Cato Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cato Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cato (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I just walked into the location abouttonhand in my application and immediately the manager said I’m hired, but we still have to have the interview process. It went by super fast and all we did was talk about fashion.

Interview Questions

• What is something you love about the fashion industry?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cato.

Interview

Interview process easy walk through store and learn about Cato. Also very simple test to pass in order to be considered as an candidate. Once picked there is only 4 days of training which not much could be learned.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer. How would you plan to increase sales for the store you are a part of.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cato (Longview, TX).

Interview

The interview was lengthy but wasn't anything difficult. I was asked questions, filled out some papers, personality test, things of that nature, I assume average interview process. My manager is nice so it was pleasant. Also was taken into the store and had to choose outfits based on a situation given by the manager.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you suspected the manager was stealing merchandise/money?   1 Answer
    • You've been late 3 times, what do you think would happen?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cato (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Was called/informed that I had the job! Went in to work and was asked to take the Orion Survey. Was told "no right or wrong answers"..but the physcological survey assesses the views of the applicant in regards to ethics, what-ifs and scenarios that may or may not have ever happened to you as a person. I went from "employed" to "not qualified" based on risk factors that Orion has established for companies to use as a base-line.

Interview Questions

• You have stolen from a job in the past, you will never do it again.
      My thought? A pencil that you take home with you is really "stealing" in the scheme of things. I marked "agree" on the Orion test: WRONG ANSWER
      RIGHT ANSWER: No one ever steals anything from anywhere.

A person misses work for one day and does not inform his supervisor...he should be fired.
      I could only think of a couple of instances where this would be iffy...maybe you had a tragic death in the family or a car accident...I checked somewhat agree on the Orion test. WRONG ANSWER
      He should be fired.
      In hidesight, I did learn that answering the Orion survey honestly was what the interviewer would base my hire or non-hire qualifications upon...   1 Answer
    • Would you please take this Ryan Survey (Orion Survey-I looked at the top of the sheet).   1 Answer
    • If you are offered a job, why must I answer a survey? Who is Orion? Why do you keep saying there are no right or wrong answers and then explain that I am not qualified?   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cato (Charlotte, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at CATO's corporate office for an assistant buyer position. I saw a posting online and emailed my resume in and received an email the next day about setting up a phone interview. I completed the phone interview the next day, and a couple of days later was emailed again about setting up an in person interview. The interview was a week later, and involved a personality online test plus meeting with four people. I felt really good about my interview, and was assured I would hear back, but never was. All of my inquiry emails were ignored which is extremely unprofessional in my opinion. I feel like the extensive interview process was just a big waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cato (Memphis, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied on Friday received a call on Saturday and scheduled an interview Monday. I went into the store asked for the hiring manager and then filled out a paper application. She asked about 7 questions but said a lot of rude comments in regards to experience and wanting to work there. I didn't like the interviewerwas offered a position, but definitely declined.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denison, TX

Interview

Online then on the phone then testing in the office then pay discussion and another phone interview for $8 reference check honesty test they aren't really helpful you would think they would be more positive

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cato.

Interview

Lengthy! Took about 3 weeks. I called them multiple times so they would look at my resume and invite me to an interview. Hour long personality test, interview with both managers, also followed up with references, did a background check, etc.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to put together outfits for a special occasion and then like sporting event date.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cato (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on indeed, got a call the next day for an interview, very personable, took a personality test. Got a follow up phone interview scheduled that day, was offered less than what I currently made. Declined offer, counter offer made for higher level and the pay o required.

Anonymous Employee in Biloxi, MS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cato (Biloxi, MS) in April 2017.

Interview

Cato requires that you print the application and physically drop it off in the store. I like this because it gives a chance to meet face to face with the store manager. First impressions are key so dress for the job and be honest about your job expectations and keeps everything professional. Reference checks are a required part of Cato policy for new hires, so do not leave the references empty. If you're young and don't have job references, remember that people you babysat for, volunteered with, church group leaders, or teachers can make for good references. Next they have you come in and take a 100 question test to see if you're a good fit for the company, then they'll have you come in and actually answer questions one on one for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you gave good customer service   Answer Question