Clear Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 21, 2016

2.4

Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clear Capital (Reno, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone with HR representative then face to face. The HR representative was far more knowledgeable on BI than the interviewers. While in-person, after ten minutes, the very senior interviewers began the "how" questions, demonstrating the interview was to elicit IP or "best practices" and validation of to-be architecture. Being a Fortune 50 consultant, I'm appalled at this un ethic al silicon valley tactic of extracting IP solutions for a position that doesn't exist.

Interview Questions

• Is this technical architecture good?   1 Answer
    • HOW do you increase speed of user adoption?   1 Answer
    • HOW would you better program manage MDM and data governance?   1 Answer

Vendor Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clear Capital (Reno, NV) in September 2016.

Interview

Worked with a temp agency, did skype interview, then had interview with a Clear Capital manger. Very simple interview process.Went through a temp agency, was not offered permanent work.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clear Capital (Roseville, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

1. Phone interview with HR. The interview was somewhat technical, but the interviewer was very nice and a very understanding person.
    2. A day or so later, he requested that I take a little test on lytmus.io. It took about 4 hours. It was time consuming to me, but it wasn't crazy hard by any means. To me, this is a good way to do things because it allows companies to actually see that you can write code and debug.
    3. The following day, he contacted me again, saying I did well on the lytmus test and asked if I could come into the office and meet with some of their devs. We scheduled that for the following week, and I met with 3 people. They were all great. It wasn't a horribly technical interview, it was more like "tell me about your last job and what technologies you used". Much more like a conversation than anything else. It was almost enjoyable because the 3 people I was talking to were so nice and interesting!

I actually got the job offer, but declined it. For me, this company wasn't a great fit. First, during my initial phone interview, the interviewer asked if I ever had to deal with high priority issues over the weekend and how I felt about that. At my last job, I never got called in on the weekends, so this type of question made me a little nervous. I also asked what type of hours they worked and was told typically 9-5. My last job was very flexible with hours (I liked to work 6:30-3:30), so to have to work very specific hours was a turn off for me. Also, they're very proud of their office and the open floor plan, but personally, I would seriously dread working in a place that doesn't have cubes. I would have a very difficult time concentrating if I could see and hear people constantly. It would make me less productive, and that would be frustrating.

The last, and most major, issue for me is that I had read all of the reviews on here and there was a constant theme of "mandatory overtime". I asked the HR person about it, and he first said that he was aware of those reviews and that they came mostly from hourly employees. Then he said that their "key engineers" also had to work a lot of overtime. (what motivation is there for me to be a key engineer if I would be forced to work overtime?). Then, he said it's normal in tech to work 50+ hour work weeks and that in his 20 years of experience can't remember a time only working a 40 hour work week. This just wasn't for me. My last job was a 40hr/week type of job and the new job that I accepted is a 40hr/week type of job. I don't think it's the norm to have to work 50+ hour work weeks. I'm a strong believer of work / life balance.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between an abstract class and an interface?   Answer Question

Leadership Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Clear Capital.

Interview

Long.. often based to much in technical religion rather than best solution. Often it takes a focus on the interviewee to drive down to why the question is relevant. Typically this will result in a better conversational interview that leads down a mutually beneficial path.

Interview Questions

• When presented with several tasks, how do you prioritize?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Clear Capital (Reno, NV).

Interview

The overall interview was very average. No different from any other that I have done. The Interviewer was pleasant and they seemed nice enough. The questions were the usual quite common ones asked in other interviews. Commute to Truckee was out of the questions.

Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Clear Capital (Reno, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

They tell you the pay is 15 per hour lots of Over time expected. Part time season now but could lead to full time after holidays. Only requirement was a 50 wpm tying test. Sat down you a person and water her push buttons...she said the system does all the work. She stated she was upset about all the over time as she has kids

Development Services Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Truckee, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Clear Capital (Truckee, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The process was short. I met with the three people for one interview. They asked me various questions and the interview lasted just over an hour. I sent a follow up email and was told I'd hear back soon. The existing receptionist got the job. I was told by mutual friends that she was asked to apply to the position before anyone was interviewed which leads me to believe that they had already made their decision before I walked in the door.

Interview Questions

• Name three people (alive or dead) that you would like to have a dinner party with.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Truckee, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clear Capital (Truckee, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Lengthy but fair process. Met with 2 departments to determine a fit. Met with 2 managers. The questions were reasonable. The hiring process was a mess and nobody in HR seemed to know what was going on. I almost declined the offer it was a such a mess. Beyond that, everything works out fine. Also, don't expect them to call you right after the background check completed. I waited a week to get my official offer after it completed.

QA Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clear Capital.

Interview

Very short question and answer no hypothetical testing to test knowledge of valuation. Basically the questioning revolves around work hours and can you work lots of them. The only test is a typing test . The interview process is a joke The object is to hire young people new to the work force and train them. Only prerequisite is a typing test. .

Interview Questions

• No technical questions were asked   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is none. The comoan advertises salary commencerate with experience but offer you 15 and hour which is firm.

SQA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clear Capital in July 2014.

Interview

Interview process consisted of phone interview with HR person, which was followed by 1 hour phone interview with QA Manager. Then I was offered online test, which covered a broad range of topics concerning SQA methodologies. The last round of interviews was on site: about 1 hour with member of SQA team and finally - about 1 hour with QA manager and manager of Development Team. The questions on all interviews were related to the responsibilities at my past jobs. No technical questions. Overall I've had very pleasant experience and got the offer by the end of the day.