Cloud Imperium Games Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cloud Imperium Games

2.4

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cloud Imperium Games (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

Had a video interview, after the video interview I was brought in for an in-person. The in-person interview feature one person in the office and one person via skype. Woman on skype was very cold and seemed turned off that I was a new parent

Senior Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cloud Imperium Games.

Interview

Applied online. Heard back over a week later. Phone screen with typical C++ trivia. Had to push on hiring manager with deadline from another offer. Onsite interview going over my resume and experiences. Personality fit questions. Showed me progress so far on the title. Talked about what problems they need solved and talked about how I might be able to do that for them.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cloud Imperium Games (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

I waited for a bit, the person who was supposed to interview me was in a meeting with the CEO, but I'm not going to complain about that.

I went in to interview for one position, but was immediately told that the manager of that department was going to bring in their friend (wish I was told earlier to save myself the trip). We spoke about 5 minutes over my experience for the position I applied for (which seemed pointless since they told me it was already filled), and then proceeded to chat me up regarding my other experiences in the game industry.

I didn't get offered a job, but about two weeks later the questions they were asking me about my other experience showed up as a job listing on their website. This was after I was told that they weren't going to hire for those positions in their Santa Monica office. Left a bad taste in my mouth, because just about verbatim my explanation, and skills required were added to the job listing.

It came off as not telling me about the position being filled, just so they could use me to find out what they should look for in other candidates.

Seemed like it could've been a cool place to work, and I grew up playing games like wing commander, but after that kind of treatment, I wouldn't want to apply here again.

Senior Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cloud Imperium Games (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews, including Skype interview and in-person interviews with the entire team.

Really liked the team and was excited to accept the offer. Received a low offer and countered. After countering, was ghosted. Disappointed at the lack of professionalism from HR and expected more from such a large company.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage international teams and establish production process?   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cloud Imperium Games.

Interview

Alarming from start to finish.

Recruiter missed the first interview, was a half hour late to the second. Became apparent they had not read the resume very early, and was very underprepared. Openly discussed the CEO's transient nature, that the CEO requires signoff on all content, and that he was currently MIA. Hypothesized that CEO was in Vegas (?!).

Second interview with team quickly established that despite being 3 years in, were very much stuck in pre-production. No eye contact from interviewers, limited relevant questions, seemed underprepared. Reinforced cult of personality around CEO, in milder terms. Bailed at this point in the process.

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bee Cave, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cloud Imperium Games (Bee Cave, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I had an interview with the QA Manager and Director. It lasted about an hour, fairly typical questions, nothing really out of the ordinary. Very friendly and personable.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite bug that you've entered?   2 Answers

3D Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Cloud Imperium Games (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

They Skyped me and then had me come in for a follow up. I came in, toured the facility. They seemed unprepared to have me in. Was an odd experience.

Interview Questions

• What's an instance where you overcame adversity in work.   1 Answer

Senior Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmslow, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cloud Imperium Games (Wilmslow, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

A shambles !!!! Mostly due to HR not the development team. HR failed to move the process forward three times until I almost gave up. It was the developers themselves who pushed the entire process forward.

Senior Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmslow, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cloud Imperium Games (Wilmslow, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Initially, I had the general telephone interview by recruitment agency.
    Worked on the art test within 2 weeks
    Attended the face to face interview in the studio after passing the test.
    Received the offer letter

Gameplay Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmslow, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cloud Imperium Games (Wilmslow, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

I had the worst experience with their recruiter from the UK studio. I cannot believe this company would hire such an arrogant man. In the beginning he appeared to be very friendly, he was helping me schedule interviews, etc.

He stood me up twice after confirming, so after that I decided I no longer wanted to pursue the position. When he reached out to me the third time, I explained why and then he blamed it on me saying I wasn’t clear on the date/time which is false because we both confirmed all of this via email. As a result he hurled insults at me and blocked me on LinkedIn? Completely unprofessional. I reported him to the HR team.

I have a friend at the studio who informed me he was a new employee and that they eventually let him go for misconduct after a month of employment and that another HR rep would assist me instead.

I was turned off to work there, but my friend assured me that he was new and tried to ‘run the show’ and would belittle junior staff as apparently several managers made complaints about him as well.