Central Transport Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Central Transport Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2018

2.3

Road Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Central Transport.

Interview

App filled out at terminal. Spoke to a hr person and job was described and all perks. then I went to clinic and two days later - they called and I got a job.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work at night? Is your driving rec clean? Can you get hazmat and tanker endorsed?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Central Transport.

Interview

>Phone Interview
    > Video Chat Interview
    >Interview with Sales Director

The interview process went very smooth. Everyone was very informative and interesting. Sales experience is a plus but not required. They are looking for people that are willing to put the work and that have go get it attitude. They offer a very good commission package.

Line Haul Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Central Transport (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

HR representative was very detailed and straight to the point. Gave explanation of benefits, what the job consist of, training program and specially very detailed about the pay periods and training/delay/breakdown pay. Make sure that I corrected some things in the application and was very helpful and understanding. took the time to even look up some telephone numbers of some employers that I did not have written down

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to obtain endorsements needed. How long have I been driving. Reasons for leaving prior jobs   1 Answer

Linehaul Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Central Transport (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

Fill out paperwork, management reads it, calls hr, gets appproval, sends you off for drug test, hired same week. If you can get past the insecure and passive aggressive dominating personality of the terminal manager and win his liking you are gold, at least for the first two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do think you would be a good fit for the company?   1 Answer

Billing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Central Transport (Sterling Heights, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

1) You are given 3 essay questions (critical thinking)
    2) Then you are given a speed test with the number pad
    3) After you head to the interviewing room and are interviewed based on resume

Driver Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Central Transport.

Interview

I Applied For The Line Haul Driver Position. It Took About A Week Or Two Before They Got Back To Me. They Offered The Job But I Am Still Looking Right Now.

Line Haul Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Central Transport (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Explained in detailed the position. Able to ask any question. The hiring manager was very know full and honest. Interview went very quick and mvr requested within few minutes everything was set and done and I was sent to the clinic. the next day I was called and told that I was approved to start. This company understood that I had to give my current employer 3 weeks notice and worked with me withut no issues

Local Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Central Transport (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Fill out a huge application. Then do a phone interview. Then a drug test, and a physical. Then hired. This company is NOT worth working at. Their trailers are NOT road worthy.

Interview Questions

• Willing to work in the truck and on the dock.   1 Answer

Biller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Interview

The woman who interviewed me was super nice and easy to talk to. Made me felt less anxious since it was my first time applying for a job. You can dress casual during the interview. Would be nice if you were in dress shirt and pants (I did), but someone else who was also being interviews was dress in jeans but a nice button down. HR was friendly and we ended up talking about things that weren't related to the job. Interview was shorter than I thought it would be. Would've been shorter if we didn't talk about random things. I think the overall process was less than an hour. Ber short and easy.

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Central Transport (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

Fill out application, get an interview on the spot with a recruiter in the warehouse. They copy your license & SS card, and fax it all over to the recruiter center. After they discussed my background I listed, they asked me about my skills, etc. The recruiter sent me to the drug screen that same afternoon, after about an hour of talking with him. I took the test, and brought back the form for him. He said it would be 3 days or less and I could get approved. Pretty fast, process.

Interview Questions

• He asked me all kinds of questions about the toll motor.   1 Answer
    • He asked me where I saw myself in ten years.   1 Answer
    • He asked me how many years I been running a fork lift.   1 Answer
    • He asked me, if I had good transportation to get to work.   1 Answer
    • He asked me if I could turn skids.   1 Answer