Center For Discovery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Center For Discovery Interview Questions

Updated Sep 30, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Center For Discovery (Fairfield, CT).

Interview

Easy interview. I met with the Facility Manager and the Program Director. They were both super friendly to me. They did both show up to interview almost 30 minutes late. I was seated in the formal while I waited for interview to start. Interview was very relaxed. Took about 15-30 minutes. They spoke mostly about what the company has to offer instead of what my particular role would be. They spoke alot about how I could move into a therapist role very quickly (I mentioned in person and on resume that I was going for my masters so I could be a therapist and would be graduating in 2 years).

From the time I submitted the application to my first day of the job, it took approximately 5 weeks.

Registered Dietitian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Center For Discovery (Greenwich, CT) in August 2017.

Interview

Basically, first you have a screening phone call from a representative from the national office. Then you interview with the director of the actual location where you want to work. Finally, you will be invited back to shadow for the position. Your offer/rejection will come once all applicants have completed their shadowing.

Interview Questions

• Why I'd like to enter the ED field   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Center For Discovery (Fairfield, CT) in August 2017.

Interview

The initial phone interview asked me about my educational background and work experience. Then when I was interviewed in person, they asked more direct questions that were specific to the job. e.i, running therapeutic groups, eating with clients, prepping food, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if you saw a client self-harming?   1 Answer

Facility Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Center For Discovery in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was very nice and easy to talk to. The interview was about 1 hour long and I was able to view the facility. Initially, it did take a while (about 1.5 months) to hear back and set up the interview in person.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Center For Discovery (Bellevue, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

applied online, got phone call, came in for interview, interviewed with 2 people, was offered job after two weeks, had to do offer letter and pre hire screening. people from california were not aware of what needed to be done in washington and did not provide paperwork needed or describe job accurately.

Counselor II Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Center For Discovery (McLean, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Someone from HR reached out to me over the phone. I called them and left a voicemail. I got a returned call within a week. My point of contact was very realistic, which I really appreciated. She was open with me and told me about the job culture and the amount of pay I would likely get.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to follow/model our all foods fit program/style   1 Answer

Counselor I/II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Center For Discovery (Whittier, CA).

Interview

Was interviewed by two people. Was asked to tell about myself and why I was interested in the position. Lasted about 20-30 minutes if that. The interviewer was calm and relaxed, which helped me to be more comfortable with answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions were asked on how to handle various situations with clients.   Answer Question

Declined due to pay.

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Center For Discovery (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The first stage of the interview was a ten minuet phone screening. the second stage is selected is an over the phone interview. There is the option of a video call interview for stage two. There is a stage there if you request or are requested to meet with the current staff at that location.

Diet Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Center For Discovery (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for the DT position on a Saturday. By Tuesday I had a call about an interview and Wed I sat down with a Project Manager to interview. She didn't really ask me a lot of questions... She talked most of the time giving me information. Interview was very laid back but I wish she had shown more interest in who I am and my professional goals.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience redirecting eating behaviors in the moment?   1 Answer

Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Center For Discovery.

Interview

The interview was in-person at the facility and lasted about 30 minutes. I was given a tour of the facility while I was there. I heard back early the next week that they were interested in hiring me and was given information on the rest of the hiring process, which included getting a physical, TB test, and 10 panel drug screen, as well as other paperwork some requiring a notary. Overall, the interview was a standard interview that focused on my desire to work in the field and how my skills/experience has prepared me to take on the responsibilities of the position.