Chicago Trading Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

3.4

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Three round robin interviews with Q's about history and interest. They brought me in and walked me through the typical process. Expectations were clearly defined for each step. They emphasized their community as their most valuable asset, and I would generally agree that in such a high impact job, being a good fit for the job is probably paramount to keeping the company as a strong competitor in the marketplace.

Interview Questions

• Emphasized the importance of team and then asked me to share some piece of information that would make the team better.   Answer Question

Trading Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company.

Interview

Made it to the final round of interviews. 75% of it was quantitative questions and I performed sub-par during those questions. Like most prop firms the ability the quickly conduct mental math holds the highest priority. Everyone I met with at the firm was extremely friendly and the facilities were very nice.

Interview Questions

• find percentage of large number, sum of 50 down to 1, EV casino type questions. Unique brainteasers, want to see your process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company (Urbana, IL).

Interview

Online coding test followed by a phone interview with one of their financial engineers. Talked about nothing but coding stuffs. After that would be an onsite but I didn't make it.

Financial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company.

Interview

First was an online coding challenge which was some basic implementations of math functions. Next was a phone interview involving some more coding and a little bit of background. Finally was a super day interview which had three short technical interviews (brain teasers, probability, pseudocoding, etc.), two behavioral interviews, and two short "projects"/activities that were more trading specific. It's a long day but fun if you enjoy technical interviews. They also took us out to dinner and gave us a tour the day before the super day interviews.

Interview Questions

• Some of the coding during the super day interview must be done without internet access so make sure to review some basic syntax that you might normally look up.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Then phone interview with manager. After that 2 four person interviews. 1 with team you will be working with and 1 with other team members you will work with closely

Interview Questions

• They just wanted to get to know me. Just asked some questions about experiences   1 Answer

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

the first round was a 20 mins online brainteaser questions and then move to an half-hour on-campus interview about the behavior questions and some brainteaser and market sizing problem. Then the last round onsite interview with other candidates.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, got contacted by one of their HR. I had a phone interview. the phone interview went really good. I thought I would be called for an onsite interview but they did not get back to me.

Trading Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company.

Interview

On-campus interview for internship. Casual at first, the got grilled with some brainteasers and mental math. Nothing too hard, but distracting that the interview furiously scribbled notes the entire time.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company (Bloomington, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Demonstrating technical skills by solving several problems. Talking about each step of the problem-solving process. Give time bounds on each one of those steps. Talk about other possible solutions to the problem if one exists.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

There was coding assessment followed by phone interview that was 75% technical coding 25% non technical. Than in invite to weekend long interview in Chicago with dinner and full day of interviewing. The day was comprised of FE case study, a stats question interview, an option pricing interview, as well as non-technical discussion.

Overall a very positive experience and CTC seems like a good company with good people.