Centric Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Centric Consulting

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centric Consulting.

Interview

Interview process is really simple. I got a call from HR and they scheduled a Skype round with the interviewer. Got through the same, HR confirmed the selection and then scheduled a telephonic round. Got the confirmation in 2-3 days

Interview Questions

• In first round, guy asked me to write an xpath for a particular element(customized xpath). Next he asked me to write a program where it returns the number if the same is not divisible by 3. Then multiple questions on Manual testing.

In second round, I was asked to give test cases for Sign In module. Then few questions related to the error that we encounter during script execution in selenium.

Overall experience is good, they look for the skills wherein you have the capability to identify a problem and give a better approach to solve the same.   Answer Question

Jan 13, 2020

Thank you for sharing your experience of interviewing with Centric. I'm very happy to hear that it was a positive experience. Welcome to the team!

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Centric Consulting.

Interview

Got a Linkedin message from a recruiter. We had a phone call and the recruiter was very grumpy and rude. He wasn't interested in hearing my questions, constantly talked over me. He kept talking and talking and told me he was "only" pipelining and "might" hire me after 6 months or something. I asked him what kind of project would I be engaged as a data engineer, he said he didn't care about the first project, only cared about the second project. I wasn't asking what YOU care about. I asked if the salary would be market competitive, since it's consulting, he was very rude to respond to my question how it shouldn't be discussed. In case you don't know, recruiters around here DO GIVE a ball park range and whether it's market competitive. I'd never be interested in working in this company and I will tell others about my experience as well.

Interview Questions

• Didn't ask me any questions. Kept talking about what he brings to the table.   Answer Question

Jul 2, 2020 – National Talent Acquisition Lead

I'm so sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience. We don't ever want any person we interact with to feel this way. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and would be happy to discuss further if you would like. Please feel free to reach out directly to me (fiona.flaks@centricconsulting.com).

Solutions Architect Interview

Interview

There is no clear process, the recruiter was so rude and even him he is not sure about the process and steps, got 3 interviews from 3 different people and the last one was a guy from Marketing. the hierarchy is not defined and they will not know or tell you even who's the hiring manager

Interview Questions

Centric Consulting Response

Jul 2, 2020 – National Talent Acquisition Lead

I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience interviewing with us. What you mention is not in line with the standards or philosophies we strive for within our recruiting team. Please accept my sincerest apologies. If you would like to discuss further, feel free to reach out to me directly (fiona.flaks@centricconsulting.com).

Senior Dot Net Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Centric Consulting (New York, NY) in November 2019.

Interview

Hi was referred by friend and I got call from HR . There was walking. First reach there he give a paper for written exam.she said it's first round after that will take face to face interview.
    Interview was good. I also got breakfast by company and also got reimbursement of ola cab bill. this time I was not prepared so I was not selected next time i hope will selected

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Centric Consulting (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Meet with several (4-5) Centric team members from various levels of the organization. Had conversations about potential roles, Centric as a firm, and how my background would add value to Centric clients. Long process, but worth it! Helps hire people that are aligned with Centric values.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you ran a large scale project, and what challenges did you have to overcome?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centric Consulting in May 2019.

Interview

Detailed interview process but conversational. Met with a total of three interviewers and opportunity to speak with other members of the team. All were from different departments within Centric Consulting.

Interview Questions

• What is most important to you that a company holds in high regard?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Centric Consulting.

Interview

I applied online. Within a week, HR contacted me to set up a phone interview. Over the next few weeks, I completed a couple round of in-person interviews, generally meeting at a coffee shop or near a client site because Centric does not have its own office.

Friendly, sharp, strong communicators - I was impressed with everyone I met. Too bad they didn't have the right project for my skills at the time.

Interview Questions

Centric Consulting Response

May 7, 2019 – National Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to meet with us and I'm happy to hear that you had a positive experience with our team. Keep checking out our website and hopefully, we'll have a great position for you in the future.

Power BI Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centric Consulting (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview was a 3 stage process:

1st stage - phone interview. Nothing too complex. Behavioral questions.

2nd stage - interview in person with both the recruiter and the D&A Lead. Recruiter went over broad perspective of position and specifically, how consulting firms were different. Then, interview with D&A Lead was both behavioral and technical questions. A lot of questions were “what would you do” and “how would you solve.”

3rd stage - interview with the client. Overall, just wanted to know my skill set and if it would ultimately be beneficial to the company.

The whole interview process was around 2.5 to 3 weeks. Overall, good experience and no complaints.

Interview Questions

Centric Consulting Response

Jun 14, 2019 – National Talent Acquisition Lead

Digital Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Centric Consulting (New York, NY).

