CognitiveScale Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 38 of over 38 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at CognitiveScale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CognitiveScale (Mumbai) in Dec 2021

Interview

Questions were asked on general ML and then a deep dive through my resume. Very vague questions were asked, and the interviewers couldn't elaborate when cross-questioned. After this, an HR round was taken for people who got shortlisted.

Interview Questions
  • How would you compare the similarity between 2 images?
    Answer Question

CognitiveScale

Application

I interviewed at CognitiveScale

Interview

2 scheduled interviews with no phone call received. First time, followed up and the recruiter rescheduled as my appt. did not get saved to her calendar. 2nd, followed up with no response. Very unprofessional.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

CognitiveScale

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CognitiveScale

Interview

After a phone screen, there were a couple of rounds of in-person interviews, the first with scientists and engineers, the second with more senior leadership. At every stage, everyone was very enthusiastic and open, and seemed interested in my work.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CognitiveScale (Austin, TX)

Interview

I secured an interview through a referral. The recruiter was very prompt with the follow up and had an interview scheduled within a week and a half. The interviewers were very friendly. They explained their interests and inquired about mine. We then moved onto some questions related to machine learning. The interviewers really set me at ease. The office was very efficient and I received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions
  • The interview started with introductions followed by a question about my experience in machine learning. Then, they asked me about any projects/topics that I had in mind to work on over the summer and if I had any ideas.

CognitiveScale

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at CognitiveScale

Interview

My interview process involved two phone screens, a coding exercise, and two 1-hour interviews over video-chat with some of the engineers. The first phone screen was a behavioral kind of interview, where they wanted to get a sense of my personality interests, and give me a chance to learn more about the company. The interview was with one of the recruiters, and it was short, easy, and relaxed. The second phone screen with was one of the engineering managers, and we went over more technical topics, including my experience, interests and projects. I was given some tech related questions about general programming concepts, but nothing difficult. Afterwards the phone interview I was sent a coding exercise to complete in the next week. The coding exercise wasn't difficult and didn't require much time to implement. The focus of the problem was more your ability to design and implement a simple program, rather than a strict algorithm challenge. The exercise intentionally had some ambiguity. After the challenge, one of the two interview's I had was going over the coding exercise. The engineers questioned some of my design ideas, how I handled edge cases, how I would change the design if different aspects of the problem changed, etc. I thought the interview was actually pretty informative. It didn't feel like they were trying to tear my code apart, but they were trying to see if I had really thought about the problem and gauge my experience. The last interview was more of a standard kind of tech interview with some other engineers. We talked about experience, projects, and I was give a small coding problem. Overall, the interviews felt casual and I got along well with everyone I spoke with. I got an offer a couple weeks later. I didn't get an onsite interview, but I feel that was mainly due to scheduling trouble from a competing offer.

3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CognitiveScale (Austin, TX)

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn. There was an initial call with her and a phone screen with 2 members on the ML team. That was followed by an on-site with 4-5 interviews. All the interviewers were really nice and knowledgeable. There were no trick questions - the team was genuinely trying understanding my experience / skill set / fit with the team. The interviews covered a wide range of topics from ML, engineering and two cases where the approach was evaluated rather than the solution. Final round was a chat with co-founder. The interview process was great overall and the recruiter kept me in the loop at every step which was pretty cool.

Interview Questions
  • ML questions from resume / general ML questions, engineering experience

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CognitiveScale (Austin, TX) in Mar 2019

Interview

Phone screen with the Director of Engineering, followed by an on-site visit that consisted of a short conversation with the Director of Engineering, 2 rounds of meeting with pairs of software engineers on the team, 1 round of meeting with QE, then a wrap-up conversation with the Director of Engineering. The 1st round with software engineers was focused on having a technical discussion regarding JS and web development and the 2nd round was focused on backend and infrastructure experience + a technical whiteboard problem. The meeting with QE was aimed at determining my level of experience interacting with quality engineering / test and product management teams. The interview process emphasized interest in the company and the work that they do more so than technical expertise (although there was still a decent bit of technical evaluation). I came away with a positive experience and was able to get all of my questions about the company answered in the many discussions I had with the Director of Engineering and recruiters throughout the process.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between React, Angular, and Vue, and why would you choose one library / framework over the others?
  • Basic questions about async / await. How do you await the completion of an array of function calls returning Promises?
  • Why would someone want to use a library like isomorphic-fetch vs the "built-in" fetch?
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CognitiveScale (Austin, TX) in Feb 2019

Interview

I had an initial 1-hour phone screening with two of the team members first. I got contacted by the recruiter after the interview to schedule the second round (on-site). I interviewed at the Austin office in February 2019. The on-site interview process took almost 3 hours. The interviewers asked many interesting technical, engineering, and behavioral questions. A had very interesting conversations with some of the team members and got to know what kind of projects the company is involved in and what is required from me. All in all, I had a great experience interviewing with them.

Interview Questions
  • Technical questions from my background and projects that I have worked on.
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CognitiveScale (Austin, TX) in Feb 2019

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn and had already spoke to hiring manager. Then I spoke with hiring manager on the phone and within two weeks an on-site interview was scheduled. The on-site interview was relaxed and respectful. Some coding discussion with the technical leads and some behavioral questions with project managers. Overall an easy and quick interview.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at CognitiveScale (Austin, TX) in Feb 2019

Interview

Interview process consisted of initial phone screen with recruiter, phone, video, and in person interviews with peers, and in person interview with executive. Worked with recruiter and aide in scheduling and follow up. Process showed company had a collaborative culture and a positive environment.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to provide experiences with delivery, customer success and growth, and process creation/improvement.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 38 Interviews