Challenger Motor Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Challenger Motor Freight Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Challenger Motor Freight

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Challenger Motor Freight.

Interview

Three hours being grilled by a little man. I also had to be drug tested, and medically tested which took over an hour. They wanted to know in my life if I had ever been to a physiotherapist, acupuncturist, chiropractor, naturopath. So basically if you want to take care of your self especially if you are older its a liability. They are so over the top, when they give you a pitiful earnings, no wonder so many guys live inn trailer parks. That's all they can afford on this wage!

Negotiation

Berating!

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Challenger Motor Freight (Cambridge, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and then two in person interviews. The Human Resources lady was superb and professional. Was kept up to date through out the whole process. I was disappointed when I didn't get the job as it was certainly the type of company I would work for based on this lady.

Interview Questions

• The Human Resources representative went over my resume and then some complex interview questions all regarding sales behaviors.   1 Answer

Challenger Motor Freight Response

Sep 15, 2016 – Human Resources - Corporate Recruitment

Thank you for the positive feedback. Challenger goes to great lengths to ensure your interview process is professional and positive from beginning to end. Hopefully you will have another... More

Rate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Challenger Motor Freight (Cambridge, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Pre-screening over the phone. Interview with behavioral based questions. Also random questions.

Interview Questions

Challenger Motor Freight Response

Sep 23, 2016 – Human Resources - Corporate Recruitment

Isn't that a great question? I'd like to hear how you make a tuna sandwich! Are you the big picture person who gets everything out on the counter, and works step by step, or are you the person who... More

Long Haul Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Challenger Motor Freight (Cambridge, ON (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

Was promised the sun, moon and stars. Hyped the company and made me feel like I was important to the company and that they were so happy to offer me a job...right on the spot. Little did I know that as soon as I started, EVERYTHING would change. I quickly realized that I was "meat in the seat" and that nothing that was said at the interview was going to happen.

Interview Questions

• Do you/can you drive flatbed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. It was a take it or leave it situation. But the promises of many good things to come flowed freely.

Company Team Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Challenger Motor Freight (Cambridge, ON (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

Very polite and positive emails. Emails and phone conversations over estimate salary by about 5% to 10%. Very eager to sign you up if you are a new driver from an accredited driver training AZ program. Salary increases by about $2250/ yr every 3 months to start. ($0.01/ mile)

Interview Questions

• Do you want to work 5 days out in team or 10-14 days per trip out   1 Answer

Negotiation

Accept training program. Pass 6 or 7 weeks and then get offer to sign on at starting salary. Only 3 of 6 in my training group were able to pass the training portion with emphasis on backing up for two weeks and cornering tight roadways for another two weeks, before highway driving started. Had to apply for FAST CARD , confirm no criminal record and do urine drug test.