Interview

At first I was very excited to receive a request for an interview, but some weird things transpired that made me uneasy about the company structure. First I was called without having the recruiter confirm an appropriate time to do so. Then, at the end of the call I was accidentally told 'i love you'.

This comes off as a very loosely structured business with low standards of professionalism.

It was a very strange experience.

Interview Questions

• How would your current employer react if you were to leave the same day as being hired at Centric.   Answer Question

Jan 22, 2018 – Talent Acquistion Lead

I am so sorry for the negative interview experience. What you mention is not in line with the standards or philosophies we strive for within our recruiting team. Please accept my sincerest apologies. If you would like to discuss further, feel free to reach out to me directly (carmen.fontana@centricconsulting.com) - Carmen Fontana, Talent Acquisition Lead

Big Data Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centric Consulting in December 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by several of the staff at Centric Consulting, starting at the HR person with a basic screening. Then moving onto several with the direct report, which involved performing a SQL assessment in between and even assisted them on advice on a product that would solve a problem that they were experiencing. And finally, I was offered an opportunity in talking to one of the peers of the position, which turned out to be more of an interviewing of me and did not give me much opportunity to ask about the position, the company or the direct report. The end of the interviews result in a response that they were interested in me (as passed on by the HR person), but they had just taken on an assistant to the direct report and wanted to wait until that person had been onboarded (a couple of weeks expectation). After a month I tried following up with an email. I did not receive any response to the email. I again tried phoning the HR person, they did not take my call or return my voice message I left. Further emails were sent, resulting in them being read, but no response. I get it that they might have changed their minds about me, but it would be courteous to drop a simple email just letting me know, especially seeing that I had been through a total of more than 6 hours’ worth of interviews, not counting the time spent on the assessment. It is now 6 months after the whole process and I had moved on a long time ago, but I thought I would leave an update for future applicants looking at the position (Big Data Architect), which they are still advertising today, to just let the applicants know what type of people they are dealing with.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, nothing that one would not expect.   Answer Question
    • SQL Assessment Questions:
      The data model below shows relationships between tables. You will need to understand these tables to develop SQL queries that answer the questions. All columns except Primary Key (PK) columns should be assumed to be nullable.
      Sample data for each of the tables (Sales, Product, SalesReturnReason) is shown below. A complete set of data is included in the attached Excel Spreadsheet. This spreadsheet data may be imported into your database of choice.

Question 1
      Write a SQL Query that will return the total amount of sales by product category, for the month of December 2013.
      • Your query should return 2 columns: ProductCategory, SalesAmount.
      • Your query should produce a 2-row result set, including the following row and 1 additional row that is not shown:

Question 2
      Write a SQL Query that returns the total amount of returns for reasons that were our fault (OurFault = “Y”) regardless of whether the items were physically returned (Returned = “Y”)
      • Your query should return one column: Sales.
      • Your query should produce a 1-row result set looking like the following:

Question 3
      Write a SQL Query that will show total sales for the top 4 product subcategories, including ties (see note below) based on 2013 sales.
      • A NULL ProductSubCategory should be listed as “Unknown”.
      • In the event of a tie within the top 4, both records should be included.
      • Your query should return 3 columns: ProductSubCategory, Sales and SalesRank.
      • Your query should produce a 4-row result set including the following 2 records and 2 additional rows that are not shown:

Question 4
      Write a SQL Query that will show all transactions where a customer purchased a Hydration Pack (ProductSubCategory = " Hydration Packs") and their previous purchase -- based on TransactionTimestamp -- was a Water Bottle or Cage (ProductSubCategory = "Bottles and Cages").
      • Your query should return 6 columns: TransactionID, CustomerName, ProductSubCategory, PriorProductSubCategory, TransactionTimestamp, and SalesAmount.
      • Your query should produce a 3 row result set that includes these 2-rows and 1 additional row that is not shown:

Question 5
      Write a SQL Query that will return total sales by product category and year.
      • Write the SQL query without using a CASE statement
      • A NULL ProductCategory should be listed as “Unknown”.
      • Your query should return 4 columns: ProductCategory, 2012, 2013, and 2014. Each of the year columns will show the total sales amount for that year.
      • Your query should produce a 4-row result set including the 2 rows below, and 2 additional rows that are not shown:   1 Answer

Independent Contractor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centric Consulting.

Interview

I applied online through their website and a few days later received a request to schedule a time for a phone interview. The person I spoke with was very professional and warm.

Interview Questions

Centric Consulting Response

Aug 14, 2017 – Talent Acquistion Lead

Thanks for taking the time to chat with our team! Independent Contractors are an important part of our workforce and we value our relationships with them. I encourage you to stay in touch with your recruiter - our needs are always changing and they may be opportunities to collaborate in the future. Best wishes, Carmen Fontana