• Days you're available   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a good experience at a restaurant and a bad experience at a restaurant. Compare them   Answer Question
    • How long do you plan on being employed here? (I am a student so I answered as long as I'm in college. 2 years)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Harbor City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Harbor City, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I expected the interview to be longer, honestly. I was asked if I had any serving or food prep/cooking experience. I was also asked about my schedule availability, and if I was attending school currently or would be in the future. I was told by the store manager that she did not think that the employees that she had currently hired were ready for Shift Leader or supervisor-type positions, and I was also told that there was room for advancement. I was also told that I would have to get a food handler's certificate in the near future (during the onboarding process) in order to actually work with food.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had experience with using a cash register (cashiering and money handling in general).   1 Answer
    • I was asked if I had a current food handler's certificate.   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Sacramento, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Insanely easy asked me if I could work certain hours and then hired me. My boss asked if I had ever worked before and I said no and he said that fine so and it meant I didn't have any bad habits.

Interview Questions

• Can you work from 4-10 every weekend?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (San Bernardino, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Had an interview at 12:00pm and It was really busy so the interview didn't start until 1:00, very quick no less than 5 minutes. Asked only a couple questions and said they would call within two days.