Cogent Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cogent Communications Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.1

Regional Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cogent Communications in January 2017.

Interview

1. Speak to Company Recruiter
    2. Go in for in person interview
    3. Either come in for a 2nd interview, offered a position, or politely told you are not a fit for the company.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Boston, MA).

Interview

Their recruiter reached out to me via Monster and left me a voicemail and email. I responded to him and we set up a time to phone screen. I was happy he was able to schedule my interview the same week as our phone screen showing that they move fast.

I was sent to the interview which went excellent and I was provided my feedback the very next day which I accepted.

Cogent moves fast and did a great job in keeping me in the loop from our first email through my job offer.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (New York, NY).

Interview

I was only able to speak with internal recruiter and unfortunately did not make it farther in the process. Seemed to have a good conversation but nothing ever really materialized. It was disappointing that no real follow up took place on where you stood in the process. Seemed like they had a candidate pegged for the position and were just interviewing to meet the hiring requirements for HR.

IT Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Herndon, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Was asked about my account manager /sales experience and how I got into it. Was asked what made me choose Cogent. Was then explained about about the position.

Interview Questions

• What made me choose Cogent?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Somerville, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Somerville, MA).

Interview

The hiring process was pretty straightforward. First they do a phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter asked me conventional questions regarding my work history, why am I leaving my current role and why cogent. During the phone interview, she discuss the company and the day to day responsibilities. After the phone interview, I had an in person interview with sales management. This lasted about an hour and a half.

In both the phone interview as well as the in person interview, they discussed the training that takes place for the role. One week after the start date, new employees go to HQ for a week of sales training. One month after you are with the company you go back to HQ for 3 days as a follow up sales training. Base salary for the national account manager role is $60,000/yr. If you hit your sales targets at certain intervals then your base salary can go up to a cap of $80,000/yr.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current role? Make sure to emphasize being a hunter, being well-versed in cold calling and having experience in inside sales   Answer Question

Regional Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Houston, TX).

Interview

Did it over Skype. Nothing too difficult, just asked me about last sales experience. The ladies were very nice and professional. They were based out of the office in Virginia.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Pasadena, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Terrible, Leadership needs to go back to College. They put themselves on a plateau where they think they are better than you. Questions are childish and do not focus on how to obtain goals, they look for a person that can be controlled and subdued, micro managemenet.

Interview Questions

• Too many to list but none were germane to sales only to commute and past experiences not what can and should be done to succeed.   Answer Question

Irs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Herndon, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Easy pretty laid back ask general questions to make sure mu communication was good and asked about previous sales experience. then just sat there for about 30 mins just talking and learning about each other i'm assuming just to see if it was a good fit

Interview Questions

• why are you leaving current job?
      what do you know about Cogent?
      How long have you been in sales?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Several phone interviews with their head recruiter in DC/Maryland and then met with a gentleman in their New York City branch office, located on Broadway in Bowling Green. Interview wasn't tough, actually WAY TOO easy. He mostly spoke about himself and his experience with the company. Worked their 5 years, recently became a manager (after 2 had left).
    They are in a nice area, right next to the 4,5 express lines which is great but as professional as they push, they were dressed pretty casual. The place was not kept up. Don't really know if it was really worth it.
    Got the interview from an internal referral. Unfortunately, I knew a job there was going to be short-lived. This isn't a career job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you got here? (Meaning in-front of the manager)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Herndon, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Did one call than an evening get together with a group of prospective hires. To do the Cogent Sales pitch about how great they are. Very easy interviewing process. Got offer within 2 weeks. Maybe that should have been my first warning sign.