Carpenter Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carpenter Technology Interview Questions

2.8

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wyomissing, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Carpenter Technology (Wyomissing, PA).

Interview

Had an on the spot phone interview. Asked very basis easy questions about my college and why I chose accounting. Then the following week had an in person interview with 4 people. Very nice interviewers. Asked more resume questions and questions about volunteer work.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick accounting? Why did you pick your college? A lot of questions about your resume.   Answer Question

Metallurgist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Carpenter Technology (Reading, PA).

Interview

The hiring and interviewing process was very professional and friendly. It took a couple of months to coordinate the interview because of my scheduling constraints and my being out of state. I interviewed onsite with seven people as were available that day--various managers, a peer, HR, and a VP. They asked and answered questions and gave a great overview of the work and environment. It did not take long to get an offer after the interview in this case, and the hiring process went very smoothly.

Production Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Carpenter Technology.

Interview

Pretty boring, normal interviews, had phone interviews and then sit down it was an average experience .... Seemed a bit un organized in my interview day. Interviewed with 4 people in one day and had 3 phone interviews took a few weeks to do all phone interviews

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carpenter Technology (Reading, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process was fairly straightforward. It was a a mix of about 5-6 people all within a 3-4 hour period. Everyone was very professional and it was a relaxed environment.

Interview Questions

• The usual, what made you choose us, previous employment, strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Interview

applied through school system, and heard a response promptly. Interacted first with company HR, then later interviewed with engineering. was a positive experience. After being hired, received a letter that adjusted my wage to reflect the average wage of comparable jobs in the area, which increased the initial offer. The process was smooth throughout with good correspondence.

Remelt Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carpenter Technology.

Interview

Fast Interviewing and slow decision making still waiting for them to make decision and its been over forty five days. They do have a history of doing this I think as well. Communication is very sketchy through out the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself during a incedent at workl.   1 Answer

Interview

phone interview followed by in-house interview. pretty basic questions.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carpenter Technology (Reading, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Informal group based interview, went over school experience, leadership, hands on experience. Interview lasted approximately 45 minutes. The interviews kept the atmosphere light and comical. In person interview was scheduled only after completing the basic phone interview.

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carpenter Technology (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview with Corporate & 2 in person meetings. Very easy, no hard questions. The in person meetings were with actual managers at the specified location. They were interested in skill sets that you could bring to the company.

Financial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Carpenter Technology (Washington, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

It was a phone interview and one onsite interview with the Finance Manager and Finance Executive. The first phone call was with the recruiter describing the job. The second phone call was with the Finance Executive. He mostly talked about his career and history. In person interview was with a human resources assistant, human resources manager , finance manager, and finance executive. The offices these employees are in are very nice, do not be fooled, you will work in a cubicle in a bull pen with about 50 other employees.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. No specific details or technical knowledge needed. I worked with a recruiter so I was properly vetted prior to the interview. It was more about culture fit.   1 Answer
    • Tell me why you want this position.   1 Answer