Carrier iQ Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carrier iQ Interview Questions

2.7

Applications Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carrier iQ (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

It was short and quick, as I was recommended by the person leaving the position. I spoke with the direct manager, of QA, and the VP of Engineering. I worked with the existing staff to take-over the work.

Interview Questions

• How would I be different from the person I was replacing, as she was a previous manager of mine.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a surprise because the person who hired me thought my conversion from contract to full-time would have better terms.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carrier iQ (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Initial screen with management to sell the company followed by two rounds of phone screens (language trivia) with engineering team members one round of shared screen problem solving (actual code) with engineering team member. After that the HR team is brought in to explain benefits and whatnot, followed by a final VP screen for culture fit.

Interview Questions

• Use of the keyword synchronized   1 Answer

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carrier iQ (Mountain View, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Very interesting interview as it began with a take-home exam that had to be submitted the next 1-2 days. It had about 10 questions. Some of the questions were open ended and some others were technical text book type questions. The beauty of the questions were that you couldn't just google search the answers; you had to have real world hands-on experience to answer those questions. If you couldn't answer most of them without help then you know this job is not for you.

Phone interviews consisted on mostly customer engagement type questions - project deployment, management, team interaction and interpersonal skills. Some other questions were about problem solving where I was asked examples of problems that I solved and diffusing tough situations. The phone interview had to be rescheduled a few times as the interviewer didn't have time to conduct the interview :) He was able to call me from the airport one time.

On-site interview was chaotic as the original schedule kept getting shuffled as the interviewers kept getting pulled into meetings and other tasks. The interviewers were quite nice and courteous. They didn't focus much on technical skills but more on my experience. They took me out to lunch and grilled me during the lunch as well.

Originally they didn't give me an offer but 3 months later the offer came.

Interview Questions

• Describe a tough problem and how you solved it.   1 Answer
    • Active Set operations during Idle mode; IRAT handoff message signaling; KPI definitions for Pilot pollution; Statistical analytics etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation wasn't complex as they pay competitively.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Carrier iQ (Mountain View, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Had two phone interviews and one 5 hour group interview. The recruiter told me I was the top candidate after the on-site interview, but they did not give an official offer or rejection. I don't like their fishy style, guess nobody would like this.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Carrier iQ (Littleton, MA) in August 2009.

Interview

First there was a productive ad intelligent conversation with the position manager, who recommended me to the next step. That was followed by a phone interview with a staff member who spoke with an awful unintelligible accent and had a sever cold, so while he was difficult to understand to begin with became virtually impossible with constant coughs and sneerings thrown into every sentence. Technically, he was reasonably knowledgeable, but the conversation did not go well with me having to ask to repeat every question 2-3 times.....

Director, Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carrier iQ (Mountain View, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

Pretty easy-going. Met with four or five people in sequence. Hiring manager interview was more of an open discussion than an interview.

Negotiation

It was difficult to negotiate much on the base salary, so I ended up accepting an offer that was marginally acceptable.