Casa Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Casa Systems

2.9

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Casa Systems in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and scheduled an Phone Interview with Hiring Manager for an hour. Basically questions are from SDN concepts and programming skills. There were few question related with networking concepts.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Interview

The technical interview consists of a onsite interview with a couple engineers, afterwards an interview with the engineering director.

During the face to face interview I saw people overworked and working until late, once I received the offer I understood why, they are short of manpower for good reason, not many people will accept an offer from this company.

Once they consider you technically capable, HR comes in, they ask you for five references along with your last paystub, all of this is mandatory.

They won't contact the five references, for all that is worth I am pretty sure that they just ask for them to increase their network by using you, the only reason why they ask you for your last paystub is to pay you as less as possible to make the change.

The offer consists in a 12 month non-compete agreement, a NDA and the contract. The contract and the non-compete agreement have many restrictive clauses, and some others are outright abusive.

When you read through the offer, you realize that the mindset in this company is similar to the society described in Orwell's 1984 novel: you realize that they do not intend to buy your work or knowledge, but yourself.

They are intellectually dishonest when answering your questions regarding the offer, they basically tell you whatever you want to hear but they will not reflect it on the contract, they just give you a business day to sign the offer. The offer itself is not competitive as they will not give any extra compensation for the non-compete agreement or any of the other clauses.

I have never witnessed a more clear example of dodging a bullet as refusing an offer from this company. I was reluctant to believe the bad opinions about the company in this webpage but I have experienced many of the things described during the process, I am certain that most of the good oppinions here are fake.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work from Monday to Sunday?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Casa Systems (Andover, MA).

Interview

First a phone round, basic questions followed by onsite . Onsite was pretty hard. Be prepared with algorithms, D.S, multithreading, Networking and Network design. Almost all people working in the company are pretty old and have strong knowledge in the field so be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Onsite: Multithreading, Network design questions, Object oriented model, Data Driven approach, Designs   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Casa Systems (Andover, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Discussed with the HM on past experience during phone interview. Lots of technical discussion with 1 engineer, 2 technical managers, and the CTO during on site interview, mainly on domain knowledge, TCP/IP, Ethernet, multithreading (describe a real multithreading project you have worked on). No coding challenge.

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Casa Systems (Andover, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with the Hiring Manager for about 45 minutes, by the end of the call she asked for my availability to come in for an onsite interview at the same week - We scheduled it for 2 days after. During the onsite interview, I met with 5 HR team members and the SVP. The next morning, I received an email to provide them with my last paystub and references. A week later I received a call and an offer letter. Overall the process from applying to receive the offer is about 2 weeks.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Casa Systems (Andover, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview, onsite interview to meet with 3-5 team members (dependent upon role), total interview time is usually no more than 3 hours (which they made sure to advise me of this prior to scheduling) as the company tries to have you meet with everyone during the first onsite interview so you do not have to go back a second time as the company likes to accomedate candidates and their time which I respected. Everyone was very nice and made sure I was taken care of and if I needed a drink, snack, etc.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work from 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM?   1 Answer
    • Describe background and my experience and how my skills will fit with Casa   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to sign a 12 month non-compete agreement, if hired?   1 Answer
    • What are your salary expectations?   Answer Question

Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Casa Systems (Andover, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very long and very antiquated. The Casa hiring team works at a glacial pace won't even speak to you until you've completed an application and resume submission on the website.
    If you make it to the reference stage, Casa will require you to provide at least 4 reference. Casa will not call your references, each will be sent a lengthy questionnaire to fill out. This will be the only accepted way to have your references accepted.

When it comes to salary and salary negotiations, Casa requires proof of current salary and will not budge very much on the offer once it's made.

Interview Questions

• Questions were typical for the position. Not very creative.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Casa Systems.

Interview

The interview process took about 3 weeks. Started off with a HR interview that asked mainly personality questions. The next step was an interview with the hiring manager that asked about my resume.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Casa Systems.

Interview

I have interviewed several companies and this is the worst experience ever. First call from one team leader to ask some basic technical questions related to your Resume and potential job and invited to an On-site Interview. After that, The lack of management about the HR team shows up. I have been asked to same question from different person in HR team in EMAIL. They requested the previous pay stub of you after the on-site interview. The only purpose in my understand is to offer you as low as possible. Then I received an EMAIL to say that we are preparing an offer for but we need more information and material of you. I'v sent what they want and finally received an official refuse letter without any specific reason.

Interview Questions

Casa Systems Response

Dec 11, 2015 – HR Director - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking time to express your interest in employment opportunities with Casa Systems, Inc.

Casa Systems' HR team strives to achieve a positive applicant/candidate experience. Our... More

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Casa Systems (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was phone interview lasting 40 minutes. Ask about some networking protocol like Dhcp, dns, ospf, how to did you configure router and switches, knowledge about CTMS ststem how they work. Some question based on DOCSIS 3.0 and HFC system.etc. Ask about some academic project and troubleshooting. Most of question from resume.