Cogeco Peer 1 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 8, 2017

2.9

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cogeco Peer 1 (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Long Panel Interview with Director, Sales Managers, and Some of the team members. Usually takes approximately 4 hours. The good part is typically you will do lunch with some of the team members so you will get a good sense of the team, and be able to ask some deep questions, and get some honest answers. That was vital to my decision.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if i was able to start my own business   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cogeco Peer 1 (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Long... I met with six people and it took half a day. The final interview is with a panel/group and you will be able to talk to future peers and ask questions. It provides a good insight, they don't try to give you a hard time, if anything they will help out.

Interview Questions

• No structural questions, they just wing-it   1 Answer

Human Resources People Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cogeco Peer 1 (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

Even from the beginning of the process, I felt like I was being taken seriously as a candidate for the People Partner position. The executive I spoke to initially took time on a Saturday for my culture screen. 4 other meetings/calls (not one time were they ever referred to as "interviews") followed. The people I spoke to were very clear about the role of the position and what it took to be successful. I was interviewed by a fellow People Partner as well as the Director of People and Performance.

Interview Questions

• My preparation for the interviews was critical. Consequently, I was never really uncomfortable during the interview(s). There was a nice mix of behavioral, situational, and experience verification type questions during the process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was standard: offer, counter-offer, agreement.

People Partner/Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Cogeco Peer 1 (San Antonio, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Process was 3 phone interviews, then in person interview. Took about 2 months but expectations were established around the time-line up front. Process was similar to what I have experienced previously for similar roles. Interviews were pretty informal but very informative and honest. I learned a lot about the office, company and culture during all interviews. Every person I spoke with was forthright about the strengths and opportunities of Peer1 as a company, it was very refreshing.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember anything standing out that was very difficult or unexpected. I think the questions were well geared to the role and the skills/experience they were trying to test for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Peer1 was very honest with how much they were able to offer on the role. They spoke about all of the benefits and the "total rewards" offered there and basically said this is the best we can do, take it or leave it. Very honest and great expectation setting. Because of this the process we pretty seamless.

Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cogeco Peer 1 (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

The phone interview was fairly average, the System Admin didn't ask anything too far out there, and stuck to discussing my job skills with me

The in person interview was very informal, The owner of company and system admin both were wearing Jean shorts during the interview. I felt overdressed since I was in a nice Polo Shirt and Khaki pants. I was lead into a conference room and met with the owner and the system administrator. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How well do you rate yourself with working with VMWare?   Answer Question

Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cogeco Peer 1 (San Antonio, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Started with an Employee Referral, so I sent my resume to a co-worker who was in the department and then applied online.

I received a call from Anjuli in the recruiting department who went through the basic HR questions and personality questions to see if I'm a culture fit. Scheduled an interview with the direct Support Manager in San Antonio.

This interview went well was pretty basic, asked some Linux Administration questions, some Windows Administration questions, basic how would you handle what situations.

After the first interview Anjuli said everything was positive and I would be having another interview with the higher Manager over the first one who interviewed me.

This interview was pretty much the same, basic linux questions, some questions about experience answering phones and doing customer service. Did a scenario where he acted as an irate customer to see how I would react and respond.

This all went well. About a week later I got a cal back with an offer from the 2nd manager which was about the offer I was expecting and then asked if I would take the job, the salary was where I wanted and Anjuli and I had already negotiated what I would say yes and no to.

I got my paperwork to start in my email filled it out faxed it back and then started 2 weeks later and all is well.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question that was in the interview, which wasn't difficult is what happens if i delete all the initrd and intramfs files.   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cogeco Peer 1 (San Antonio, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was very "out of the norm" I remember questions like if you found a wild animal in your backyard what would it be... The more serious part of the interview was very inviting and open ended. There was not a grilling of technical skills or talents. This company seemed to want to know who I was first, and make sure I would like the environment and people around me, and to make sure those people also feel the same. Team work is critical here, and this company would rather develop talent for people who add to the positive atmosphere here, instead of hiring the most socially hostile people based on their technical skills, which is a PLUS!!!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very positive and non-judgmental. I was not given vague answers nor was I toyed with.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cogeco Peer 1 (Miami, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

My first conversation with the hiring manager converted me from optimistic curiosity to intrigued interest. I then went on to have multiple phone calls with leaders and peers across the organization - Director of Sales, Director of Alliances, Director of Marketing, Creative Director, Marketing Manager. It was an interesting and engaging journey - I was able to delve into the pain-points experienced by the team and how my role would be able to help. I appreciated the fact that multiple people were invested in the hiring process, and the candor and generosity in sharing the challenges they were up against.

Interview Questions

• hat would you do with an entirely green-field opportunity? How would you approach it from a Product Marketing perspective?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was somewhat challenging, but completely professional. There was some initial confusion about salary cap and whether the position was eligible for a bonus. But we got it sorted.

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cogeco Peer 1 (San Antonio, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

I was fortunate enough to work as a consultant for the company. When I was approached by another competitor, within 24 hours the PEER 1 team had extended my a full offer. That alone was enough of a reason to move to the company full time.

Interview Questions

• Can you manage a remote team   1 Answer

Negotiation

One phone call. They offered a fair salary, solid benefits, and the tools I needed to be successful

Business Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cogeco Peer 1 (San Antonio, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone screen, 3 face to faces and then offer. The process was a couple of months!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation...