College Board Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.9

Vice President of Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at College Board (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Straight forward, quite rapid, with pretty clear communication of timing on next steps. HR person was very courteous and gave a lot of information about the organization up front. The questions in the interview were straightforward and clear, and there was time for questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a specific budgeting problem they had?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College Board (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted a couple of weeks after applying online by the director of recruitment for an initial phone conversation. She went through my background in education and asked me general questions. I got an email not too long after letting me know I would be contacted over the phone by the hiring manager. The phone conversation was very pleasant and a focus was made on how my administrative background aligned with the position. Not too long after speaking with the hiring manager, I got an email to come in for a face to face interview to meet everyone on the team. The office space was beautiful and everyone was very welcoming. Before arriving, the director of recruitment made sure I was well-informed who I would be interviewing with and answered any questions I had promptly. Once I arrived to the interview, I immediately saw how warm and welcoming everyone was in the office. The interview went very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• How does your background align with the College Board's mission and values?   Answer Question

Apr 21, 2017 – senior director

Thank you for your comment. We are happy to hear about your positive experiences and proud that you have joined the College Board team!

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College Board (New York, NY).

Interview

Very standard. You should understand the job and what will be expected of you on the job. Its important to ask questions and understand the structure of the department.

Interview Questions

College Board Response

Apr 21, 2017 – senior director

Thank you for the feedback; we're thrilled you're a member of our hard-working, mission-driven team. Welcome!

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College Board (New York, NY).

Interview

First phone interview then in person interview with 3 employees and met with HR after
    HR emailed me and told me that they were sending me an offer letter and just waiting for final approvals... didn't hear anything for about a week so I called and they told me the job was no longer in the budget... after already telling me they were sending an offer letter.. very big disappointment from the company

Interview Questions

• What was something you would miss most about your current job?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at College Board (Reston, VA).

Interview

I was introduced to the company through a Recruiter who arranged a phone interview with the company. I had the phone call where I was asked to tell the interviewer about myself and why do I think I qualify for the position. I was given a work situational question. I was told there is no right or wrong answer. The interviewer said the question's purpose is so he can hear my analytical and problem solving thought process. The following week I had a 1:1 meeting with the hiring manager. A few days later I had another interview with his manager and about 48 hours later I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• - How do you deal with difficult people. Give me an example.
      - What do you like and don't like about your current position
      - Why do you want to work for The College Board
      - I was given a hypothetical work situational scenario and asked how I would solve it..
      Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Board (New York, NY).

Interview

Had the phone interview first. 5 days after the phone interview, I went for the onsite interview. Met 3 persons in the team. People are friendly. Questions are reasonable, no weird stuff.

Interview Questions

College Board Response

Apr 21, 2017 – senior director

We appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear about your negative experience as we pride ourselves on an excellent recruiting process.

Senior Requirements Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I interviewed at College Board (Reston, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Approximately 30 minute interview with the hiring manager (one-on-one), followed by another approximately 30 minute interview with some members of the team (panel format).

Interview with the hiring manager was more of a conversation of what I would be doing; I also went through my resume/experience/background. Manager came prepared for the interview and was very thorough--we reviewed all of my experience. Pleasant conversation.

Interview with the team members was more of your typical interview format--I went over my resume/experience/background again. The physical setup of the room was a bit odd--there was no table, so we eventually ended up sitting around this open space/void. I had a lot of difficulty understanding the intent (i.e., reading between the lines) of the questions of one interviewer--I would answer one way only to find out that the interviewer was looking for a completely different answer. For the other team members I didn't have any issues with properly answering their questions. Everyone seemed prepared for the interview.

I know that College Board gets rather poor Glassdoor ratings (overall 2.8 as of this review), but I wasn't able to discern why from my interview. The office facilities in Reston seem decent (from what I saw walking into the interview). The two people I did ask had been with College Board for many years and didn't seem interested in leaving. Maybe the team I was interviewing with was an anomaly within the overall organization and is a better place to work at then the rest of the organization?

Interview Questions

• Questions about your resume/background, how to be a good requirements analyst   Answer Question

Apr 21, 2017 – senior director

Thank you for your feedback. We regret that the physical setup of your interview space wasn't optimal for an interview. We are also disappointed that the intent of the interview was not fully ... More

ELA Assessment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at College Board (Iowa City, IA) in November 2016.

Interview

First participated in a candid phone interview with HR in New York, then met in person for an hour long interview (2 sessions) with a total of 6 senior directors and other Assessment Specialists. They asked engaging questions and were quite friendly. After the interview there was a 2-hour long sample assessment, which was certainly challenging.

Interview Questions

College Board Response

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at College Board (Reston, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

First there was a brief phone interview. Then they brought me in to interview with HR. However, one Director and two Associate Directors were there as well. Each Director took turn asking questions. Then I interviewed with HR. The in-person interview lasted about an hour and a half. Overall it went well, but at one point the Director was distracted by her cellphone which really bothered me.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at College Board (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy - 4 interviews in 4 weeks. Two of the interviews were phone interviews, and the remaining two were in-person. Each interview was with a different member of the College Board staff. Each interview was about 20 minutes long. I asked each interviewer for their impressions of the culture at College Board.

Interview Questions

College Board Response

Apr 21, 2017 – senior director

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that cell phones should not be used during an interview and regret that the director was distracted by her cell phone. We will remind the team of the impact of ... More