Celerity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2018

2.3

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Celerity (Spring Hill, VA).

Interview

I was be connected to the company through LinkedIn mail, and ask for sending the resume to them. So, after surveying some information about their company, I decide to mail my resume to the recruiter for reference. They replied me real quick and ask to have a call to me. Then, I schedule a time to have a talk through phone.

They mentioned several time of "We are actually hiring some people that really smart...", to that point in the first time, I felt a little odd, but not think too much. (But somehow, after meeting them on site, I start to realize the smart people is actually have GPA around 3.8 or something) After that time of phone interview, the recruiter told me that they would like to meet me on their site to have another interview. For me, I was really happy to be considered, so I actually move several labs and course works to other day to make sure my time is available on that interview day.

Then, after I go to the interview, they started to talk more about the information of this role. And I've been told I will meet their hiring manager next week, because she was on her vacation. To everyone who have the opportunity to meet the hiring manager, that probably you did something right with this interview. But the things is that, the HR exactly told me to send mail to them next week to schedule one day to meet.

I don't know if I got them wrong or not, after sending them a few mails, they just leave me along and never have replied to me. Well, I don't blame anyone if I didn't meet the capacity they want but if a HR told you that you will have an interview with hiring manager next week. It just shouldn't have nothing to follow up and leave you like that. Having an announcement to meet with hiring manger but no having any follow up mail even I sent a few mails to ask them, and not even a declined mail.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions, HR said probably their client will ask some technical question to me instead.   1 Answer

Web Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Celerity.

Interview

The Interview went well and I was offered a tentative position for a particular contract. The contract date kept being pushed back and I kept following up about the position but after two months I felt that I should look elsewhere because of the lack of follow through.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Celerity (McLean, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

My interview process was relatively short and sweet. I was referred by an internal employee who vouched for my character and abilities. After sending over my resume and cover letter I officially submitted a request for an internship through HR.
    Theses are steps I took:
    1. e-mailed request
    2. Telephone screening
    3. interview 1 with Intern Programmer, Interview 2 with Field supervisor/manager
    4. Less than a week-Offer letter
    5. Accepted 2 days later

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the future?
      What do you think you will gain from this experience?
      What do you hope to gain?
      What are you other internship opportunities?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Celerity (McLean, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

This company is a complete waste of time. The personal interview was to take 2 hours. I interviewed with the recruitment manager who was as dynamic as a burned piece of toast. After 1 hour of being grilled about my background I decided this was not the company for me. I ended the interview and thanked him for his timeThe office environment is sterile and uninviting. While waiting in the reception area I noticed the CEO walk by. He never turned his head to acknowledge me even though I was interviewing for a position with his company. It just shows the lack of respect they have for others.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would source a difficult to find candidate?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Celerity (McLean, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

The process took about a month. It started with a phone interview from a corporate recruiter, followed by a phone interview a few days later with the VP of the dept.

After that, there was a writing sample. Next, an in-person interview with the VP of the dept and meeting someone on the team. One week later, there was a final interview with multiple people in the company, including another recruiter, VP of the dept and CFO.

The communication through out the entire process was really good from the corporate recruiter.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Celerity (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

Fairly easy initial phone call telling me about the position and how past temporary hires enjoyed it. Also discussed the potential for full time employment. This was more of a company walkthrough to judge interest in the position and discuss it's length (6 Months)

Interview Questions

• Asked about the size of previous marketing accounts, and how they were managed.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Celerity (Harrisburg, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

I was recruited when I submitted a resume to a job site. They were reviewed with me my skills and discussed what I was interested in doing. I feel they worked hard to find a good fit for my experience. The questions during the interview allowed me to provide a clear picture of what I had done and how I could bring value to another employer

Interview Questions

• actually there was not unexpected question. I knew what to expect and was prepared. I did not find any of the questions to be especially difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was pretty straight-forward. They told me what the contracting company was offering and I felt it was fair

Senior Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Celerity (Mechanicsburg, PA) in November 2010.

Interview

Very light and friendly interview process. I started with the headhunter, who took me to lunch and described what the company was all about. I later had a couple of phone interviews with the director and one of the other senior developers. This was followed by a skils assesment test that focused on Java and JEE questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was little wiggle room for negotiation of salary but the headhunter was willing to allow an extra education bonsu which could be used for training or equipment purchase from what I recall.

Senior Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Celerity (McLean, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

Absurd HR interview.

Just not worth it.

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Celerity (McLean, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

I did a couple of phone interviews with one of their government 'Account Managers' who asked to rush me in for an interview on short-notice after learning that I'd received offers from other companies. She wanted to rush me in for an interview to see if Celerity could "get an offer on the table in front of me" before I made a final decision.

I made a very LONG trip from another part of Northern VA to McLean for the interview in very bad whether, the remnants of Tropical Storm Lee. All of my phone interviews had been related to a specific role, on a specific project with one of their "commercial clients", AQKA. Upon arriving, the Celerity 'Account Manager' I was scheduled to meet with greeted me and quickly apologized saying she had to "run to a meeting" within a few minutes so she wouldn't be able to participate in the interview.

She then sat me down in a room, asked me all the same questions that had been asked over the phone interviews: "So give me a quick 'run-down' of your career achievements'. She then told me that she had just found out 'moments before my arrival' that their commercial client, AQKA, had acquired my resume on their own, so Celerity could not "represent me" for the position with them but that I was receiving "general consideration" for a number of positions where I'd be a great asset. I immediately felt as if I'd been deceived and "lured in" with a bait-and-switch tactic.

She then got up to leave for her meeting, but just before doing so, brought in 2 other 'account managers' that had NEVER seen my resume to interview me. Both of the account managers entered the room looking as if they'd been caught off guard and 'shoved through the door', forced to do a sudden interview because she needed to run to her meeting. The 2 account managers spent the bulk of the time asking very GENERAL questions about my resume, because they'd never seen it. The entire time the interview was going on, very childish and unprofessional laughter and goofing off could be heard in the hallway right outside the door: Little pranks and paper being thrown. Very unprofessional. In addition, the 'account managers kept leaving and running from room to room, and explained they were doing "TONS of interviews today". It was the most chaotic, disorganized mess I'd ever seen at an interview: This was the first time I arrived at an interview, and the people conducting the interview were 'unprepared'. The place did NOT have the looks of a professional, legitimate, organized company but rather an assembly-line still staffing agency, headhunter shop, body shop, whatever you want to call it.

To make matters worse, their projects did not require the technologies I work with, wasting everyone's time, with the end result of the 2 account managers simply saying "If we bump into something you might be a fit for, we'll give you a call." Honestly, with 15 years in the business I only do in-person interviews after a company has a clear, solid concept of what my role will be in the organization: I have not heard "We'll call you if something pops up" since I was an entry level candidate.

The interview was a complete waste of my time and travels. I wouldn't recommend this company to anybody, and I would not be surprised if they missed out on lots of other Senior Level professionals with this dishonest, disorganized, "assembly line" approach to interviewing candidates. The company looks very deceptive and shady acting.