Children's Hospital Colorado Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Children's Hospital Colorado Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

Insurance Verification Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado in November 2016.

Interview

The initial interview is a phone screening with a follow up face to face if you pass. So far every interview I've had at Children's has been a panel. Nothing intimidating at all walking into a room with six other associates. The most recent interview was not a very good experience. I had the distinct feeling I wasn't being taken very seriously from the start. I am a mature, strict professional who wears a business suit and is courteous and friendly to everyone. So I am really curious as to what the problem was. The interviewer had a smirk on her face the entire time and when it was over, I had to practically step in front of her as she was leaving to shake hands and end the transaction. Perhaps some advice from any others who have interviewed here?

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado (Aurora, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, had a brief phone interview based on my interest and experience followed by an in-person interview with a panel. The hiring manager called back within a week with an offer. I was then contacted by HR to complete the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• A stressful scenario was given where conflicting deadlines made it difficult to accomplish both tasks. I was then asked how I would handle the situation.   1 Answer

Insurance Verification Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado (Aurora, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

Email personally asking if I was still Interested
    Phone
    Face to face

Very easy and flowing process. Once you are picked everything moves pretty fast. The managers are great and so is the environment. It feels good to be with the Country's Best for Childrens Care

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for children's?
      What is your experience with insurance verification?
      Answer Question

Clinical Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado.

Interview

It depends on who is applying and what job you apply for. Not a fair system. It depends on if they know they want to place you in a position already.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever made a mistake, in the past and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Process Improvement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado (Denver, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

Being at a distance I had a phone call, Skype interview and then an in person, which they flew me out for. The process was very smooth working with my HR rep. It took a long time (applied in February and final interview in beginning of June). Everyone was great, even though I didn't get the job. The only downfall of the whole process was the automated response of rejection that had one line to go back to apply for more jobs on their website. Unfortunately, there was no phone call or personal email, which I would have expected after they flew me out to Denver from across the country and put me in a hotel for a night for the interview. Overall, everyone was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• They asked a variety of questions on my experience and tools I have used in the past and what my experience with Lean Management has been.   Answer Question

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado (Aurora, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via email to set up interview very quickly met with them the next week and received a phone call to tell me that I didn't get the job!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a patient's family told you that a nurse did take care of their child very well because she was on her phone all night.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado (Aurora, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

Candidates were pre-screened with Senior and Mid-level Project Managers. Then there was and interview with the Director and Hiring Manager. Questions posed were typical Project Management questions. All colleagues were friendly and professional. Specific feedback was provided by the hiring manager and several generic emails came from HR. It was a very positive experience, except the Director has an arrogant, disdainful attitude. It is no surprise that they had difficulty finding the right candidate.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe the artifacts required to manage a project.
      2. Describe a time you had to deal with conflict and what did you do?
      3. Have you had experience with ERP systems?
      4. We don't expect you to have Healthcare background.
      1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews. The first was a phone interview as I am out to f state. The second was in person after a job shadow and the third was a Skype interview. Overall the process was pleasant and everyone along the way was welcoming. From application to offer, the process took several weeks.

Interview Questions

• They mostly used behavioral interview questions as well as some more specific experience based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't attempt to negotiate. The offer seemed fair for the area.

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado.

Interview

The process took much longer than I expected (4 month), but it worth it. The first interview after the phone screening was a 1-hour interview with 2 people and the second was a 2-hour interview with 8 people.

Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado.

Interview

I applied online through my college website. They called me, asked me a few questions. They then conferred with each other. They called me again and offered me the position a week later.