Celerity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2018

2.3

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Celerity (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I had an initial screening with one of their recruiters and then went in for a face-to-face meeting where I spoke with two people. I found the interview to be casual and friendly.
    I received a call back and had another interview session with another individual.

My chief complaint was the lack of any type of courtesy follow-up after the fact. My inquiries to the recruiter were not answered. Considering that I'd taken PTO / vacation on two separate occasions for the sake of the interviews, the company should have at least been respectful enough to indicate that they'd opted to go in a different direction.

Given that lack of professional courtesy, I would not interview or recommend interviewing with this company.

Interview Questions

• This interview happened sometime back and no specific interview questions stand out.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Celerity (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

Fairly easy initial phone call telling me about the position and how past temporary hires enjoyed it. Also discussed the potential for full time employment. This was more of a company walkthrough to judge interest in the position and discuss it's length (6 Months)

Interview Questions

• Asked about the size of previous marketing accounts, and how they were managed.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Celerity (McLean, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a senior business analyst position. I had a phone interview with a recruiter, a phone interview with a senior Celerity person, and an in-person interview with some more senior Celerity people.

The phone interview with the recruiter was the typical recruiter conversation - we talked about the available openings in more detail, salary expectations, etc. Nothing too difficult here.

The phone interview with the senior Celerity person was an in-depth interview about career history and your role on projects.

The in-person interview was primarily a fit interview (e.g., do you fit in with the company). It was a bit of a repeat of the initial interview with the recruiter. There was some discussion about past work history/experience as well.

Walking out of the in-person interview, I thought I did well and they liked me, but I never heard anything back from them (either an offer or a rejection), so I guess my impression was wrong.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your next opportunity?   Answer Question
    • The usual questions about past work/education history. Some questions are more in-depth than others.   Answer Question

Content Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Celerity.

Interview

Had one of the worst interview experiences. First, the recruiter reached out to me to set up a call. I emailed him back. No response. I followed up again, no response. Finally, a week later he said he could squeeze me in that day for a call. After we spoke he asked for writing samples which I submitted immediately. He told me the CFO would be contacting me the next week. No calls received. I followed up with the recruiter and did not get a response. I followed up again the next week and again no response. Finally, completely fed up I called him at his office and he gave me a laundry list of excuses of why he hadn't contacted me and told me the position had been picked up by another recruiter and he'd send my info to her (which he didn't.)

All in all, one of the worst experiences I've ever had. I highly caution anyone interested in this company.

Web Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Celerity.

Interview

The Interview went well and I was offered a tentative position for a particular contract. The contract date kept being pushed back and I kept following up about the position but after two months I felt that I should look elsewhere because of the lack of follow through.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Celerity (Spring Hill, VA).

Interview

I was be connected to the company through LinkedIn mail, and ask for sending the resume to them. So, after surveying some information about their company, I decide to mail my resume to the recruiter for reference. They replied me real quick and ask to have a call to me. Then, I schedule a time to have a talk through phone.

They mentioned several time of "We are actually hiring some people that really smart...", to that point in the first time, I felt a little odd, but not think too much. (But somehow, after meeting them on site, I start to realize the smart people is actually have GPA around 3.8 or something) After that time of phone interview, the recruiter told me that they would like to meet me on their site to have another interview. For me, I was really happy to be considered, so I actually move several labs and course works to other day to make sure my time is available on that interview day.

Then, after I go to the interview, they started to talk more about the information of this role. And I've been told I will meet their hiring manager next week, because she was on her vacation. To everyone who have the opportunity to meet the hiring manager, that probably you did something right with this interview. But the things is that, the HR exactly told me to send mail to them next week to schedule one day to meet.

I don't know if I got them wrong or not, after sending them a few mails, they just leave me along and never have replied to me. Well, I don't blame anyone if I didn't meet the capacity they want but if a HR told you that you will have an interview with hiring manager next week. It just shouldn't have nothing to follow up and leave you like that. Having an announcement to meet with hiring manger but no having any follow up mail even I sent a few mails to ask them, and not even a declined mail.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions, HR said probably their client will ask some technical question to me instead.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Celerity (McLean, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

The process took about a month. It started with a phone interview from a corporate recruiter, followed by a phone interview a few days later with the VP of the dept.

After that, there was a writing sample. Next, an in-person interview with the VP of the dept and meeting someone on the team. One week later, there was a final interview with multiple people in the company, including another recruiter, VP of the dept and CFO.

The communication through out the entire process was really good from the corporate recruiter.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Celerity (McLean, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter on linkedin and decided I'd give linkedin recruiters one more shot. My recruiter was extremely helpful, set up a phone interview when I was available and by the end of the call, set me up with an in-person interview. I was interviewed by two people and the interview was actually an enjoyable experience. I'd definitely say that personality type and understanding a basic sense of self and where you see your career going is key in working with a company like Celerity. The office personnel and atmosphere is one where people are very upbeat and social, but as they emphasized in the interview, very hands on and entrepreneurial. After interviewing with two people from their HR team, I met with the VP of Human Resources and had a one on one interview with her. Same basic process, she asked questions regarding past experiences, strengths and weaknesses, etc. The interview process is really a way for them to assess your personality and fit the face with the resume. Ultimately, my experience was great. I interviewed and was given an offer less than 24 hours later. The company looks like it has some real room for growth and a lot of potential, which is exciting for a young professional or someone seeking an entry level position.

Interview Questions

• What are some strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you had some differences to address with another employee and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Python/Django Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Celerity (McLean, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

The HR called me about an opening which I was interested in, and he sent me a small assignment in Django to be completed online and uploaded to github. I did, and they were impressed. I was called in for an interview at their McLean, VA office. It was a pleasant experience. The HR spoke for a few minutes and then a senior technical person interviewed me. The interview was casual and tried to gauge the level of expertise I had in the subject. He also gave me a small bug to fix from a piece of software he was working on at that moment. It was a feel good interview. A couple of weeks later, I was called for another interview with the Head of Python Practice. He was more trying to sell their practice and make sure I liked their process and approach. I sure liked the way the discussion went. I met with another Department Head and he was trying to make sure I fit into their culture etc. Overall the interview process went great, although slow. They negotiated for a lower-than-market salary right in the beginning, but I thought it was a worth a try, so I agreed to it.

The HR was never responsive after the interview process. I had to constantly email him to ask about the status. A week later he replied saying we like you and we really want to have you on board with us, but we would like you to attend a client interview. At this point, I felt stupid because it felt like a company that does not stand by its employees. I agreed anyhow considering that the client was good. I still had not received an official offer, but at the client office, the client was told that I am a Celerity employee and I did not know how to react to that since I had not even received a verbal offer till that point. The client interview went ok, and I called the HR to let them know how it went. After this there was absolutely no contact from the HR whatsoever. It was a totally negative experience altogether. Waste of people's time and effort. If you do not want to hire a person or don't have an opening, please don't call candidates to attend interviews only to abruptly stop communications in the end.

My opinion - They seemed to me more like a body shop than a consulting company. So stay far away from this company. They lure you into giving an offer, and they talk well so we get impressed. But in the end, they don't care for their own people. I felt it was unethical for an IT consulting firm to attach your company logo to a person's resume to submit to a client before extending even a verbal offer to that person.

Interview Questions

• Code review and bug fix of live code from their project.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Celerity.

Interview

A couple back and forth with the recruiter before setting up the interview. The recruiter was on the ball, quickly responding to any questions I had. First and only interview was in-person at their offices with a couple team leads. The questions were easy, some mix of technical and behavioral.