Cogent Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cogent Communications Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2018

2.0

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cogent Communications.

Interview

-they go through your resume and ask about your past experiences
    -It's in a small fishbowl
    -there's a phone interview with the main recruiter then a face to face interview with your potential sales manager
    -then they will most likely offer you the job 2 hours later on the phone if you get the position

Interview Questions

• What were some of your successes and failures in your last position?   Answer Question

Irs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Herndon, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Easy pretty laid back ask general questions to make sure mu communication was good and asked about previous sales experience. then just sat there for about 30 mins just talking and learning about each other i'm assuming just to see if it was a good fit

Interview Questions

• why are you leaving current job?
      what do you know about Cogent?
      How long have you been in sales?   Answer Question

Global Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Atlanta, GA) in June 2009.

Interview

Very easy and non stressful.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any difficult questions as I was a veteran to the industry.   Answer Question

Account Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The company participates in job fairs where they have local offices. The first process was having a good conversation with the people there, as they are typically part of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What prepares you for this position?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (New York, NY).

Interview

I was only able to speak with internal recruiter and unfortunately did not make it farther in the process. Seemed to have a good conversation but nothing ever really materialized. It was disappointing that no real follow up took place on where you stood in the process. Seemed like they had a candidate pegged for the position and were just interviewing to meet the hiring requirements for HR.

IT Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Herndon, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Was asked about my account manager /sales experience and how I got into it. Was asked what made me choose Cogent. Was then explained about about the position.

Interview Questions

• What made me choose Cogent?   1 Answer

RAM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Standard interview. Phone screen, two interviews in the same day

Negotiation

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cogent Communications.

Interview

Recruiter who then decides wether you are an overall fit and then onto sales director or vp. Fast process. Recruiters are active but not directly in tandem with the sales managers so it can lead to misalignment of objectives and job descriptions. Refer to the hiring manager for the real job description in their given region.

Interview Questions

• There is no standard interview process, each does their own with no format or standards.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None - offer is standard depending on years of exp.

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Herndon, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Did one call than an evening get together with a group of prospective hires. To do the Cogent Sales pitch about how great they are. Very easy interviewing process. Got offer within 2 weeks. Maybe that should have been my first warning sign.

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Sterling, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

I'm overly qualified for what I do, so my resume and my experience are great. I interviewed with my sales manager, and our director (manager's boss). Pretty short duration, no real hard questions asked. Focused more on the role I'm applying for.

Interview Questions

• Job requires hunting skills, wanted to know if I had those skills.   Answer Question