Central Transport Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2017

2.3

Linehaul Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Central Transport (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

Fill out paperwork, management reads it, calls hr, gets appproval, sends you off for drug test, hired same week. If you can get past the insecure and passive aggressive dominating personality of the terminal manager and win his liking you are gold, at least for the first two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do think you would be a good fit for the company?   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Central Transport.

Interview

I Applied For The Line Haul Driver Position. It Took About A Week Or Two Before They Got Back To Me. They Offered The Job But I Am Still Looking Right Now.

Line Haul Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Central Transport (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Explained in detailed the position. Able to ask any question. The hiring manager was very know full and honest. Interview went very quick and mvr requested within few minutes everything was set and done and I was sent to the clinic. the next day I was called and told that I was approved to start. This company understood that I had to give my current employer 3 weeks notice and worked with me withut no issues

Local Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Central Transport (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Fill out a huge application. Then do a phone interview. Then a drug test, and a physical. Then hired. This company is NOT worth working at. Their trailers are NOT road worthy.

Interview Questions

• Willing to work in the truck and on the dock.   1 Answer

Biller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Interview

The woman who interviewed me was super nice and easy to talk to. Made me felt less anxious since it was my first time applying for a job. You can dress casual during the interview. Would be nice if you were in dress shirt and pants (I did), but someone else who was also being interviews was dress in jeans but a nice button down. HR was friendly and we ended up talking about things that weren't related to the job. Interview was shorter than I thought it would be. Would've been shorter if we didn't talk about random things. I think the overall process was less than an hour. Ber short and easy.

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Central Transport (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

Fill out application, get an interview on the spot with a recruiter in the warehouse. They copy your license & SS card, and fax it all over to the recruiter center. After they discussed my background I listed, they asked me about my skills, etc. The recruiter sent me to the drug screen that same afternoon, after about an hour of talking with him. I took the test, and brought back the form for him. He said it would be 3 days or less and I could get approved. Pretty fast, process.

Interview Questions

• He asked me all kinds of questions about the toll motor.   1 Answer
    • He asked me where I saw myself in ten years.   1 Answer
    • He asked me how many years I been running a fork lift.   1 Answer
    • He asked me, if I had good transportation to get to work.   1 Answer
    • He asked me if I could turn skids.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Central Transport (New York, NY).

Interview

Too much emphasis on the personality test and years of experience were ignored. Will try to fit you in a box despite contradictions. Skill set not taken into consideration and will try to place someone the opposite of what is on the resume.

Part Time Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Central Transport (Sacramento, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Relaxed, non stressful , open and honest , bo pressure kind of interview . With a Manager who has been involved in the Logistics business for many years with alot of knowledge

Linehaul Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Central Transport (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

They hire everyone who applies for a job. Drivers don't stay at this company for a long time. All drivers quit within 6 months or maximum 1 year. As soon as you apply you basically already got a job.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any questions. Do you have driver's license?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Central Transport (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Very thorough interview. I completed a phone screen with an HR Generalist and was contacted by the HR Manager for follow up. From that point I completed a face-to-face interview at the domicile location with the Sales Manager and had a final interview with the HR Manager. The HR Manager I interviewed with was interested in my educational and professional background and took the time to explain the company, position and growth potential.

Interview Questions

• They asked situational questions to understand my sales style and how I would prepare for my clients.   1 Answer