Chromocell Corp. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chromocell Corp. Interview Questions

Interviews at Chromocell Corp.

2.7

Sort:

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chromocell Corp. (New Brunswick, NJ) in July 2011.

Interview

Met many company employees over the course of two days several weeks apart. Researchers seemed to be enthusiastic, engaged, and freindly, but I never got a decision or status update on my candidacy except an e-mail response to my inquiiry saying that they planned to make a decision next week" (two months ago).

Very Disappointing.

Interview Questions

• If you could have one of your current jobs at home be taken off your plate, what would that be, and why?   1 Answer
    • Why has it taken so long to find a job.   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chromocell Corp. in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview that was overall rather standard and was not in overbearing in the slightest. They asked rather standard interview questions that were not out of the ordinary and just touch on my experience with tissue culture as well.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Chromocell Corp..

Interview

Applied in January got called for an interview in March
    Interviewed by 5 people back to back

Interview Questions

• "How many times do you do a task before it is considered a success?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate when you can work

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chromocell Corp..

Interview

The interview process for any position at this company is intense. You will meet with 4-6 different employees for 20 minutes at a time. It takes hours for the interviews and seems like overkill. They use the excuse that they want all applicants to see the diversity of the company and see if it's a proper fit for them as well as the candidate being a fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question becomes "Do you have any questions?". After the second or third person, everything has been answered. You should save questions for later interviewers so you seem more interested in the position. Even though all the interviewers have themselves went through this process, they frown upon you not having questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chromocell Corp..

Interview

I applied to work at Chromocell months ago. I finally heard back in September. I went in for an interview at that point. Then I heard back 3 months later to come back in for another interview. Waited some more again. I was told that I was really well liked. After 3 months and all that I went through I didn't get an offer. They build you thinking you are going to get a position and you don't.

Most of the people are really young. I would say 20 and up. I really liked everyone that I thought that I was going to work with.

And with $9 an hour, it's not worth it to work there. Especially if you have a Bachelor of Science

Interview Questions

• Interview was really easy. One of the questions were, "What was the last book you read"   1 Answer

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chromocell Corp. (North Brunswick, NJ) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview process for every job, whether it's for a part-time college student or a full-time PhD, is exactly the same: you get a one-on-one interview with a random employee, who may or may not know what you're applying for, and what that position entails. Then you get another one-on-one interview with a different random employee. And then another. And another. And finally a fifth and sixth one-on-one interview. You'll inevitably get the same questions over and over, and this usually degenerates into awkward silence after a few minutes. The entire process takes about 3 hours.

I feel worse for the poor schmucks who agree to come back for a second round of this.

Interview Questions

• Given the molar mass of NaCl, how would you make a 50mM NaCl solution?   1 Answer
    • Why did you decide to apply to this position?   1 Answer

This is obviously a very disorganized company, with no effective methods of inter-communication and a very poor HR department.

Interview

it was a few brief 15 minute interviews with about 4-5 people in different positions. It felt weird at first but looking back it's a pretty cool method that felt like it is a different place.

Laboratory Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chromocell Corp. (North Brunswick, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

The application consisted of a cover letter and a resume, and normal logistical queries I had to fill in (DOB, address, etc.). After applying, I was given an interview within about two or three weeks (though I had to pick the specific date/time within a time/day range). The interview was a little nerve-racking at first, but was relatively simple. The process consisted of 5 back to back, 30-minute interviews (so roughly 2.5 hours spent interviewing) with one of the interviews being part laboratory tour/part interview. Most of the interview questions were specific to my resume, and most of the time they just had me describe myself. The last interviewer grilled me with normal behavioral questions though. The interviewers were all very polite and easy-going, and fun to talk to, which made the experience a lot more pleasant. After the interview I was offered a position after 2 weeks, and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had to lead a team, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What skills can you contribute while in the laboratory?   Answer Question

Research Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chromocell Corp. (North Brunswick, NJ) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied on company website, called within a few days for interview
    Interview consisted of six different people each interviewing me for half our. For an internship position, I did not expect to be interviewed by so many people. In a two weeks, they asked for references and I gave them. Did not hear back at all from them despite me following up with them after my interview.
    Finally, 2 months later after emailing, they said I was not qualified.

Interview Questions

• [Tell me about a time you demonstrated Leadership]

They asked many behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chromocell Corp..

Interview

It was a positive experience. I met with several different people but it only took about an hour. Everyone was very professional and nice. It seems like a happy and friendly place to work.

Interview Questions

• There were really no unexpected questions. They discussed my work experience and what was required for the job.   Answer Question

After thinking about it the hours may have been too conflicting for me or I would have taken the job.