Centric Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Centric Consulting (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very informal. The first interview was a conversation in a coffee shop about what the company stands for, how they do business, and what they're trying to accomplish. I came with plenty of prepared questions for my interviewer, but the conversation flowed so naturally that I don't think I got to half of them.

At the end of the first interview, I was told that there would be one more technical interview. I was also told that I could get access to anyone in the company if I wanted to talk to them more about their experience and the company - which is a very transparent move for the company.

Before the second interview, I went through some basic training for all of the technologies mentioned in the first interview. However, none of that was needed, since the technical interview was almost as informal as the first - with the exception that it took place over the phone rather than in person. This interview was mostly about my technical background. It probably would have lasted less than 15 minutes, if I hadn't drawn it out with my own list of questions for the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous experience   1 Answer

Sep 13, 2018 – National Recruiting Lead

Thank you for your review. It is great to see that you were able to get a strong feel for our company culture during the interview process. Transparency is one of our greatest attributes and it shone... More

ITSM Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centric Consulting (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 people over a period of 2 months due to scheduling issues. One phone interview, 3 in-person interviews where we met at a local Starbuck's. Met with HR, Practice Leads, and Business Unit Lead.

Very laid back interview style but very in-depth questioning. They certainly wanted to know if I could do the job but more importantly, they wanted to know if I would be able to fit into their culture.

They are very transparent in their communications and they want to make sure that their staff handles things in the same manner. They shared a great deal about the work they do but equally as important, what they do in the community and for their employees.

It is a very open structure with no real hierarchy and so everyone has the opportunity to reach out to anyone in the company to discuss things, even to the original partners of the organization who are very much a part of the every day fabric of the organization.

As I mentioned, the process seemed to drag out a bit but once you are on board, you have a better appreciation as to why they go through the process they do in hiring people. Although it took some time, the communication in between interviews was good and HR did a good job of responding in a timely manner to my queries.

Interview Questions

• What other skills or qualities do I possess that would be beneficial in the other practice areas outside of the one which is associated with the job that I was applying for?   Answer Question

Aug 15, 2017 – Talent Acquistion Lead

"Laid-back" and "transparent" are exactly what we go for in our interview questions. We find that's the best way to find out who you really are AND for you to find out who we really are. I'm glad... More

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Centric Consulting in November 2016.

Interview

I applied to a job posting on glassdoor in Louisville, KY for a Java Developer. I never heard of this company before but decided to check it out based on reviews.

I received a call one month after I applied. The recruiter told me all the positions were in the Cincinnati, OH. I'm not sure if they wanted people to travel or relocate but the job posting had none of this important information in it.

I was put off that they posted a job listed in one market for a jobs somewhere else. If the job posting listed the information, (travel, relocation etc) that would be fine and more respectful of applicants time.

Interview Questions

Centric Consulting Response

Nov 10, 2016 – Talent Acquistion Lead

I am sorry that you had a frustrating experience. We have noticed that sometimes our national job postings sometimes appear "local" on job boards such as Glassdoor and Indeed. We are looking into... More

Shared Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centric Consulting (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

Dealing with Centric has been a unique experience, from the first contact they made with me until now. After submitting my resume for a posted position, I was contacted by a professional talent acquisition manager, Carmen, and not just a recruiter. She was knowledgeable, asked open ended questions, and related to my answers. The position I applied for was a newly created position and I did have a question she did not have an answer to. At the conclusion of our call, she let me know the next steps in the process. Carmen then followed up with an email and made arrangements to move forward. That email also had the answer to the question I had asked the day before.

We stayed in constant communication throughout the process, with emails and calls, which made me comfortable. I knew when to expect a response and what would be expected next.

Carmen was candid in her discussions with me. Centric believes in a transparency which is not what I was accustomed to in this industry. I found this to be the case with all of the individuals who interviewed me. Having that visibility, good and bad, was reassuring when I made my final decision.

