Chart Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 12, 2017

2.4

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chart Industries (Canton, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

It was the most bizarre interview experience in my 17-yr career history. An HR Rep arranged a 45-minute phone screen with the Hiring Manager. After the successful completion of it, a week later, I was sent an email invite to interview with 5 Executives within the company in two weeks. The day of my interview, I received an email notification that it was being cancelled, just 40 minutes before it was scheduled to begin. I was already driving to their office in my suit and had prepped for the 5-person round robin for a few days. I was informed the interview was cancelled because the position was put on hold.

The next day, the Hiring Manager informed me that the role was not on hold as an HR Rep had indicated to me. The next week, an HR Rep and the Hiring Manager arranged to meet me at a restaurant instead of at the company office. I thought this was very odd. Never before did a company invite me to interview at a restaurant vs their office.

Even thought they told me that we'd just "chat", I put on my suit to look professional. I’m very glad I dressed up because they asked me numerous technical operations and marketing protocol questions during the "chat". Their actions were identical to what one expects or experiences in a professional interview in an office.

The HR Rep was unprofessional and odd as she referred to herself as a “big girl now” and had informed me that she just relocated from her childhood town for the first time. She said the company was restructuring and relocated her to cut jobs in order to bring about change.

At the conclusion of the meeting, they told me I would have a chance to interview with the other Executives who I should have met a week prior but was unable to due to the last minute cancellation of the interview. I was told that I would receive a call from a VP, the next day as he was travelling abroad in Asia. I sent a follow up thank you for the meeting and awaited next steps. I never received the call I was told to expect.

4 days after my interview, I received an email informing me that my employment application had been transferred to a new, similar role with the same requirements. I forwarded the email to the Hiring Manager and asked if I was no longer under consideration for the role that I’d applied to and discussed/interviewed for at the restaurant. He did not respond. A week later, I asked for a candidate status update. I was told that other candidates were being interviewed at the office and that I should hear from them shortly. I wondered why other candidates got to be interviewed at the office while I was asked to meet at a restaurant.

The whole situation was very odd as I'd never had a final interview session cancelled just minutes before it was to begin. The Hiring Manager said they'd put the job on hold a week before my interview date so I didn't know why they didn't give me more warning out of common professional courtesy.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a product COGS was very high but its quality/performance was lower than expected for the COGS? What steps would you take to handle the situation?   Answer Question

Weld Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chart Industries (La Crosse, WI).

Interview

Questions about my background, expertise, why I am looking to relocate, etc. Flew me out to La Crosse they didnt seem to interested in their work, but that may be due to the fact its a union shop. Older crowd when it came to the engineering department and myself being younger I dont think they thought I would fit in with company and living in the La Crosse area.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate to La Crosse area?   1 Answer

Chart Industries Response

Jun 23, 2017 – Corporate HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to explore an opportunity with Chart, and provide your feedback. We are often fortunate to have multiple strong candidates in the final interview stage. A final hiring... More

Na Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ball Ground, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chart Industries (Ball Ground, GA).

Interview

Decent Interview overall, fairly relaxed, possibly to unprepared, but OK overall. The one surprise was that a person that would be REPORTING to me slid in and interviewed me, I believe unknown to all. That was slightly awkward, but not terrible. Only bad piece was that everyone seemed pretty positive and I was told that an offer would be made within a week. 3 weeks later I got the email that an offer had been made to another candidate

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ball Ground, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chart Industries (Ball Ground, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Met with project manager and two engineers in an informal interview. I was told in the interview that they had one more candidate to screen, but left feeling very confident I had the job.

Interview Questions

• I was middle asked about work and educational history as they scanned my resume. They did want details regarding experience with CAD. It seems that is a very important skill for this division of the comapny. It was a conversational interview.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chart Industries (Canton, GA).

Interview

The interview process was all on the phone and they called me after a week for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was basically them showing around the factory and telling me about their company and what they do. After that I was not accepted for the position.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience you have in IT and some netwlrking stuff?   Answer Question

Document Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ball Ground, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chart Industries (Ball Ground, GA).

Interview

Submitted online application and resume. Received a call a few days later for a one on one interview. The interview was a very relaxed atmosphere, there was a brief interview, tour of the plant, then a last round of questions before the interview concluded.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about document controlling?   1 Answer

Coop Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chart Industries (Canton, GA).

Interview

Phone interview, followed by onsite interview with several managers. The R&D manager took me on a tour of the factory floor and R&D lab. The interview itself was more conversational than anything and was focused on my educational background and extracurriculars.

Interview Questions

• Q. Describe your background in experimental design and documentation.   1 Answer

Metallurgical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Chart Industries (La Crosse, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone screen by the hiring manager and a technical expert, followed by an onsite interview. Panel interviews consisting of example based interview questions, technical interview (where they judge your technical apptitude, not what you know about their products). Also, they ask you the night before to prepare a short presentation.

R&DAirsep Corp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chart Industries (Buffalo, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied on campus recruiting website and got a call from the HR a week later. Fixed an appointment to meet next day with the department head for an interview. The result was out on the following week.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions were asked. The job description matched my profile, so I was asking few doubts about the department and the process involved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Go ahead and clear all your doubts during the chance you get.

Recruiting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Chart Industries.

Interview

Interview location was less than ideal.

Interview Questions

• What has been your experience in putting together onboarding programs?   Answer Question