Cato Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cato

2.2

Part Time Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamston, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cato (Williamston, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very long compared to how much I would get paid. It was almost not even worth it. The applications are online but you have to print them off fill them out and bring them to the store. If you do not look a certain way then you will not even get considered for an interview. But if you do get called in for one then the store manager will most likely interview you. Luckily I had a good store manager and the process wnt fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cato (Marietta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Background check, interview easy, they will ask you question about your experience, you will have to work some weekends. They try to fit you with a staff that you will be comfortable with. They tell you of your pay, which has not changed in several years.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Cato?   1 Answer

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cato (Charlotte, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR- standard interview questions. Was called back a few weeks later to come in for an interview. Interviewed with 6 different people... Buyers, VP and SVP. I was there for 3hours. It was rather intense for an entry level position. They offered the position to someone with more experience.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cato in August 2014.

Interview

Absolutely awesome interview. Questions first, then floor test, and then a personality survey. I had a lot of fun! Took a little over an hour! Still waiting to hear back. Part of the floor test was to make two outfits one casual, and one for work/church. Don't forget accessories, including shoes!

Interview Questions

• They pick an article of clothing and tell you to sell it to them.   Answer Question

Jewelry Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cato (Charlotte, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

First I had a video interview as I lived in a different city. Then they flew me to Charlotte for a series of interviews. It was a day of many interviews with people from different areas of the company, including a couple hours with a psychologist.

Interview Questions

• What was Cleopatra's husband's name.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cato in January 2011.

Interview

Everyone will not have the same questions hopefully. I can't give detail description of the interview because I can remember the question or the order they were asked. During any interview, the answer to all questions is honesty. Honesty will take you along way!

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cato (Charlotte, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and heard back within 2 hours from the HR recruiter. Had a phone interview the following week and that ended with making an appointment to come in for the face to face interview. After I left the face to face, had an email from the HR recruiter who asked if they could go ahead with my background check and reference calls. Once that was taken care of, got my offer call and had to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Only advice I can give is to just be knowledgeable about Cato and all it has to offer.   Answer Question

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cato (Charlotte, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, in-person interview with 8 people, online math test, background check, drug test and reference check, it’s not super difficult but it took a little over a month from the phone interview to getting an offer!

Interview Questions

• Out of your previous managers who would you consider to be the worst and why do you feel this way about them?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cato (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Very Friendly and thorough process. Basically you will spend about 30 minutes per person you interview with except for the 1 hour you will spend with the Company psychiatrist. It is a little tough to get into a grove with such a short timeframe so you have to be quick to make an impression.

Negotiation

Negotiated salary, won't negotiate PTO time, which is terrible for executives. Just remember, if you get the salary negotiated higher, they will get it back when salary increases come out and not give a bump.

ASM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cato (Tulsa, OK) in August 2015.

Interview

Review of previous work history, gaps in employment and retail experience. Scenarios were presented, had to pick outfits for different occasions. Discussed store policies, pay structure, bonus structure and holiday pay. Discussed taking Orion testing and results. Discussed training locations, training availability and expectations of the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe previous work history, how it relates to position and describe yourself.   1 Answer