Code and Theory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Code and Theory

2.9

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

employee referal, HR contacted me, two phone interviews and then an offer

Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Code and Theory.

Interview

Got stood up 4 times by the interviewer, when she finally did make it for our interview (a call), she called 17 minutes late for a 30 min call and said she had to keep our finish time.

I’d heard they were unprofessional and kind of rude but this was next level. The interviewer was pretty green, clearly hadn’t reviewed my resume and asked generic questions. She was apologetic but totally unprepared, I never received a job description so wasn’t clear on what the differences were from C&T and other strategy roles. It was a waste of time.

I halted the interview process and let them know it wasn’t a fit.

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Too many questions, nice and smart people. Lasted way too long. There was definitely a good cop bad cop scenario going on. Overall the interview went good for both sides.

Senior Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

I was contacted on Linkedin by a Director after being recommended by a current employee, and had an informational interview to hear more about the role. I then had several rounds of phone interviews before being asked to come on-site. The onsite interview was 4 rounds of 30minute interviews with team members and department heads. I received an offer about a week later. Overall it was a great experience, especially due to the Director of Talent, who was absolutely wonderful throughout the entire process, and very transparent with everything as well as advocating for me internally.

Mid Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY).

Interview

This is a very busy environment so if there are changes or people interviewing you that you might not have known about - don't be surprised.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite ads running now and why? What other agencies do you admire?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got a fair offer.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY).

Interview

Red flags. Quick...too quick. Got an email from HR about an open position. They wanted me to come in for one interview and mentioned that there were nothing else in the process. Went in and it seemed disorganized as HR was scrambling to find the people who would interview me. Interviewed with 3 people individually who would be working above me. HR comes in afterwards and offers the position on the spot and tells me to think about it. Next business day I reach out asking for more information since the interview was vague - no job description and the team was still figuring out where they wanted me to go and do. In the interview, it was mentioned that I'd most likely be working on this specific account and I was excited. Starting a few weeks later, I was put on a different account working on different marketing efforts and still no written job description/expectations. HR was not open to negotiation and by bringing it up they didn't answer my phone call and actually rescinded the offer by email, until I replied telling them I was trying to reach them to accept. Another red flag as HR is the first representation of a company...

Interview Questions

• What is your salary requirement?   2 Answers

Front-End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview process began with a detailed email exchange, which moved on to a technical phone interview. Once I made it through the technical phone interview, I was asked to come to NYC and meet with the tech. director and a few others (a project manager, another developer) in person. The in-person interview lasted a few hours and was very comprehensive. I really enjoyed everyone I met with, and the company atmosphere and environment was pleasant and positive. Overall, I believe I would have enjoyed working with this team of people.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to complete a series of coding exercises using pen and paper.   Answer Question

I was seeking a higher salary than was offered.

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews with their best designers and senior management. Typical portfolio walk through with the designers. An introduction to upcoming projects and my potential placement on them. A walk through of the beautiful facilities.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose to do that?   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

Showcased portfolio. Answered process questions. Talked about how I would fit with the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Relaxed. They were open to consideration.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

It was nice, they gave me water. They have nice artwork in the reception area, and candy to eat. They had a room for me to sit in, and the temperature was perfect in that room.

Interview Questions

• "Where did you go to college?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate. I've heard from coworkers that the negotiation process can be good, if you are the right person.