Cato Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.3

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denison, TX

Interview

Online then on the phone then testing in the office then pay discussion and another phone interview for $8 reference check honesty test they aren't really helpful you would think they would be more positive

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cato.

Interview

Lengthy! Took about 3 weeks. I called them multiple times so they would look at my resume and invite me to an interview. Hour long personality test, interview with both managers, also followed up with references, did a background check, etc.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to put together outfits for a special occasion and then like sporting event date.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cato (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on indeed, got a call the next day for an interview, very personable, took a personality test. Got a follow up phone interview scheduled that day, was offered less than what I currently made. Declined offer, counter offer made for higher level and the pay o required.

Fashion Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cato (Marietta, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Fill out application. Send in photos that shows my figure and head shots. The photos show my fashion style and my impressions shows my attitude and will to work hard and to impress the employer

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cato.

Interview

I submitted my resume and got an response back for an interview. I had the phone interview 3 weeks later. I then was asked to come in for a second interview a week later from that. After my interview with corporate I sent a follow up email and was told decisions would be made a week later. I sent another follow up email two weeks after and never heard from them again. They at least could have told me whether I got the job or not.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yukon, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cato (Yukon, OK) in February 2017.

Interview

Took 3 days . I applied in person on Tuesday , brought the application back on Wednesday . Manager asked me back for an interview the following Thursday. All in all, it was fairly quick. Manager seeped eager to get a new hire in.

Interview Questions

• She asked me to pick out two outfits. One for church, and one for a date.   Answer Question
    • Are you interested in progressing further into the company?   Answer Question
    • What would you personally add to our team?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been late? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question
    • If you suspected a customer of stealing, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • If you weren't able to show up for a shift, how would you handle that situation?   Answer Question

QC Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cato (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with Sr VP of DC operations and 3 directors. Very few questions, really just a meet and greet. Prior to this a quick phone screen from HR which was also very easy with generic questions

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cato.

Interview

Breif. What exactly are they trying to find out about my skill set? They were extremely kind but the questions lacked asking about my personal knowledge and goals for my store. I felt it was asking more about what made me happy and my personality.

Interview Questions

• Describe your personality to me?   1 Answer

Third Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cato (New York, NY).

Interview

I dropped my resume off at the store, I got a call back 20 min later. I was scheduled an interview 3 days later. The interview was standard. She immediately told me about the position and the pay. Asked if I wanted to go forward. It was minimum wage for 28 hours. Usual questions. She was very interested and would have hired me but the pay was extremely too low, so I declined.

Interview Questions

Minimum wage for a manager position? No way Jose.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cato (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I applied via email and got a response back for a phone screening a month later from HR. The phone screening was very basic asking me about my background, the lady was very friendly and sweet. Following that was an in person interview with the same HR lady at first and then interviewed with the creative director and another designer. Both spoke of the role and what was expected and asked me about my background too. Prior to that, HR takes you into a small room where you are placed in front of a computer screen to "test" your knowledge in Photoshop and Illustrator. IMO, that was unnecessarily, I rather had just done a design test to see if I'm a great designer rather than a booksmart nerd who can't design. It was a test skill to see if you can answer "design" questions.

The creative director and the other designer seemed really interested in me and also showed me around the dept. and told me they would follow up next week but I never got a response. I waited 2 weeks before following up with an email to HR and was told the final decision would be made in about a month. A month later and I heard nothing back so I sent another email to follow up, left with no response. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL from HR.

Guess the ratings and reviews are true about this company.