Certified Laboratories Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Certified Laboratories

2.5

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainview, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Certified Laboratories (Plainview, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

They called me and conducted a phone interview. They then had me come in for an on site interview. The place was dumpy and smelled funny. The department manager asked me a bunch of strange questions and did not act like he knew what he was doing. It turns out he had only been there for a few months himself.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Lab Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Certified Laboratories.

Interview

I was interviewed by someone not even from the department I was applying for. The interview lasted 5 minutes maximum, and then they showed me around the place. It was brief but seemed like the easiest, shortest interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Believe it or not, I was not asked anything beyond "can you work overtime if needed?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations, they made all the calls, and made every decision on the terms of my employment. I needed a job so I agreed to pretty much everything.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Certified Laboratories.

Interview

They asked me to fill out an application form and then I waited around half an hour to be called to see HR rep. I waited another 30 minutes to talk to the department manager. I was supposed to see another person but that person wasn't available so that was it for me.

Interview Questions

Certified Laboratories Response

Nov 7, 2016

Based on the date of your review it appears that you applied during our Open House. We were very pleased with the number of applicants who came in and applied for a position. In fact there were... More

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Certified Laboratories (Melville, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

pretty straight forward, not many technical questions. More questions about you as a person if anything. Stuff like, "What would you do in an employee conflict" or "Would you consider yourself a leader." Really simple stuff like that. This interview was followed by a small tour of the facility.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Certified Laboratories.

Interview

Quick and simple interview. Was not asked a lot of questions. It was not a typical interview, it was easy because they did most of talking. It might be different now since I was interviewed several years ago.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Certified Laboratories.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the HR representative from their HQ's who asked some generic questions about my resume. Had a follow-up in-person interview on-site with the department supervisor and lab director. I was given a tour of the facility and some general information on the types of testing done.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult/unexpected questions. Most were in regards to any previous experience, my personality, work ethic and willingness to work overtime.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Entry-level job.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainview, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Certified Laboratories (Plainview, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

One of the worst interviews I have ever been on. The interviewer had no experience, was rude and projected an ignorance. They must not have a nepitism policy because this one must be related to someone to be in that position. If I could discribe the process in one word: ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Questions were inappropriate. I was embrassed for her. I asked three question, all three she responded with "I don't know."   1 Answer

Mar 21, 2016

We apologize for the bad interview you experienced. Based on feedback from you and other candidates we have evaluated our interview process and are in the process of making changes.

Thank you... More

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainview, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Certified Laboratories (Plainview, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

went for an interview before Christmas and did not hear back until a month later and they brought me in on the day of a snow storm and said I would hear back either way and it is a month later and never did. very inconsiderate and the interview questions were very personal and asked detailed questions about my health, what I do on personal time and what I did and didn't like about my last boss.

Mar 16, 2016

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your interview experience with us. We're sorry that your experience was negative. We strive to do our best and your feedback will enable us to make... More

Maintenance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainview, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Certified Laboratories (Plainview, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

It Took Three Weeks Of Phone Tag, Before I Was Asked To Come In For An Interview. I Was Out Of Town, But We Made An Appointment For The Following Week. Monday Morning, I Received An Email, Stating They Hired Someone Else. What A Waste Of My Time And Effort

Interview Questions

Certified Laboratories Response

Jun 13, 2016

During the interview process Certified Laboratories continually seeks the right candidate for the right position and when we believe we have found that candidate we make a job offer. Once an offer... More

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Certified Laboratories (New York, NY).

Interview

Very drawn out process that spanned 2 months. Included 3 face to face interviews and a very long personality/ skills assessment. After positive feedback from everyone I interviewed with and an admission the CEO wanted to hire me, I was passed over on a single small issue the hiring manager had with me. Wasted my time and not serious about hiring.

Interview Questions

Certified Laboratories Response

Feb 9, 2018

At Certified hiring the right person is important to us. That’s why we created a process that ensures we hire the right person for the position. Not only does the right person need to have the... More