Center For Discovery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 23, 2018

2.1

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Center For Discovery (La Jolla, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very quick. Interview only lasted about 15 minutes. Asked very simple and straightforward questions about why I wanted to work in mental health and my qualifications. I received a call back the next day.

Drug and Alcohol Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Center For Discovery (Whittier, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

It was easy a few years ago when I was hired. Was initially screened by the Clinical Coordinator then sent to the Director for interview. There were the usual hoop of background check, fingerprinting and health screening that have become ubiquitous. I think from start to finish it took about a month.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if two clients got into a physical altercation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked the minimum I was willing to work for. I had not yet finished my training as a drug and alcohol counselor so I bid low. It's a real shame I did that because there is no set wage for the position, and the max increase for "superior" performance after a year is 6%, even though I have substantially more education now. But then some employees got no increase at all this year.

Diet Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Center For Discovery (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for the DT position on a Saturday. By Tuesday I had a call about an interview and Wed I sat down with a Project Manager to interview. She didn't really ask me a lot of questions... She talked most of the time giving me information. Interview was very laid back but I wish she had shown more interest in who I am and my professional goals.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience redirecting eating behaviors in the moment?   1 Answer

Primary Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Center For Discovery.

Interview

Found position listed online (Craigslist). 2 separate interviews in person, one on site and the other at the corporate offices. The employees hiring me were very warm and helpful, although it was somewhat disorganized and stressful making sure all my paperwork/applications/clearances, etc. were in order.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my personal experience with eating disorders.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked my salaray preferences

Primary Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Center For Discovery (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was good, but the communication was poor, I felt like it was a good interview but didn't hear back with an offer or for a second interview until about a month after interviewing. I had given up and they had wanted to offer me a full time job.

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Center For Discovery (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The first stage of the interview was a ten minuet phone screening. the second stage is selected is an over the phone interview. There is the option of a video call interview for stage two. There is a stage there if you request or are requested to meet with the current staff at that location.

Facility Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Center For Discovery in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was very nice and easy to talk to. The interview was about 1 hour long and I was able to view the facility. Initially, it did take a while (about 1.5 months) to hear back and set up the interview in person.

Counselor Interview

Interview

Found job posting on indeed.com and was recommended by a friend. Set up interview via email. Interviewed with the facility administrator and program director. They asked me about my past experience and my career goals for the future. They told me they would let me know by Friday (interview was on Monday). I was called on Tuesday and was offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Center For Discovery (Whittier, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview was basic. There where a few "tell me about a time questions" and that was about it. Interview lasted maybe 20 minutes and that was mostly because I asked a lot of questions. I received a tour of the facility and then completed a paper application. After I was offered the job I had to complete a Live Scan, Drug Test and Background check. This process to about 3 weeks however it was during the holiday time so I think it would have gone faster had it been another time of year

Negotiation

They said the position was paying between $12-$14 an hour. I only had 6 months experience at the time so I asked for $13. They ended up offering me $12 with a review and raise after 6 months. To this day (nearly 2 years later) I have yet to receive a review because the turn over is so high my manager keeps changing.

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Center For Discovery (Whittier, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

This interview was by far the most casual interviews I had undergone in my field of Social Work. Interviewer asked typical questions, but did not necessarily want to hear my answer. They dominated the conversation most of the time. Had too much of a casual tone and topics of conversation that felt very unprofessional. Pros and cons to this experience, but mostly cons. Turned down the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Weakness, Strengths, etc.
      What skills do you bring, seriously easy questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable.