Coborn's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Coborn's

2.2

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Joseph, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coborn's (Saint Joseph, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was a wise woman, and asked intelligent and good questions of me. She was open to hearing me out about everything. The onboarding process was a little difficult for me, but the computer glitch was from their end, not mine. Otherwise, it was topnotch!

Interview Questions

• What do you think you could contribute to this company, and why do you think I should hire you?   Answer Question

IT Tech Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Coborn's.

Interview

Was given an interview through recruiter for contract. Talked to the manager. She was very friendly and

Was told by manager that they usually hire the contractor within 3 months. Was given a tour of the facility in Twin Cities. Their main office I think was in St Cloud or Duluth.

She only asked one technical question which I stumble on, but I think she worded it different. It was about DMZ. Other questions asked like background and why you want the position. Every interview will have these.

Interview Questions

• What is the area after the store's router and telecom provider?   Answer Question

Shopper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Coborn's in January 2019.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with basic questions and explanation of the job. Then got invited for an in person interview. It was good. Met with the Assistant Manager of the department, got a tour, got asked questions and then at the end was pretty much told to expect a call with a job offer over the next couple of days. They went through each of their core values and asked me what they meant to me.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had a disaster in the kitchen and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ramsey, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Coborn's (Ramsey, MN) in September 2018.

Interview

Submitted an application took over a month to hear back. Had an interview scheduled for the following Wednesday. Easy to locate, really good interview. Hired on the spot. Interviewer was friendly and personable.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Coborn's (Saint Cloud, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Pre-screened by HR. Personality profile quiz, math test. Interview with department manager.
    The process was super simple overall. Availability is key, if you are able to work less desirable shifts even one per week it is almost an instant hire. Both the HR representative and the manager were extremely laid back and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is my biggest accomplishment so far in life?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pipestone, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coborn's (Pipestone, MN) in January 2012.

Interview

Manager called a day or two after submitting application. Scheduled an in-person interview. After the interview you have to take a math and person assessment test. Very easy but lengthy. Training then starts soon after.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coborn's (Saint Cloud, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty standard. I interviewed with an HR rep, the head of the department, and the person that was being replaced. They each took turns asking questions. They left it open at the end for me to ask questions. Very smooth interview. Everyone was pleasant to converse with.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your work?   1 Answer

Baker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coborn's.

Interview

I had applied online. About two weeks passed by the time I had gotten a call. I completed the phone interview and the manager told me that he was going to set up an in-person interview and call me back in the next few days about when would be a good time for both of us. (I am a full time high school student.) The manager and I played phone tag for a few weeks. He would always call me when I was at school. I had to go into the store and request him. When I finally got a hold of him he had told me that the position he had told me was open had been filled. He then said that he would call me sometime that week to talk about a cashier position. That was almost a year ago and I never got a call.

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coborn's (Saint Cloud, MN) in July 2012.

Interview

They called me and asked for me to come in. I was taken into a room with several other candidates and we filled out these test things. and then we had our one on one meeting with the managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

How many hours I could get.

Corporate Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Coborn's (Saint Cloud, MN).

Interview

My interview process was done by a leader who had years of interviewing experience and expertise in their role. I had a good experience. My process included meeting/talking to several people throughout about 5 weeks. I have heard the process is much slower than when I went through it though.