Celgene Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Celgene Interview Questions

Interviews at Celgene

2.8

Associate Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Celgene in March 2020.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter they got back to me within days for a phone interview. After the phone interview I heard back from them within the week and they offered helpful feedback.

Preformulation Chemists Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Celgene (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Multiple people showed up on the interview, including potential collegues and people from related groups. Everyone was friendly and detailed. Questions were on spot. I learned a lot from the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you think you cannot fix the issue alone   Answer Question

Senior Director Site Manufacturing Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Celgene (Bothell, WA) in November 2019.

Interview

i was contacted by a sr manager of hr to schedule a preliminary phone screen.

on the initial call, she and i seemed to "gel" quite well as we both had a history with my previous employer.

all seemed to be pointing to next steps until the very end of the interview when she asked "what is your ideal working environment, the perfect job?" and when i replied honestly that "my perfect environment would be one in which i receive unequivocal support from my boss and colleagues, with room for career growth..."

no sooner than 1 sec after i finished she quickly says "...i have other candidates to interview and should get back to you in a week..."

that honesty was apparently the kiss of death.

judging from other reviews on here, this is DEFINITELY not a culture that you want to be a part of. im happy it stopped there or i would have really wasted my time.

Interview Questions

Interview

Screening from HR, then an interview with the team, then a follow up with hr or an email of rejection. If you get the job a verbal offer is given then a paper offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you did at your last job?   1 Answer

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Celgene (Summit, NJ) in September 2019.

Interview

Landing a job at any pharma company these days has become increasingly difficult, even with years of experience. For every single opportunity it’s always the same dragged out process; phone call with recruiter, wait, phone interview if you’re lucky, wait, on site interview if you are REALLY lucky, and if you are a perfect person you will land the job, but 9 times out of 10 you won’t. The only difference with Celgene is that the process, in my experience at least, actually moved somewhat quickly. However, overall, they seemed to be somewhat disorganized. The interview itself was easy; no difficult questions were asked at all, and I felt comfortable being there for the most part.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current role and how it applies to this opportunity   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Celgene (Summit, NJ) in September 2019.

Interview

I had one phone interview and two weeks later followed by a on site interview. Hiring managers were very nice and the interview went smoothly. They focused a lot on technical questions and a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you had a conflict with your manager and what did you do.   Answer Question

Manager-Mfg Operation Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by recruiter within a month. After the phone interview, I went on site for an in-person interview and spent about 3 hours speaking to various functions including Quality, Process Engineering, Admin, a warehouse manager and the hiring manager. Overall, experience was good, however, they didn't have the courtesy to inform me of their decision despite my attempts. After taking the time out, I feel I deserved a courtesy call.

Medical Editor/Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Celgene (Summit, NJ).

Interview

This position was based in Summit and the Gentlemen that ran the department (1st Interview) was great. How ever I can't believe he let people in the department interview who clearly had no interview skills.and were probably threatened by my 15+ years of experience.

Interview Questions

• . I then interviewed with two women how would be colleagues. Needless to say they were very unprofessional, unqualified and caddie at best..   1 Answer

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Celgene in August 2019.

Interview

Efficient, very relaxed yet professional setting. Folks seemed knowledgeable in their area of work. BMS merger leaves uncertainty but the group was very attractive in terms of learning. Seems like culture is important and teams are patient-centric, which aligns with values over all.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Celgene (Summit, NJ).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a job I found out later they have been advertising to fill for months. I had a technical phone interview. They explained what the role would be. It followed the job description and all seemed normal. It went well. They scheduled an in-person interview 2 weeks later.

A few hours before the interview I get an urgent voicemail from the recruiter that the first person on the schedule I'm going to be interviewing with needs to talk to me before the interview. He wants to talk to me ASAP and he can't wait to talk to me when I arrive, it has to be immediately. I was doing a presentation for my current employer so I didn't get the voicemail until 2 hours before the interview. I get him on the phone and he tells me they want completely different experiences and skills than they had discussed with me during the phone interviewed. This job had been advertised for months and hours before the interview things have completely changed for reasons which is still unknown to me. I arrive at the interview where this person who needed to urgently speak with me doesn't have time to attend the interview. This is an interview they scheduled 2 weeks before. So I spoke with a different group of people including the hiring manager.

Based on the questions they all asked, it was clear to me they didn't know what their needs were or what role this job was needed for. I was puzzled why they were even spending time to fill it because what seemed to be the most important to the hiring manager was something already being covered by current staff without problems. But if I had to guess, they were looking for someone who had many years of experience in 4 different careers (with one of them being marketing) to fill this single job. No such person exists, and if they did, they wouldn't be needed in this job based on what they told me was important to them. A real disconnect.

The last 15 minutes of the interview the hiring manager became distracted after he opened his laptop and started answering e-mail. This is rude. While this took place, another member of this group began asking me extremely elementary technical questions that would have been more appropriate for a high school intern. I asked a few basic questions about what services they used to gain insight into their operation, and this same person sternly claimed they used all of them. A follow-up question revealed that his statement was nothing more than hyperbole, because no one uses all of them. From what they just told me about their organization they would only have use for the most basic services. No one else in the interview responded to this claim, leaving me to believe that whatever this person says isn't questioned. This deeply concerned me, which helped explained why they were using technology in an inefficient and convoluted manner.

I got the strong impression they lack real leadership and their use of technology is sloppy without following standard industry practices. I was very unimpressed with all of them. After this interview I lost interest in the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job when it might be gone in 6 months or less after we merge with BMS?   Answer Question