Celgene Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Celgene (Summit, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager and their boss. Followed by in person all day interview. Meeting with several people from different departments. Gave a presentation on my area of expertise- related to the business.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Celgene (Summit, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview process consists of Phone Screen with HR, Initial Interview with Hiring Manager, Full Day Group Interview with 7 colleagues (Associate Directors , Directors, Senior Directors, Vice President, HR Business Partner

Interview Questions

• Given your clinical research experience in small, midsize and large pharma, what would be your best contribution to Celgene's future and what would you leave behind?   1 Answer

Java Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Celgene (San Diego, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Had an in-person interview with the entire team that I would be working with. After that, there was a phone interview with someone that was remote since they were on vacation at the time.

Interview Questions

• What technologies are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Statistical Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Celgene (Summit, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Had very much rushed 2 screening interviews: one HR screening, another hiring manager screening. Interviews were scheduled literally on the next day of previous interview and/or interaction. Had 1 face to face after that, which did not work well. Interview questions were simple, however attitude of interviewers was reluctant.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual for the position.   1 Answer

Clinical Research Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Celgene in February 2017.

Interview

I was referred to the company by a neighbor and they reached out to me in January about scheduling an interview. There is the option for in-person interviews but if you are at school they can conduct them over the phone.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Celgene (New Brunswick, NJ) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process was all via phone with a single manager. Once I was hired as intern, I was converted directly into a full-time employee in 11 months, without any formal interview. Basically, if they like what you're doing, they may not even choose to interview you.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Celgene (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Submitted CV and cover letter to Senior Scientist email directly. Received a call in a few days and had a phone interview for 1 hour. The interview was supposed to be 30 minutes, but the interviewer had lots of questions! Offered an in-person interview within the next week. Meet with about 5 other people and had to give a 1 hour presentation on my graduate research. Also was quiz on two research papers that was related to the research done at the company. Those papers were selected by the interviewer. Many many questions!!

Interview Questions

• Why did it take you so long to finish you BA? Referring to the research paper I read, what is the strength of this research paper? Also many detailed questions on my research presentation.   Answer Question

Had a better offer from another company.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Celgene in March 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview first, then was offered the internship. The interview lasted about 15 minutes. I then received an offer via email about 3 weeks after the phone call and accepted immediately!

Interview Questions

• What recent research have I done? General GMP regulation questions for a laboratory environment? Any experience in cell culture?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Celgene (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Met with HR and then the hiring manager for this position. Skills test was administered based on questions from the interviewers. Some questions were easy while others were more difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you learned from a situation in which you failed to achieve your goal.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Celgene (Summit, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews. Each lasted 30 minutes. First interview with non-Celgene employee recruiter and second interview with senior director. They were also hiring for my direct report so was somewhat intimidated interviewing with senior level person. Felt a good connection during both interviews. Recruiter interview consisted of job history and experience. Senior Director interview was focused on job criteria and my experience as it relates to the position.Waiting for a call back for in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of how you provided insights and solved a business issue.   Answer Question