Center For Discovery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Center For Discovery Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2018

2.2

Program Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Center For Discovery.

Interview

Many interviews are done over the phone. People are often hired over the phone without any face to face or virtual interview process. Hours and days are often misrepresented by the company in the interview process. Job description doesn't explain that food prep is part of almost everyone's role.

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Center For Discovery (Lakewood, CO) in March 2018.

Interview

Walk in and interview with 2 people and then you answer some questions after they have you wait in this room. During the interview they ask you some questions and then you answer them and they get back to you in a few days. They then do a background check on you and everything else to make sure it all checks out.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Center For Discovery (Fairfield, CT).

Interview

Easy interview. I met with the Facility Manager and the Program Director. They were both super friendly to me. They did both show up to interview almost 30 minutes late. I was seated in the formal while I waited for interview to start. Interview was very relaxed. Took about 15-30 minutes. They spoke mostly about what the company has to offer instead of what my particular role would be. They spoke alot about how I could move into a therapist role very quickly (I mentioned in person and on resume that I was going for my masters so I could be a therapist and would be graduating in 2 years).

From the time I submitted the application to my first day of the job, it took approximately 5 weeks.

Registered Dietitian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Center For Discovery (Greenwich, CT) in August 2017.

Interview

Basically, first you have a screening phone call from a representative from the national office. Then you interview with the director of the actual location where you want to work. Finally, you will be invited back to shadow for the position. Your offer/rejection will come once all applicants have completed their shadowing.

Interview Questions

• Why I'd like to enter the ED field   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Center For Discovery (Fairfield, CT) in August 2017.

Interview

The initial phone interview asked me about my educational background and work experience. Then when I was interviewed in person, they asked more direct questions that were specific to the job. e.i, running therapeutic groups, eating with clients, prepping food, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if you saw a client self-harming?   1 Answer

Facility Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Center For Discovery in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was very nice and easy to talk to. The interview was about 1 hour long and I was able to view the facility. Initially, it did take a while (about 1.5 months) to hear back and set up the interview in person.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Center For Discovery (Bellevue, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

applied online, got phone call, came in for interview, interviewed with 2 people, was offered job after two weeks, had to do offer letter and pre hire screening. people from california were not aware of what needed to be done in washington and did not provide paperwork needed or describe job accurately.

Counselor II Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Center For Discovery (McLean, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Someone from HR reached out to me over the phone. I called them and left a voicemail. I got a returned call within a week. My point of contact was very realistic, which I really appreciated. She was open with me and told me about the job culture and the amount of pay I would likely get.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to follow/model our all foods fit program/style   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Center For Discovery (Long Beach, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Meeting with clinical director and facilities manager. Just be open and honest. Describe your desire to help people. Be friendly and approachable. Don't be afraid to speak your truth. They are really good listeners and want to know that you can handle the kids.

Interview Questions

• Typical stuff. How have you managed conflicts in the past? What types of population have you worked with? Are you in recovery?   Answer Question

Overnight Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Center For Discovery (McLean, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

Easy interview, one on one in a casual setting. Met at the house I would be working at. The house was vacant and there were boxes and displaced furniture everywhere. My interviewer wore a t-shirt and jeans. She made me feel comfortable and less nervous.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a passion for working with individuals with mental health diagnoses?   1 Answer