Children's Hospital Colorado Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Children's Hospital Colorado

Sort:

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado (Aurora, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via email to set up interview very quickly met with them the next week and received a phone call to tell me that I didn't get the job!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a patient's family told you that a nurse did take care of their child very well because she was on her phone all night.   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado.

Interview

It depends on who is applying and what job you apply for. Not a fair system. It depends on if they know they want to place you in a position already.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever made a mistake, in the past and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado (Aurora, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

4 hours long, met with 4 groups of 3-6 people in each group. Most were late. When meeting with each department, people came and went and I found myself having to repeat information or answer the same questions.

Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview process took a while. Phone interview followed by a face-to-face interview. Then, a group interview consisting usually of 5-6 people or the whole department will be the "final interview".

Insurance Verification Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado in November 2016.

Interview

The initial interview is a phone screening with a follow up face to face if you pass. So far every interview I've had at Children's has been a panel. Nothing intimidating at all walking into a room with six other associates. The most recent interview was not a very good experience. I had the distinct feeling I wasn't being taken very seriously from the start. I am a mature, strict professional who wears a business suit and is courteous and friendly to everyone. So I am really curious as to what the problem was. The interviewer had a smirk on her face the entire time and when it was over, I had to practically step in front of her as she was leaving to shake hands and end the transaction. Perhaps some advice from any others who have interviewed here?

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado (Denver, CO) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview process was handled by the departmental manager. Mediocre communication between manager and HR to coordinate the hiring process. Long, delayed interview process, primarily due to managerial involvement. Included interview with prospective team members/co-workers.

HR handled the paperwork and forms - otherwise process is dictated by manager. Best way to get an interview / consideration is to gain a contact within the department. Usually position is filled by someone they already have in mind (not necessarily the public posting).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minimal negotiations - offer made with my requirements in mind. Consider negotiating additional PTO upfront - starting at zero without possibility of 'borrowing' time is painful. Relocation assistance available in some cases.

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado (Aurora, CO) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied in September and I didn't get any response until October from one of the supervisors that emailed me to set up an in-person interview, not an HR person. I was interviewed by the Lab Manager, another supervisor, and two lead techs. The interview was engaging as they were very responsive and gave feedback to my answers to their questions. The whole interview in itself was pleasant. They told me that it would be two weeks when they decided to make their decision since they were still interviewing others. The interview I thought went well and after the interview, one of the techs showed me around the lab. Before I left, the manager handed me her business card. I followed up the next day. Two weeks pass by followed up again and no email or notification letting me know that they went with another candidate. At least have some decency as a business to let that candidate know they didn't get the position. Even a generic email will do. It's not that difficult.

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado (Aurora, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Sad, it wasn't about skills. They were desperate, because the depart was so far behind. Using the employees to conduct the interview was well beyond their pay grade. They had never been trained on how to interview, it was about how you looked not on your skills or ambitions.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado (Valencia, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

one interview

Interview Questions

• what do you do when there is conflict in the office   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado (Aurora, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

Candidates were pre-screened with Senior and Mid-level Project Managers. Then there was and interview with the Director and Hiring Manager. Questions posed were typical Project Management questions. All colleagues were friendly and professional. Specific feedback was provided by the hiring manager and several generic emails came from HR. It was a very positive experience, except the Director has an arrogant, disdainful attitude. It is no surprise that they had difficulty finding the right candidate.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe the artifacts required to manage a project.
      2. Describe a time you had to deal with conflict and what did you do?
      3. Have you had experience with ERP systems?
      4. We don't expect you to have Healthcare background.   1 Answer