Change.org Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Change.org Interview Questions

Interviews at Change.org

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Change.org.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me out of a blue and talked to me for an hour just to setup a phone interview. So we set up a interview and the interviewer cancels on me, supposedly an emergency happened. So we reschedule. Then the interviewer never calls me. I email the recruiter to ask what happened and he claims that he called me and didn't get an answer. Of course my phone never received a call and I know my phone is working because I was just talking to someone else an hour ago. So we reschedule yet again. This time, the interviewer call me, asks me questions about the technologies I've worked with like Elasticsearch. Questions lke: "I'm not familiar with NoSQL, can you tell about it" and some how got on the topic of promises for node js and asked what's good about them. The call didn't even last 15 minutes and then he said that's all he needed and hung up.

So, he didn't even ask me a technical question, or about my background, just used me to explain to him things he didn't know about and then hung up. In any case, I get an email later without even a subject saying they're not moving forward with my application.

What a giant joke, they reach out to me and don't even bother to do a decent interview. They wasted so much of my time just preparing to take their call and waiting for a call that didn't happen. And then, when it did happen, the guy didn't even give a damn.

Bottom line, don't bother with this company.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Change.org (San Francisco, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

I was recruited on LinkedIn. Interview process was standard. I was in touch with multiple recruiters, but each made themselves available as a point of contact for me. I had a screener with an engineer and the recruiter. Both were friendly. Then, I had a takehome. Then, I had an onsite.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Change.org (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone conversation with a Campaigns manager. After a few weeks, the manager sent an assignment I had to fulfill. The assignment took less than a week to finish. Afterwards, I was scheduled to come in for an in-person interview. It was quite informal and more conversation based, which was nice. I met a few of the employees and looked at the office space. A few days later, they sent me an email congratulating me on the job.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Change.org (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and scheduled a technical phone screen with their principal engineer.
    After 1st technical phone screen, another technical phone interview was scheduled. This involved 2 programs.
    Then onsite interview in their SF office. 6 back-2-back interviews (same as most of SF technical interviews at software companies).

Recruiter was very nice and communicative during whole process.

Not sure what happened, after reference checks, they decided to not proceed further with me. I am sure it was because of budgeting concerns.

Interview Questions

• - Recursive and iterative solutions for a program.
      - Few more simple technical and behavioral questions   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Change.org (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

One phone screen and then an onsite. The phone screen was mostly about past experience and how you would design something. Really sold it on the type of work they do and the kind of team they have. Seemed like a nice place to work

Interview Questions

• Language dependent questions as well as design questions based on their current problems. Lots of behavioral questions too.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Change.org.

Interview

Phone screen followed a group interview. it was a little disjointed. The interviewers just asked questions instead of allowing it to be a conversation. Then one of the interviewers left halfway through. They also took notes on laptops during the process.

Interview Questions

• They asked a crazy situational question, a new leader of a small country needs help fixing the rail system and you are hired for the job even though you have no expertise in rail systems. How do you go about learning enough the help solve the problem?   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Change.org (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Three separate interactions. Phone screen with recruiter and design director. Then a design challenge based on the current product. Then a portfolio review and brief design exercise with a PM and engineer that mostly consisted of whiteboard brainstorming of one of the solutions I presented in the design challenge. The process has since changed to be more oriented towards walking through previous work and less fixated on a new challenge. Heavy emphasis on design thinking–understanding problem and opportunity to frame the solution. Less concerned about visuals and actual solution.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Change.org (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process at Change.org is very thorough and the team is genuinely interested in getting to know you not only as a professional, but also as an individual. I spoke with several people at Change including the hiring manager, HR and other employees with similar roles and all of my interactions were positive ones. Even though I was not offered the position, I walked away with a very positive impression of the organization because of the great thoughtfulness and care taken by the team throughout the process.

The interview process itself probably varies for different roles but for this particular position included two conversations with the hiring manager (one more formal interview and a more casual chat), an interview with two folks from HR, interviews with a current and a former employee who holds/has held the position and a 2 hour task based assessment.

Interview Questions

• Which elements of this role are most appealing to you and which are least appealing?   Answer Question

Organizer Interview

Interview

The hiring process at change.org moved quickly and efficiently. Though I didn't end up with the job, the interviews were set up quickly and timelines for follow-up were communicated well (and actually met). My interviewers were prepared and asked great questions. They also listened well and took time to explain the position and job expectations, as well as broader questions about the organizational structure and company culture.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult, but be prepared to talk in depth about different campaigns they currently have going on. Know of campaigns they have that have been successful and be able to talk about why they were successful and what you can do to make future campaigns work.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Change.org (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Got an email back after about a week to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty general. Questions about my sales experience and strategy/approach to new business. Didn't make it further into the process but they did let me know within a quick timeframe.