Chicago Trading Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chicago Trading Company Interview Questions

Interviews at Chicago Trading Company

3.3

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company in October 2017.

Interview

Received an email to take a coding challenge after a college fair. Fairly easy questions. Then received a link to take a video interview. Next round was on-campus interview with two interviewers.

Interview Questions

• 1. Insertion into a sorted linked list.
      2. Discuss coding solution.   Answer Question

Junior Trader Interview

Interview

These guys are ridiculous. I answered all of their questions adequately and quickly and did not move on to the next step. I really do not know what went wrong and they gave 0 feedback, which I think is ludicrous. They ask behavioral questions like why trading and why CTC.

Interview Questions

• What is 34 * 17 (mentally) and what is 20% of 750. Most likely they'll ask something similar for first round interviews but not the exact same.   Answer Question

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company (Cambridge, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Basic fit questions, followed by mental math. Required to take an IQ test before the first interview. HR was very kind and willing to work around schedules. The interviews were 2, 30 minute interviews back to back.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company.

Interview

Had 2 rounds. First one was technical and second was code review. In first round, Questions asked on cache, threading, memory layout of array and linked list.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

It was a on-campus interview and met with a senior software engineer. The interview was very technical, started with coding on paper and technical question, barely had any behavioral questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter at campus career fair, answered several questions about basic data structures and their running time such as linked-lists and arrays, and hash tables. Then comes an on-campus interview, held by the schools's career service. After that I haven't heard from them for like 2 or 3 weeks. Sent a mail to ask about the interview result, the recruiter told me that I was put on wait-list.

Interview Questions

• To implement a program that manages the prices of stocks. How to calculate a power of integer without using loops.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company (Champaign, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and interviewed on campus. The interviewer DID NOT pay any attention. I sensed this the first moment I met him. He was extremely tired. He complained the interview right after lunch was the hardest because ... When I started coding, he was looking away. I do not know the reason.

Unlike companies I interviewed before, he did not ask any follow-up questions. Overall, no attention. Rejection came after noon. It was a funny experience.

Interview Questions

• Put and get most recent stock price in a data structure.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company (Bloomington, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Demonstrating technical skills by solving several problems. Talking about each step of the problem-solving process. Give time bounds on each one of those steps. Talk about other possible solutions to the problem if one exists.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Coding Challenge; Phone Screen; Onsite Interview. Onsite consisted of behavioral and technical questions. Behavioral questions were mainly to see if there was good culture fit. Technical Questions revolved around software engineering practices, algorithms, data structures and more. Everyone was very nice and was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What's your greatest strength? Do you work well on teams?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

This is a role in mid and back office. First is a phone interview for 1 hour. Introduction, technical and behavioral questions. Focus on Java basics and data structure. Very efficient, standardized process. They prefer candidates who will start as quickly as possible which should have been communicated to save everyone's time.

Interview Questions

• checked vs unchecked exception
      inheritance vs composition
      memory leak in java?
      what are in Java Collection
      interface vs abstract class
      generics in java
      what will happen if put an invalid type of object in a collection of another type   Answer Question