ChaiOne Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ChaiOne Interview Questions

Interviews at ChaiOne

2.8

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ChaiOne.

Interview

You went through rounds of interviewing with the Manager and CEO. Standard comfortable process. I got to see the facilities and got invited to an event. They pushed hard on the benefits of the company in order to take a lower salary. I declined the position due to a low ball offer.

Interview Questions

• What can you do to expand the WiFi capacity at the new office?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ChaiOne.

Interview

It was a very well organized process, primarily because of their recruiter. She gave clear and concise instructions for each step and all the tools necessary for phone interviews, video interviews and in-person office interviews.

Interview Questions

• Excellent behavioral questions - specifics don't come to mind, but I thought the questions were well worded/not your typical questions and allowed me as a candidate to give unique, clear answers.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ChaiOne.

Interview

I had an initial interview with a human resources assistant which asked the basics, then interviewed with the hiring manager. Everything was pretty straightforward as far as the process went, and eventually I was asked to come to the office for the final interview when I met with the hiring manager and another decision-maker.

Interview Questions

• Everything was pretty straightforward and I didn't find any question excessively difficult. I was asked to give examples of things that I'd done and how I got through difficult situations.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ChaiOne in December 2018.

Interview

Phone Screen, face-to-face interview.

Applied online after an initial phone screen was invited to interview in-office with the hiring manager. However the hiring manager was sick so rather than postpone, the recruiter kept the interview slot and I inexplicably interviewed with the hiring manager's boss.

I perceived the interview to go well (whether it was or not is beyond me) and was told by the recruiter that I'd hear back that week on next steps as well as when an interview with the hiring manager would be scheduled.

Needless to say, after repeated attempts at following-up for a solid month, the recruiter essentially ignored me. Incredibly unprofessional to not follow-up in a timely manner when I was told that I should expect to hear status within the week. Whether I was considered or not, I've already written this company off based on the appalling lack of follow-through and common courtesy.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ChaiOne (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview with 4 people and they all asked question pertaining to my knowledge and experience with my background. Just your basic stuff. Nothing too difficult, I was not called back for another interview

Mobile Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ChaiOne (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online, received a response back via e-mail with HR within a week, was asked to write a code sample to test technical knowledge of Objective-C which was later discussed during technical interview. Interview was a range of technical questions about iOS development with a senior developer. Formal job offer extended shortly after that.

Interview Questions

• What are the different communication methods between classes in Objective-C?   1 Answer

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ChaiOne (Houston, TX).

Interview

I enjoyed the coding challenge, which asked me to design an app based on their specs to show my ability. For the in-house interview, I only met one software developer and the HR during the entire process, which seemed strange when most companies put me through 5 rounds. Without introducing me, I felt like I don't have a good feel for the company culture nor understand how they operate.

I had originally thought the salaries on Glassdoor were a mistake, but an offer of $50k for mobile dev is too embarrassingly low, especially when my alternative offers are literally double this salary.

Senior Rails Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ChaiOne (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

One of their employee referred me to ChaiOne. They did not took my interview but they gave me coding challenge. Coding Challenge was pretty much Architect based type of questions instead of senior rails development questions. I completed it and submitted it. After submitting, HR kind of gave me salary range. Salary range was pretty low enough, in fact even lower then Entry Level salary. I backed off , regretted that I wasted my time completing coding challenge. I thought that they pay decent salary like mentioned on Glassdoor salaries.

I asked the employee the reason about low salary. Employee who referred me told me maybe because majority of their work are outsourced to other countries and get the job done for cheap. Their CEO are never in office and always having leisure vacation out of country most of the time. Only people get decent salary are the Directors and CEO. I rather works for standard service-based company like IBM, Accenture instead of this start-up service-based who only hire you for dirt cheap and outsourced outside USA.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Architect based types of questions.   1 Answer

Very low salary. Outsourced.

IOS Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ChaiOne.

Interview

They asked me to make an app displaying news and photos using REST. Once the app was approved and I was chosen for the next step of the hiring process, we discussed the app in detail with the team lead and one other senior developer. We discussed the frameworks and libraries I used as well as logic and algorithms

Interview Questions

• easy conversation regarding basic skills. Review the test app   1 Answer

IOS Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ChaiOne.

Interview

Got contacted by recruiter for a phone interview, which was mostly just basic experience questions. Then got called in a few days later for an interview with the manager and a senior developer, which was focused around technical skills and prior experience.