Interviews with Centric can be in person or phone. Without a central office, my interviews were held via the phone. It was no different than other screening calls I may have had in the past, and again, with their philosophy of being transparent, it was comfortable start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Centric is seeking the right candidates for their culture; those who value what they hold dear, people who are committed to the cause. Skills are also important, but unlike most midwest IT companies, they are determined to make the workplace one that people envy - and they have! Work/life balance. It's real here. They encourage it from the top down. So don't expect the typical "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" but be prepared for something geared toward the type of character you have, how you deal with people, problems, and stress.   1 Answer

Aug 14, 2017 – Talent Acquistion Lead

I am so happy you had a positive experience and chose us! - Carmen Fontana

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centric Consulting.

Interview

Met with company partners, then project leads.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Centric Consulting (Redmond, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next day from an internal recruiter. We scheduled a time for the phone screen. It was 30 minutes and included explaining for about the job and going over my background. I was invited in for a 2 hour interview with the Business Unit Lead, Operations manager and Sr. Program Manager.I got feedback a few days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked situational questions, how i would handle clients and react to certain things.   Answer Question

Oct 3, 2016 – Talent Acquistion Lead

Thanks for sharing your interview experience - it helps other candidates as they are going through the process. Congrats on your Centric offer and welcome to the team! - Carmen Fontana

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Centric Consulting (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Not structured.
    You most likely know more than the person interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• Who are you friends with in Centric and/or who referred you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The Partners are seriously greedy and will fight with you as to why you don't deserve what you think you are worth.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Centric Consulting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I completed two phone screens. I then had several face to face interviews at a local Starbucks, a week - 3 weeks apart. One interviewer failed to put the interview on his schedule and we had to reschedule. After 4 of these interviews (meeting with the head of the practice), I have heard nothing back (6 weeks).

Interview Questions

• What do you value in a job?   1 Answer

Oct 3, 2016 – Talent Acquistion Lead

I am so sorry that you did not have a good experience interviewing with Centric. It sounds like we dropped the ball communication-wise this time. If you feel comfortable, you are welcome to reach out... More

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Centric Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

There is no process - you will be subjected to being run to meet at different Starbuck's locations (really bad venue for interviews). Be prepared to invest a ton of time offering information about your experience and engagements. They will offer very little in terms of insight into their operation. Be prepared for each interviewer to be late or involved in a call while you try and guess who you're meeting.

Interview Questions

• How was your project structured?
      How did you manage communication?   Answer Question

Oct 3, 2016 – National Talent Acquistion Manager

I never want a candidate to have a bad experience interviewing at Centric, so I am disappointed that we let you down. If you are willing, I would like to learn additional detail about your situation... More

Accounting Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centric Consulting in February 2017.

Interview

I had talked with a recruiter for about 15 minutes over the phone. I tried to summarize my experience in account payable because this position is going to oversee the account payable function. I am a CPA and have over ten years of experiences in all accounting areas. The recruiter interrupted me before I can finish stating my applicable experiences and asked me what else drew me to apply for this company. I told her that I was very impressed by the company president actually took the time to reply to Glassdoor comments, which shows how much the company management cares for the team. And more importantly, the company's promotion of creativity and synergy is the biggest draw. I have been looking for such a company for a long time.

Interview Questions

• What drew me to apply to this company?   1 Answer

May 2, 2017 – Talent Acquistion Lead

I am sorry that you felt your interview was rushed. Screening interviews are always tough because there is so much ground to cover in such a short period of time. Unfortunately, that means that... More

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Centric Consulting (Campus, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus and had an on campus interview for 30minutes. Just some questions about my experience and the recruiter talked about their current works.The whole interview has nothing to do with techniques. I am just not the kind of people they are looking for

Interview Questions

• Tell me about why you said you are sensitive to the new technologies.   Answer Question

Mar 30, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for participating in our Campus Recruiting program. Unfortunately we can only hire a limited number of entry level candidates. However, we have many more openings for experienced... More