Centare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Centare Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Centare

Agile Coach Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Centare.

Interview

3 different sets of interviews. The hr person was actually the one that gave me the most insight into the position. The other interviewers asked much more technical questions, which was really odd because anyone could prepare on specifics before going to a client.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Centare (Brookfield, WI) in December 2015.

Interview

I was referred and I also contacted the company. I was followed up with not to long after that with a phone screen. It was to get an understanding of me as a person as far as working as a team and handling certain situations.

After that, I was sent a coding exercise that needed to be completed in a week with some decently hard questions most of which can be researched. From there, it was a month long wait until I heard back where they invited me for a formal interview in Brookfield.

Once at the Brookfield office, I started off with the leadership interview with a couple of people where it helped determine how I fare in working with people as well as the work experience I have accrued thus far. The next interview consisted of two different individuals who went over my coding exercise with me to see how much I understood of it. I was also able to show a personal project that I made in both interviews. There was plenty of time to ask questions by the end of both of those interviews. After that, I was taken around the company office to see the workplace and was told that they would get back to me.

They called me back the day after asking what I thought of the interview process and told me that they would be sending a job offer my way.

Interview Questions

• If you caught something wrong in a colleague's code, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centare (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2015.

Interview

Met with the recruiter during an on-campus job fair event. Later, was invited for an onsite interview on campus. Mostly personally fit, past experiences and learning more about my future goals. After they gave me a week to solve a bunch of programming (software design, data structures and general algorithms) problems sets to solve and turn. Wasn't tough and mostly dependent on C# . But you can nail it if you have done a decent amount of programming before. I am college student (final year), so it was fine.

Lastly, they really liked my way of solving the problem set and invited me for the onsite interview. Mostly going over my solutions with the Tech lead and answering a little tricky questions similar to the problems.

Overall the interview process wasn't very tough at all. I enjoyed interviewing with the team at Centare.

Interview Questions

Centare Response

Jan 28, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad that you enjoyed interviewing with us and hope you'll stay in touch!

Agile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centare (Brookfield, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

The Interview consisted of a phone technical screening, as well as an in-person interview. The in-person interview had a general portion and a technical portion. The actual interview went great, they even followed up with me to discuss some options, and provide positive feedback. The outlook after speaking with them seemed quite positive.

I was not offered a position, and I was not rejected as a candidate either... I was ensured I would be contacted with more information, and that was 3 weeks ago.. This did not seem to follow the candidate experience as described on the website. I am disappointed that they would not tell me that I am or am not not being considered for the position instead of leaving me hanging..

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an interface and an abstract class?   Answer Question

Centare Response

Dec 28, 2015 – Talent Acquisition

We're very sorry to hear this was your experience. Our apologies. We wish you the best in your next endeavors and hope you'll give us a chance to redeem ourselves sometime in the future!

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Centare.

Interview

Simple phone screen. Really hard interview. Alot of digging in and follow-up questions, use of 5-whys to really see how deep you go. There were many times the interviewer would "play dumb" or ask questions that would purposefully lead you down an incorrect path, in order to see if you're just a yes-man or if you have an opinion and can back it up.

Interview Questions

• Why? You really have to know your stuff and be able to explain the Why's behind your choices/answers   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Centare (Brookfield, WI) in May 2013.

Interview

There was a phone screening by their in-house recruiter, followed up by a two hour in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of meeting with two in-house recruiters asking some boilerplate personality questions. Then I met with a director-level employee, followed up by a team lead employee. The director had his general sales pitch of the company, but the most value came from myself asking him specific questions about company values and culture. Then there was a technical screening by a team lead. I was surprised at the simplicity and lack of depth compared to previous technical interviews I've participated in. Questions such as "describe the difference between an interface and abstract class" and "do you think unit tests are necessary?" — are ones I would expect a sophomore in college to be able to answer off the top of the head.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't surprised by any questions, Glassdoor had all their difficult/unexpected questions covered, and what I expected was what was asked during the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They seemed not to want to negotiate much - standard salaries and vacation time based off number of years experience.

Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centare (Brookfield, WI) in December 2012.

Interview

Initial interview was with the talent recruiter. Then meet with the consulting manager and the development center manager. Most of in house development seem pretty young group in a cube farm. Music playing and nerf guns within arms reach. Looks like a fun place. They seem to hire people that are very passionate about their work and eager to be learning all the time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Doesn't hurt to ask for more after specific milestones are met.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Centare (Brookfield, WI) in July 2010.

Interview

I was referred to Centare by a network connection. The recruiter contacted me right away and set up the next steps during the first phone call.

During the interview I met with the recruiter, completed a technical screen with one of the developers, and spoke with the president. It was overall fairly casual, and not one of those really structured interviews where they don't deviate from their questionnaire.

From the initial contact to the offer stage took only 3 days, which is refreshing compared to other compared to other companies I've interviewed with. By the time I got an offer I felt very comfortable with the company and what they're all about. I accepted the offer and so far things are going very well!

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an interface and abstract class?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Centare (Brookfield, WI) in October 2009.

Interview

Recruiting was very kind and did a good personality screen before bringing me in. I spoke with up to 2 technical individuals for over 2 hours. The first was a very aggressive and cold interview without a lot of opportunity for questions. The second was more of an open forum interview with questions asked and more of the culture revealed. After leaving the interview I felt the individuals knew how to build software however it felt to be a chaotic process

Interview Questions

• How would you replace any component of any system at anytime   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Centare (Milwaukee, WI) in December 2008.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone interview followed by an appointment for a technical interview. The interview I was given was too short in length to fully answer the questions given to me and resulted in a follow up interview to determine if I was a good fit. The people are great to work with and very helpful and being a consulting firm the work culture would vary with the job. Overall it's a very good company to work for

Interview Questions

• Draw the last system you architected   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't attempt to much negotiation and I would suggest to always counter offer