Celerity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Celerity Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2018

2.3

Tester Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Celerity.

Interview

Two interviewers with heavy accents so it took me awhile to understand what they were saying. But they were friendly enough. The recruiter from their company was very nice and wish some of those interview skills had rubbed off on the tech team interviewing.

Interview Questions

• A challenge you faced at work?   1 Answer

C++ Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Celerity in March 2018.

Interview

1st round is phone interview by HR. Talking about some basic background, some question based on resume. No technique questions. 20 mins and very easy.
    2nd round is online technique test. Some choice questions and coding problems. It takes about 1-1.5 hours.
    And I still wait for next round.

Interview Questions

• Your career goal in 6 month.
      Expected salary.
      Searching in BST tree.   Answer Question

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Celerity (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I had an initial screening with one of their recruiters and then went in for a face-to-face meeting where I spoke with two people. I found the interview to be casual and friendly.
    I received a call back and had another interview session with another individual.

My chief complaint was the lack of any type of courtesy follow-up after the fact. My inquiries to the recruiter were not answered. Considering that I'd taken PTO / vacation on two separate occasions for the sake of the interviews, the company should have at least been respectful enough to indicate that they'd opted to go in a different direction.

Given that lack of professional courtesy, I would not interview or recommend interviewing with this company.

Interview Questions

• This interview happened sometime back and no specific interview questions stand out.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Celerity (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

Fairly easy initial phone call telling me about the position and how past temporary hires enjoyed it. Also discussed the potential for full time employment. This was more of a company walkthrough to judge interest in the position and discuss it's length (6 Months)

Interview Questions

• Asked about the size of previous marketing accounts, and how they were managed.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Celerity (McLean, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a senior business analyst position. I had a phone interview with a recruiter, a phone interview with a senior Celerity person, and an in-person interview with some more senior Celerity people.

The phone interview with the recruiter was the typical recruiter conversation - we talked about the available openings in more detail, salary expectations, etc. Nothing too difficult here.

The phone interview with the senior Celerity person was an in-depth interview about career history and your role on projects.

The in-person interview was primarily a fit interview (e.g., do you fit in with the company). It was a bit of a repeat of the initial interview with the recruiter. There was some discussion about past work history/experience as well.

Walking out of the in-person interview, I thought I did well and they liked me, but I never heard anything back from them (either an offer or a rejection), so I guess my impression was wrong.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your next opportunity?   Answer Question
    • The usual questions about past work/education history. Some questions are more in-depth than others.   Answer Question

Content Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Celerity.

Interview

Had one of the worst interview experiences. First, the recruiter reached out to me to set up a call. I emailed him back. No response. I followed up again, no response. Finally, a week later he said he could squeeze me in that day for a call. After we spoke he asked for writing samples which I submitted immediately. He told me the CFO would be contacting me the next week. No calls received. I followed up with the recruiter and did not get a response. I followed up again the next week and again no response. Finally, completely fed up I called him at his office and he gave me a laundry list of excuses of why he hadn't contacted me and told me the position had been picked up by another recruiter and he'd send my info to her (which he didn't.)

All in all, one of the worst experiences I've ever had. I highly caution anyone interested in this company.

Web Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Celerity.

Interview

The Interview went well and I was offered a tentative position for a particular contract. The contract date kept being pushed back and I kept following up about the position but after two months I felt that I should look elsewhere because of the lack of follow through.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Celerity (Spring Hill, VA).

Interview

I was be connected to the company through LinkedIn mail, and ask for sending the resume to them. So, after surveying some information about their company, I decide to mail my resume to the recruiter for reference. They replied me real quick and ask to have a call to me. Then, I schedule a time to have a talk through phone.

They mentioned several time of "We are actually hiring some people that really smart...", to that point in the first time, I felt a little odd, but not think too much. (But somehow, after meeting them on site, I start to realize the smart people is actually have GPA around 3.8 or something) After that time of phone interview, the recruiter told me that they would like to meet me on their site to have another interview. For me, I was really happy to be considered, so I actually move several labs and course works to other day to make sure my time is available on that interview day.

Then, after I go to the interview, they started to talk more about the information of this role. And I've been told I will meet their hiring manager next week, because she was on her vacation. To everyone who have the opportunity to meet the hiring manager, that probably you did something right with this interview. But the things is that, the HR exactly told me to send mail to them next week to schedule one day to meet.

I don't know if I got them wrong or not, after sending them a few mails, they just leave me along and never have replied to me. Well, I don't blame anyone if I didn't meet the capacity they want but if a HR told you that you will have an interview with hiring manager next week. It just shouldn't have nothing to follow up and leave you like that. Having an announcement to meet with hiring manger but no having any follow up mail even I sent a few mails to ask them, and not even a declined mail.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions, HR said probably their client will ask some technical question to me instead.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Celerity (McLean, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

The process took about a month. It started with a phone interview from a corporate recruiter, followed by a phone interview a few days later with the VP of the dept.

After that, there was a writing sample. Next, an in-person interview with the VP of the dept and meeting someone on the team. One week later, there was a final interview with multiple people in the company, including another recruiter, VP of the dept and CFO.

The communication through out the entire process was really good from the corporate recruiter.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Celerity (McLean, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter on linkedin and decided I'd give linkedin recruiters one more shot. My recruiter was extremely helpful, set up a phone interview when I was available and by the end of the call, set me up with an in-person interview. I was interviewed by two people and the interview was actually an enjoyable experience. I'd definitely say that personality type and understanding a basic sense of self and where you see your career going is key in working with a company like Celerity. The office personnel and atmosphere is one where people are very upbeat and social, but as they emphasized in the interview, very hands on and entrepreneurial. After interviewing with two people from their HR team, I met with the VP of Human Resources and had a one on one interview with her. Same basic process, she asked questions regarding past experiences, strengths and weaknesses, etc. The interview process is really a way for them to assess your personality and fit the face with the resume. Ultimately, my experience was great. I interviewed and was given an offer less than 24 hours later. The company looks like it has some real room for growth and a lot of potential, which is exciting for a young professional or someone seeking an entry level position.

Interview Questions

• What are some strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you had some differences to address with another employee and how did you handle it.   Answer Question