Celgene Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.8

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Celgene (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interview process takes the whole morning from 8:00 to 2:00pm. It's only a contractor position. Facing around 20 people. Human resource ask behavior questions such as "how do your colleagues describe you""can you work under pressure" etc. research workers ask relevant professional questions, some questions are quite detail.

Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Celgene (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Main interview composed of 1 on 1s , panels and seminar. Interview day was less technical, a lot more interest in culture/fit and personality. A few asked about specifics from my seminar. Met with a wide breadth of people. HR as well as scientists. Get a tour. Pretty standard stuff. Interviewers were cordial, tried to get to know you not just grill you. Very fair balance of allowing you to interview them as much as them you.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Garden, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Celgene (New Garden, PA).

Interview

Phone screen by internal recruiter. Very professional. Determined Relo availability - met the 50 mile rule. Discussed pay, vacation and notice requirements up front. 40 min for scheduled 30 min call.

Interview Questions

• . Standard questions regarding why are you looking, why did you leave your last job. Than seeking specific example regarding the role   Answer Question

Specialist II, Translational Development Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Celgene (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had seven interviews for this position in 2016. The first interview was the worst case study interview. Very strange management. After the first interview I didn't hear back from this group. Six month later I received a call from the HR to see if I am still interested to apply again for the same job. I didn't want to deal with a company that doesn't have respect for others time and decency to communicate. I declined. Two months later I got a call from the same group asking me if I was interested in applying for the same job. This time I decided to take up on the offer. My first interview was scheduled to meet with 6 people individually. It took 6 hours. I had to take an entire day off from work. Two days later I got another phone call requesting for the second interview. Two of their team members were back in town and wanted to meet with me. Again, I comply with their request and met with two women. One of them very disorganized showed up late and had very little confidence in interviewing me.
    had to take another six hours off from work. Two days later I received yet another request for a final phone interview. Again I comply with the request. By this time I had 4 phone interviews and 3 in person interviewed. The final interview was in December of last year. No feedback or offer yet. 10 months process. I fee they wasted my time. they gave me false hope, and they were not honest with me. BTW, that position is still open- go figure

Interview Questions

• All questions were related to my work experience and educational background.
      One of the question was asked over and over and over again by the team was'

1) Do you like waking up early?

The question was bad and annoying. They asked this question because they have teleconference schedule early in the morning, some times at 5am.   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Celgene (Summit, NJ).

Interview

1 round of telephone interview and 1 round of in person. In person was very relaxed and included mostly a review of previous work history. A review of the role and expectations.

Statistical Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Celgene (Summit, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Had very much rushed 2 screening interviews: one HR screening, another hiring manager screening. Interviews were scheduled literally on the next day of previous interview and/or interaction. Had 1 face to face after that, which did not work well. Interview questions were simple, however attitude of interviewers was reluctant.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual for the position.   1 Answer

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Celgene (Newark, NJ).

Interview

4-5 hrs interview with 5-6 persons. Good technical questions along with domain knowledge questions. SDTM/ADaM questions along with SAS skills questions. All interviewers were quite knowledgeable. Had discussions about my previous experiences and was fun sharing my experience with management guys who interviewed me

Medical School Gap Year Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Celgene (Summit, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Was contacted initially by a recruiter by email, and we scheduled a phone screen. Shortly after, I received word that the director of the program wanted to speak with me. We scheduled a call in which he asked me in more detail about my experience. About three weeks later, I was told they moved forward with another candidate.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Celgene (Summit, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Apply online, followed by phone interview scheduled a few weeks later, afterwards given an on-site interview where you meet with team members throughout the department

Process itself was quite fluid and good pace. They were very receptive to my own needs in terms of scheduling and rearrangement as I would be traveling to their location from out of town.

Interview Questions

• - Key areas of strengths and weaknesses

- Describe a time when you worked on a project and it failed? what did you take away from that failure?

- Talk about a time when you had to motivate members of your team or group towards a decision or action that the majority of them were against.   Answer Question

Application

I interviewed at Celgene in December 2016.

Interview

Intial phone screen interview. Asked about my current and previous jobs and how they translated to the current role. This was followed by a face to face interview with the manager who was to be my boss. Overall it took three weeks.