KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Catholics for Choice Interview Questions

Updated Jan 6, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 3 interviews

Recruiter33%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Catholics for Choice

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Catholics for Choice (Washington, DC) in Sep 2021

Interview

I applied to the position in September 2021, and the process took about a month. It consisted of a few different rounds: A 5-10 minute phone screen from HR, then a 30-minute interview with the President and HR. Then, I was asked to send along a few writing samples to be paired with a 1-hour interview with the President and the rest of the team this position would manage. The final stage was a one page outline and an in-person (outdoors) meeting with the President and other senior staff. I received an offer later the same day. Overall, I would say that the process was appropriately thorough for a senior staff position. I proceeded with caution into the interview process because what I had heard about Catholics for Choice previously -- it's clear that the new President was willing to address the tough questions and was able to talk through the changes she had made, and what the organization was moving forward with into the future. The ability to speak to folks at all levels of the organization during my interview process gave me the confidence in the shift in office culture to accept the position when it was offered.

Interview Questions
  • What's your management style? How do you plan to uphold our office culture of mutual respect and admiration? What are your thoughts on faith and abortion?
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Catholics for Choice (Washington, DC) in Mar 2019

Interview

Pretty standard, phone screening then a final in person interview. I thought I aced the phone screen and final in person interview as I am very familiar with global reproductive health and policy but didn't get an offer with no explanation why. First was phone screen where you had to show your knowledge of reproductive health and legislation and then 3 weeks later I had a 1:1 interview and was quizzed about Catholicism, abortion rights, etc. I had a good feeling then was emailed 4 days later saying they chose someone else but I never received an answer why. Have heard some dodgy things about management in this place so probably a good thing in the end.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholics for Choice (Washington, DC) in Apr 2018

Interview

It was a standard interview - an in-person meeting for the first (and my only) interview. I met with the hiring manager in a conference room. In all, I spent over an hour in conversation with her, so it was a fairly long and comprehensive interview. I got to ask her questions, including some fairly deep questions about their communications philosophy. I strangely never heard from her again – not even a peep, not even to tell me that, after learning more about me in the interview, I was no longer being considered for the position. I find this baffling but also downright inconsiderate. She was, unfortunately, like many, many other hiring managers and HR staff who are rude to you once you leave the in-person interview and never speak to you again. It’s like they purposely forget you, when you’ve spent an hour or so talking – at their request – about some very personal things in your life, which is the very point of an interview. Forgetting you completely is almost as if to say that providing them with an opportunity to consider you was an imposition on them, like you as the candidate have forced your way in to their day and wasted their time. How do organizations and companies that treat potential employees and supporters/customers like this treat their own employees? I shudder to think about what it’s like to be around people like this all the time.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed