Central Transport Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Central Transport Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.3

Driver Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Central Transport.

Interview

I Applied For The Line Haul Driver Position. It Took About A Week Or Two Before They Got Back To Me. They Offered The Job But I Am Still Looking Right Now.

Line Haul Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Central Transport (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Explained in detailed the position. Able to ask any question. The hiring manager was very know full and honest. Interview went very quick and mvr requested within few minutes everything was set and done and I was sent to the clinic. the next day I was called and told that I was approved to start. This company understood that I had to give my current employer 3 weeks notice and worked with me withut no issues

Local Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Central Transport (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Fill out a huge application. Then do a phone interview. Then a drug test, and a physical. Then hired. This company is NOT worth working at. Their trailers are NOT road worthy.

Interview Questions

• Willing to work in the truck and on the dock.   1 Answer

Biller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Interview

The woman who interviewed me was super nice and easy to talk to. Made me felt less anxious since it was my first time applying for a job. You can dress casual during the interview. Would be nice if you were in dress shirt and pants (I did), but someone else who was also being interviews was dress in jeans but a nice button down. HR was friendly and we ended up talking about things that weren't related to the job. Interview was shorter than I thought it would be. Would've been shorter if we didn't talk about random things. I think the overall process was less than an hour. Ber short and easy.

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Central Transport (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

Fill out application, get an interview on the spot with a recruiter in the warehouse. They copy your license & SS card, and fax it all over to the recruiter center. After they discussed my background I listed, they asked me about my skills, etc. The recruiter sent me to the drug screen that same afternoon, after about an hour of talking with him. I took the test, and brought back the form for him. He said it would be 3 days or less and I could get approved. Pretty fast, process.

Interview Questions

• He asked me all kinds of questions about the toll motor.   1 Answer
    • He asked me where I saw myself in ten years.   1 Answer
    • He asked me how many years I been running a fork lift.   1 Answer
    • He asked me, if I had good transportation to get to work.   1 Answer
    • He asked me if I could turn skids.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Central Transport (New York, NY).

Interview

Too much emphasis on the personality test and years of experience were ignored. Will try to fit you in a box despite contradictions. Skill set not taken into consideration and will try to place someone the opposite of what is on the resume.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Central Transport (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Very thorough interview. I completed a phone screen with an HR Generalist and was contacted by the HR Manager for follow up. From that point I completed a face-to-face interview at the domicile location with the Sales Manager and had a final interview with the HR Manager. The HR Manager I interviewed with was interested in my educational and professional background and took the time to explain the company, position and growth potential.

Interview Questions

• They asked situational questions to understand my sales style and how I would prepare for my clients.   1 Answer

Dock/Forklift Operator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Central Transport in April 2016.

Interview

I walked in and applied.
    Did the application and had a little interview. They ask about my past work history if I had any experience with what I'm applying for. Told me about the hours and shifts available and starting pay rate.
    Got to take a drug test physical test background check etc. Manager and supervisors there are cool. No offer yet still waiting.... :D

Interview Questions

• Do you have forklift experience and how many years?   1 Answer

LTL Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Central Transport (Rockford, IL).

Interview

The hiring process was pretty straightforward and the majority of the time spent was revisiting past experiences to ensure an adequate amount of previous experience could be verified. It was a great company to work for if you don't mind unknown hours.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have driving professionally?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Central Transport (Warren, MI).

Interview

This was a pretty corporate interview. I was there about 2-2.5 hours for my interview. Requires a 3 question timed 20 minute essay. It's easy. Then what I would assume a test to see if your dyslexic. Then you meet with HR, be prepared to answer every little thing about your resume. The ask you about your parents, old co workers, references, what your spouse does for a living. Then if they like you you move on to another interview with the supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled it   Answer Question
    • What are some qualities your boss would say about you   Answer Question
    • Strengths / weaknesses   Answer Question
    • What you like / don't like about your current job   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself / what you like to do for fun and in your free time   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.