KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

CognitiveScale Reviews

Updated Dec 11, 2021

Found 62 of over 71 reviews

3.6
CognitiveScale CEO Akshay Sabhikhi (no image)
Akshay Sabhikhi
Pros
  • "Free catered lunch every day, Freedom on projects, exposure to many different departments, tech talks(in 8 reviews)

• "Lots of amenities (snack bars and free lunch)(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "lack of focus: I'd like to write it below one more time for good measure(in 4 reviews)

• "With engineering like this, it's no surprise that customer churn is much higher than I'm comfortable with(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Driving Innovation in AI

Feb 24, 2021 - Architect
      Business Outlook

Pros

Innovative company that is leading the way in Trusted AI. Proven Customer Success, experienced and intelligent engineers, strong product suite, and inclusive people operations. I’ve been given many opportunities to grow my career due to supportive leadership and would highly recommend CogScale to those interested.

Cons

There is a lot of promise where we are going, but need more people to achieve our goals.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Do the diligence before joining

Jul 12, 2021 - Executive in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cutting edge tech Potential for innovative work Good people generally

Cons

Lack of a solid strategy: the company does not know where to play and how to play. Too quick to go to market with weak products, no serious focus on building longer term product capabilities, one off custom solutions for clients, etc. Weak operating model and culture - leadership (chairman, CEO) are technology executives, not business executives. Leadership does not have experience building high performing empowered teams. Culture is characterized by favoritism and nepotism. Leadership team needs to be replaced with seasoned executives that have built serious companies. Stop marketing capabilities that do not exist, show integrity and be truthful when it comes to expertise and experience, and do not hype but deliver.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

No Clear Direction

Sep 10, 2021 - Machine Learning Engineer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people at the individual contributor level.

Cons

The AI / ML space is dense with platforms and solutions. Need a clearer direction to differentiate from the pack.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best team I have ever worked with

Feb 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people here are really talented and great to work with. It's a low ego environment where everyone looks out for each other. It's also a very innovative company that is really committed to developing responsible AI. We have some really impressive customers too.

Cons

Sometimes the company lacks focus, but I have seen some improvements on this lately.

5. 1.0
      Current Employee

Could have been great

Jul 23, 2021 - Consultant in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smart people Good tech Great location Blue chip customers

Cons

Lack of focus Kinda missed the bus on enterprise AI platform market Trying to get industry solutions oriented but lacks credibility Upper management needs a shake up

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

High Potential

Feb 25, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people. Exciting technology. Good atmosphere. I have read prior comments about a toxic environment but I haven't seen that.

Cons

Compensation is not great - especially stock/option package. Reward those that stick with you on this journey.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

World-class team, friendly culture, and big-picture vision

Sep 24, 2020 - Senior Solutions Engineer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm excited to get up in the mornings to start my day. The executive leadership team has done an excellent job at casting both long-term and short-term vision for the company and products. My team leader entrusts me with opportunities where I can make an impact to our bottom-line and get recognized when I meet my goals. Product, R&D, and Customer Success are very friendly and a pleasure to work with.

Cons

As with any startup, its easy to say yes to a lot of things. Be careful not to take on too many projects at once, otherwise, you might burn-out. Be your own advocate.

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Yes and No

Aug 24, 2019 - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cogscale and the people were always so good to me. They've become my family and some of my closest friends. There is also a lot of really good micro-services work being done here. You could learn a thing or two.

Cons

I agree with the majority of the cons already given. I think there is is a silver lining, however. I really like Kendall Collier, the new VP of HR. She's smart, has good ideas, actually cares, and doesn't mind giving the uppers a kick in the butt. She was also the only VP who took to glassdoor and responded to reviews and put her name out there. And these were issues which occurred far before she arrived. I already respected Kendall, but her actions on this forum only served to galvanized my opinion of her. Keep up the good work! I'll add one addendum to the cons: CogScale is weak on Career Opportunities.

5 people found this review helpful

CognitiveScale Response

VP of People

Aw shucks. I heart you too. Not that I know who you are - but all CogScalers are good peeps in my book! Thanks for the feedback and advice. We are working on the careers opportunities piece through building career ladders and identifying rotation opportunities. It will take time but we will get there! And agree on your comments on optimizing to fail fast. Sage advice - thank you! -Kendall Collier, VP of People

9. 2.0
      Former Employee

Toxic work environment

Jan 6, 2021 - Software QA Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to work in AI

Cons

Competitive individualistic toxic work environment where putting down others in an attempt to make one's self look better appeared as acceptable behavior to management.

CognitiveScale Response

VP of People

Thank you for your review. The number one thing I hear from employees is that the best thing about working here is the people. I'm sorry you had this experience and am really curious to understand more to see what we can do to address it. Please reach out if you're open to having a confidential discussion. - Kendall Collier, VP of People

10. 4.0
      Former Employee

Fun work environment, good mentorship

Sep 9, 2020 - Software Engineering Intern

Pros

Cons

unclear direction sometimes, upper management inflates product beyond reality

Viewing 1 - 10 of 62 Reviews

CognitiveScale Reviews FAQs

67% of CognitiveScale employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CognitiveScale 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at CognitiveScale to be benefits, management, coworkers and the cons to be career development, senior leadership, culture.

Popular Careers with CognitiveScale Job Seekers