Clear Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Clear Capital Interview Questions

Updated Dec 9, 2017

2.4

Direct Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clear Capital.

Interview

Unprofessional. They missed the first interview they set up. I spoke to them over the phone for a second interview that I reached out to arrange, only to be blown off again. I was told they'd reach out to arrange an in-person interview, but since then two weeks has passed. I think it's rude not to disengage after telling someone that they seem like a good fit. It's unprofessional to repeatedly not honor commitments for meetings.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult/unexpected. They asked me to speak to my experience in the role.   Answer Question

Sales & Marketing Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Clear Capital (Reno, NV) in July 2017.

Interview

I was referred to Clear Capital from a Director within the corporate HQ in Reno. I came in very late to the process. I was told because of my skills they wanted to interview me further, so I met with the Hiring Director and discussed some details with him. I then met briefly with the new CRO.

This where things get weird. I was told a day later they gave the position to another guy because I was so late in the process- but then said they would still like to discuss possible opportunities.

Fast forward a week. I speak to the CRO over the phone and he schedules me for an in-person interview at a date & time I chose. A day later I get a call asking for me to come in sooner. I was pushing out a new campaign, but found some time late in the afternoon- this was a last second change and if any of you know how new campaigns are than you can imagine what kind of day this was. I get to HQ and I am told they let go of their CRO... This was a red flag. No real explanation for it, other than he was not a "good fit".

So then I interview with two other Directors. The interview was pretty low-key and we mainly discussed high level strategy and some minor details of Pardot/Salesforce. They mentioned they were still figuring out some things and there may be more openings. But to my surprise they really did not seem prepared for a full on interview. What I mean is, there were a lot of questions I was expecting that just weren't asked.

Usually there a number of questions you would ask to paint a picture of the candidate both for their skills as well as how they fit within the culture of the company. They never discussed their internal culture, their current strategies or their vision. I wanted to understand their current strategies and how they synced with their current sales teams. I wanted to understand more about their current CRM/marketing automation system and what they wanted from it. These guys are trying to build an integrated sales & marketing operation and it seemed they did not quite have it all planned out from the beginning to the end (maybe they did but it seemed they were still unsure).

I drove much of the interview and discussed my accomplishments so I could paint them a picture of my range. I also brought a portfolio of past campaign and strategic plans I had developed that were relevant to the position. One of the Directors had to leave early and I spent the rest of the time with the other Director.

Monday evening I received a call saying my skills were spot on, but I did not fit the "culture". I am still not sure what that means since they seemed a little unprepared for a real interview and we never discussed their internal culture or my own to see if I was a fit or not.

It seems to me they probably had another agenda, already made a hire or there is much more going on internally then was discussed. I do interviews for my current position and I always ask situational, skill and culture questions to get a good idea of the person. I then I have a follow-up meeting to see if my first impression was right or not. Maybe my experience was an exception.

Interview Questions

• Which do you like more, planning and strategy or analytics?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Clear Capital in June 2017.

Interview

1. Recruiter reached out to me via StackOverflow messaging
    2. Scheduled appointment with senior HR Director to go over my experience and job requirements
    3. Gave programming problem to do at home and send them source code
    4. Schedule 2 hours onsite interview with two teams, two people in each team.

Interview Questions

• 1. Take 15 min to describe something that you learned and can teach us
      2. Explain decisions that were made in the coding exercise   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clear Capital (Reno, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview Process was simple and straightforward and easy. HR has more knowledge then the senior team member :)
    Interview Process was easy and fast. First 2 rounds were on phone, final round was in person.

Interview Questions

• what is meant by driving table?   1 Answer

Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clear Capital (Reno, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone with HR representative then face to face. The HR representative was far more knowledgeable on BI than the interviewers. While in-person, after ten minutes, the very senior interviewers began the "how" questions, demonstrating the interview was to elicit IP or "best practices" and validation of to-be architecture. Being a Fortune 50 consultant, I'm appalled at this un ethic al silicon valley tactic of extracting IP solutions for a position that doesn't exist.

Interview Questions

• Is this technical architecture good?   1 Answer
    • HOW do you increase speed of user adoption?   1 Answer
    • HOW would you better program manage MDM and data governance?   1 Answer

Vendor Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clear Capital (Reno, NV) in September 2016.

Interview

Worked with a temp agency, did skype interview, then had interview with a Clear Capital manger. Very simple interview process.Went through a temp agency, was not offered permanent work.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clear Capital (Roseville, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

1. Phone interview with HR. The interview was somewhat technical, but the interviewer was very nice and a very understanding person.
    2. A day or so later, he requested that I take a little test on lytmus.io. It took about 4 hours. It was time consuming to me, but it wasn't crazy hard by any means. To me, this is a good way to do things because it allows companies to actually see that you can write code and debug.
    3. The following day, he contacted me again, saying I did well on the lytmus test and asked if I could come into the office and meet with some of their devs. We scheduled that for the following week, and I met with 3 people. They were all great. It wasn't a horribly technical interview, it was more like "tell me about your last job and what technologies you used". Much more like a conversation than anything else. It was almost enjoyable because the 3 people I was talking to were so nice and interesting!

I actually got the job offer, but declined it. For me, this company wasn't a great fit. First, during my initial phone interview, the interviewer asked if I ever had to deal with high priority issues over the weekend and how I felt about that. At my last job, I never got called in on the weekends, so this type of question made me a little nervous. I also asked what type of hours they worked and was told typically 9-5. My last job was very flexible with hours (I liked to work 6:30-3:30), so to have to work very specific hours was a turn off for me. Also, they're very proud of their office and the open floor plan, but personally, I would seriously dread working in a place that doesn't have cubes. I would have a very difficult time concentrating if I could see and hear people constantly. It would make me less productive, and that would be frustrating.

The last, and most major, issue for me is that I had read all of the reviews on here and there was a constant theme of "mandatory overtime". I asked the HR person about it, and he first said that he was aware of those reviews and that they came mostly from hourly employees. Then he said that their "key engineers" also had to work a lot of overtime. (what motivation is there for me to be a key engineer if I would be forced to work overtime?). Then, he said it's normal in tech to work 50+ hour work weeks and that in his 20 years of experience can't remember a time only working a 40 hour work week. This just wasn't for me. My last job was a 40hr/week type of job and the new job that I accepted is a 40hr/week type of job. I don't think it's the norm to have to work 50+ hour work weeks. I'm a strong believer of work / life balance.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between an abstract class and an interface?   Answer Question

Leadership Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Clear Capital.

Interview

Long.. often based to much in technical religion rather than best solution. Often it takes a focus on the interviewee to drive down to why the question is relevant. Typically this will result in a better conversational interview that leads down a mutually beneficial path.

Interview Questions

• When presented with several tasks, how do you prioritize?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Clear Capital (Reno, NV).

Interview

The overall interview was very average. No different from any other that I have done. The Interviewer was pleasant and they seemed nice enough. The questions were the usual quite common ones asked in other interviews. Commute to Truckee was out of the questions.

Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Clear Capital (Reno, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

They tell you the pay is 15 per hour lots of Over time expected. Part time season now but could lead to full time after holidays. Only requirement was a 50 wpm tying test. Sat down you a person and water her push buttons...she said the system does all the work. She stated she was upset about all the over time as she has kids