Christmas Tree Shops Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

AIG Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Christmas Tree Shops (Elizabeth, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

Very professional, interviewed by two Managers. Asked numerous questions. Very comfortable office. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. Walked out with a very positive feeling. Asked numerous questions about the position. The waiting room was very clean and comfortable. A place to feel safe and comfortable. The parking lot was was empty and a very easy commute .

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 3 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be confident in yourself. Always look your best and give very clear answers..

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicopee, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Christmas Tree Shops (Chicopee, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Fast, but I was told I was going to be called . The manager was very nice. I answered the questions and he seemed impressed with the results. I said I have 12yrs experience in cashiering. And computers. And I would start any time and my hours are open. My other jobs were my experience since I was 17urs old.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? I enjoy people   1 Answer
    • Did my performance at the other jobs meet up with the experience?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Christmas Tree Shops (Natick, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process was easy and went well. I did have to drive a good distance for my interview. I arrived early and was acknowledged by management quickly. The interview was pretty basic with no really tough questions . I told them about my previous work experience , details of what my past job required of me . They did ask why I left my previous employers and gave them truthful answers as to my reasons. They asked a lot of questions which were easy to answer . After the interview I was taken around the store and introduced to some associates , which was nice. the interviewer aske some questions on the store tour and I responded with answers . when the store ended I was told I would hear back in a few days and I did. I was informed that the job was mine and I accepted the offer over the phone. I started traing the following week and the only issue I had was the store was just over 50 miles from my home. I did finish my training in two weeks and was assigned a store closer to home

Interview Questions

• To explain all my previous experience and answer how I handled certain situations that came up common to retail.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them the least amount I could accept. The offer was just above that amount so I was satisfied. the only negative is the work hours were explained to me . When I started the job the hours worked increased by 5 to 10 hours weekly. I felt if I knew the work week would be that many hours I would not have accepted the amount of money I agreed to. It would of had to be more. That was the only negative

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Christmas Tree Shops (Waldorf, MD) in November 2017.

Interview

Satisfied basic interview spoke of hours I was available for the position I applied for my experience in customer service the salary I’m requesting . The interview was quick and simple

Interview Questions

• No question asked just with over basic of position I applied for   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Christmas Tree Shops (Union, NJ) in December 2017.

Interview

Multiple day interview process. Took my last few vacation days left of the year to come in for interviews. Salary requirement was discussed during the prescreening phone interview prior to the in person interviews. Was even told the team was very interested in me and all my references were called. just to get a call back weeks later to be told they couldn’t make the budget work out. This should have been “worked out” prior to the interview process to know what type of budget they had to work with and only interviewed me if I fit in the budget when it was dicussed on the phone. I was very strung along with this interview process when it could have been very short from the get go and told ahead of time my salary was not in the budget.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Christmas Tree Shops.

Interview

They spent most of the interview explaining what the job would require and asked very basic questions like what good customer service is to you. The manager was very friendly and overall the interview was short and easy.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Christmas Tree Shops.

Interview

I walked in with an employee (manager) referral, filled out an application and was immediately seen by a manager for an interview. She explained to me what the companies goals were and what my main job would be. She asked about previous work experience and my goals.

Interview Questions

• She asked about handling different situations with customers and fellow employees and how I would handle them. While moderately mundane these question can prove to be trick questions and trap you in a wrong answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Christmas Tree Shops (Portsmouth, NH) in July 2010.

Interview

I applied, and didn't get a call back for 3 weeks afterwards. The interview lasted around an hour, and was very detailed. The manager (at the time, now she's moved to another location) was very thorough, and very kind. She also had a sense of humor. The interview was one-on-one, which was nice because I feel they get to know you better, and learn what you have to offer. The rest of the staff was friendly and helpful. My advice to future applicants; be very thorough and detailed with your question answers, but do not drag on the answers too long, or go off on other topics.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to Christmas Tree Shops that's unique to your character?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Moosic, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Christmas Tree Shops (Moosic, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

I turned in my application and quickly spoke to one of the manager on duty. About 3 days after i received a phone call to come for a formal interview with a store manager and then went through an video about procedures and the took a personality quiz with an assistant manager. After passing a quiz on what was required of me and what the proper procedures were, i was then lead to the front in manager to start training on cash register and was required to process order made by the front end manage.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work on and off register and you are aware that you will also be responsible for keeping your register and around your register clean.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Christmas Tree Shops (Natick, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

They basically ask you what you hope to learn and how you are with handling customers. They ask if youre ok with hights and that if you were to be hired you need to be ok with climbing up ladders.

Interview Questions

• What do you look forward to learning while working for The Christmas tree shop   Answer Question