College Board Interview Questions | Glassdoor

College Board Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2018

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Board.

Interview

Phone interview with HR followed by 30 minute Technical screen and a 3 hour in person interview with a bunch of people. Enjoyed the interview process a lot. Got to meet the manager, technical engineers, directors and the VP as well. Prepare to be grilled hard on technical questions by engineers because they only want to select the best. People were genuine and friendly. No games. Got an offer in a few days. Very well managed by HR rep.

Interview Questions

College Board Response

Mar 13, 2018 – Director of HR

We’re glad that you’ve accepted our offer and will be joining our team. Welcome! Please feel free to contact me with any additional feedback about your interviews. Holly Strychowski.

Assistant Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at College Board in February 2014.

Interview

Typically first there is a phone interview, then an in person interview and then a long waiting period before you find out if you got an offer or not. Very slow process

Accepted another position

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at College Board (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a phone conversation and then 2 interviews in the NY office meeting with two and three people, respectively, at each visit

Interview Questions

• It was challenging because each employee was talking to me as if I already had the position. It was a good feeling but also a little confusing. No real questions were asked but more of a conversation regarding the goals and objectives of the position   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did try and negotiate for a flexible schedule but it seems as though that depends on your manager and varies from department to department. I did not negotiate salary.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College Board.

Interview

Phone interview. The interview lasted for about 15 minutes. Very friendly, very polite. Standard questions - something like "where do you see your career taking you in the next 5 years" or something like that.

Interview Questions

• Something like "where do you see your career taking you in the next 5 years" or something like that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College Board (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Interviews with people in my dept and several from completely unrelated departments. It wasn't actually that the interview process was bad, it's that it was just strange that I interviewed with people that I would never see again for the duration of my employment.

Interview Questions

• relatively straightforward questions from the person who ended up being my supervisor   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at College Board (Tampa, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. One week later I received an email from HR to schedule a phone interview w/HR. The interview with HR was mostly walking through my resume and how it fit with the position I applied. A few days after the interview with HR I received another email to schedule another interview with the department VP. The 2nd interview was more focused on my skills, method of operation and walking though my qualifications for the job.

Interview Questions

• What are your top 3 skills?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Board (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, had a brief phone screening then two video calls. Some technical difficulties during the video calls as to be expected. Was never contacted again after the two video calls.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at College Board (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Went through 3 rounds. First was a phone screen from HR, making sure you are a fit candidate and are interested in the role. Then you interview with the manager and then I was asked to come in where I had a group interview with several members of the team. I was notified the next day that they wanted to extend the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at College Board (Reston, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

Hiring manager called and set up a phone interview with the department manager. Spoke with the dept manager about the projects we would be working on and my background (30 min phone call) and received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-Negotiable

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at College Board (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Filled out some paperwork and then was followed up with a phone interview over a course of maybe five or less days. It was not too bad. I attained the interview via employee referral.

Interview Questions

• Since I applied as an intern, the questions were very basic.   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Board (New York, NY).

Interview

Had the phone interview first. 5 days after the phone interview, I went for the onsite interview. Met 3 persons in the team. People are friendly. Questions are reasonable, no weird stuff.

Interview Questions

College Board Response

Apr 21, 2017 – senior director

We appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear about your negative experience as we pride ourselves on an excellent recruiting process.