Cash Store Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2018

1.8

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cash Store (Garland, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview was held in the lobby, there were at least 4 other people there for the interview. You could hear the other persons interview. Upon arrival I had to fill out an application. Then I was asked to tell about myself. After that I was given general information about the job. Then I was given a test that was timed. Example of question True or false, Red headed kids are normal, Johnny is redheaded, he is Normal. Answer would be True. You had to make a 25 to pass. It was graded while there. I was told I did way above. While I was there another girl was told she failed. The job only paid 13.50 per hour.

Anonymous Employee in Clovis, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cash Store (Clovis, NM) in February 2010.

Interview

Called to store about application and was told to come in and fill out. After applying they reviewed app and had me take a skills test that was weighted by age of applicant. After taking test I had personal interview and was told to wait while they interviewed a few other applicants. after the others left I was offered the job pending background and credit check.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the Cash Store?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating !!!!

Anonymous Employee in Post Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cash Store (Post Falls, ID).

Interview

You will be contacted and will have an interview with the district manager only. It is likely that they will only interview a few people. The questions are canned and related to basic customer service situations. I believe there were only three questions. Also, you will go over your resume and what you liked and didn't like about your previous jobs. Do not talk smack about your previous jobs. While I was there, the district manager hired a lady because she felt like the interview was more conversational, though I am certain the two had a pre-existing relationship.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cash Store.

Interview

When they call you better be able to come in the same day. They ask a couple of questions about your past, if they like you they tell you that day, if they say they will call you or have other interviews that's means you did not get the job. Don't call the store because the DM is the one who interviews and they wont return your calls at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation no matter what

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cash Store (Waukesha, WI) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and immediately received a phone call setting up an interview. The interview is held in the store at a table that is in the front of the store. Everyone can see and hear you. It is a little distracting because you can also hear everyone as well. The up side of it, is you get to see first hand how the store works. The interview was very common, asking questions about how you have handled difficult situations before and if you like to work by yourself or others and stuff like that. After the interview I was offered the position on the spot. I am in the process of changing careers and I had applied to a lot of places and had other interviews set up, so I asked if I could have a couple of days to think about it. She said that would be ok just let her know by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

The was a change in my availability and I would not have been able to work the hours I was needed for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wausau, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cash Store (Wausau, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied on line and had a call the same day requesting to set up an interview with the District Manager. The interview was held in the lobby of the store which I felt very strange discussing "me" with customers coming in let alone another employee sitting behind the counter.

This is a six day work week and Assistant Store Manager seems to be given to all employees unless you're corporate. It's also mandatory that you go to other locations to fill in (this is not in the posted ad) - needless to say 30 miles one way is not desirable. Yes, they pay mileage however, most people unless they apply for a travel job are a bit stunned by this.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were the standard questions - the except; "where else have you applied?" Didn't really think this was any of their business.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cash Store.

Interview

I applied online after seeing the job on Careerbuilder. I did the application on a Saturday, got a call for an interview 3 days later. I arrived ten minutes early. The DM met me right away and begun my interview at one of the back terminals. The interview was very laid back and quick. Felt more like a conversation regarding my previous experience and how it would tie in. No difficult questions. I was shown pay rates and given store hours. She told me she had more interviews and would call me to let me know in a few days. Two days later I was offered the job contingent on background and credit check. I passed and began training the following week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The pay rates were set. I was happy with the starting salary already because it's much higher than many of the competitors.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cash Store.

Interview

My interview was less than 30 minutes and went over basics. I was offered the job on the spot. I didn't find any of the questions out of the ordinary. My interviewer was interested in whether or not I would be willing to move up with the company as they like to promote from within.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cash Store in May 2011.

Interview

I applied online & got a call back the next day to schedule an interview for the following day. The interview took place in the lobby of The Cash Store. If there'd been customers, the entire interview would've been heard by them. General "getting to know you" scripted questions. Was offered the job immediately, pending a background, driving & credit check ("credit" check is to see if you have an active or past due loan with them. If an active loan, you must pay it off to be hired. If past due, you're disqualified.) Started training the following week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. There is a wage progression plan that come out each September that lays out starting wages, as well as the raises you receive for tenure. Increase every 3 months for the 1st year, every six months for the 2nd year, then yearly thereafter. In September, there is a cost of living increase for all employees.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cash Store (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

The online application process takes a long time. The interview itself is maybe 15-20 mins. Very basic questions. Give customer service related answers, and try to chit chat with the interviewer. That will help you land a job.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position?   1 Answer
    • What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They presented me what my pay would be, what location I would work in, and what my schedule would be. There is no flexibility with those.