Cover image for College Board

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

College Board Interview Questions

Updated Dec 20, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 137 of over 137 interviews

Employee Referral7%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at College Board (Remote)

Interview

I was recommended for this position by a recruiter. I applied online and had an interview with another recruiter. I was advanced quickly to meet with the hiring manager. Next step I was given a task to complete and met with a panel the following week. During my panel meeting my task was not discussed until I brought it up close to the end of my meeting. I was given no real feedback, which made me feel the panel gave the task a quick overview I was told I would be contacted about 10 days later for next steps. I followed up with recruiter about a week after I was expecting to hear back and no answer. I reached out 10 days after that and received an email stating positive feedback, but opportunity was given to another candidate. The process took over 2 months. I was given no consideration even when I received rave reviews from the associates. This shows me that College Board is not a company I will ever consider working for. The recruiter asked me to reach out to them directly should I see another position I see fit. No thank you !

Interview Questions
  • Questions were primarily about working with others, projects you have worked on etc
    Answer Question

College Board

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College Board

Interview

Why college board Introduce yourself Why this position Vision of the position Skills required about the job and by the company Introduction about the company and the department Introduction about the role and role within the company

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,950

984 Comments

Teachers

217.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=College Board~18437
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about College Board? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with College Board employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

College Board

Application

I interviewed at College Board

Interview

Had an initial phone screen that went well. Person I spoke to said they would pass my resume along to the hiring manager, but after two months I didn't hear back. My application said "in process" for several weeks, so I'm not sure what good a portal is if no one updates it. I withdrew my application because I was tired of waiting to hear back either way.

Interview Questions
  • General questions re: experience and alignment with advertised role.

College Board

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at College Board in Nov 2022

Interview

Ghosted! After 3 interviews and promises of more follow up, I was simply ghosted by every member of the hiring team. Lots of wasted time, nights worrying about a reply coming, and putting off other offers waiting on this team.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about your experience analyzing large amounts of data?

College Board

Application

I interviewed at College Board

Interview

After three rounds of lengthy interviews, I never heard back. It’s OK that I didn’t get an offer, but not notifying applicants of results is so disrespectful. Very disappointing experience!

Interview Questions
  • Give example of a challenging work experience and what I would have done differently.
3 people found this interview helpful

College Board

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College Board

Interview

HR person contacted me to schedule phone screen. She included a calendly link. I scheduled, received confirmation email, and she ghosted me. I emailed her and got no response, so I did what another person here did and found the initial email with a link and rescheduled. This time she reached out and said her kids were sick and could we reschedule for today? I did. She ghosted me again. Having read similar stories, I'm going to say their interview process would be better served if they actuall showed up for interviews.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at College Board (Scottsdale, AZ) in Aug 2022

Interview

75 Day Saga (FAIL) June 13 2022, Recruiter #1 reached out via email. Within an hour we agreed on a rate and after I provided my resume and right to represent I was told it will be submitted. Nothing happed for over a month. Mid July 2022 I was contacted by recruiter #2 and an interview was scheduled for July 25th with the hiring manager, peer, and other staff from IT. Interview was easy flowing and conversational bouncing between social and technical. No feedback was provided for close to two weeks even though multiple attempts were made to solicit it. 2nd Round interview scheduled for August 19th. Interview was cancelled right before start time. Another attempt to schedule 2nd round interview for today August 31st with the same staff. Cancelled 2 hours prior to interview, when I initiated the contact with the recruiter. This whole process leads me to believe that the company is very disorganized or at least their IT department is. This again is confirmed after reading similar reviews others have left. Word to the hiring team: We are in a seller's market. No one will wait 75+ days for you to get your _____ together. Most hires now happen in 14-21 days from initial contact to start day. Waiting made no difference to me as I am passively exploring opportunities. ***I recommend passing on this employer unless you are starving.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at College Board (New York, NY) in Jun 2022

Interview

I had an interview scheduled over Zoom, complete with confirmation emails and several pleasant exchanges. The interviewer was a no show the day of the interview and they did not respond to follow up emails.

5 people found this interview helpful

College Board

Application

I interviewed at College Board

Interview

Fair interview process - a few rounds, but feedback along the way. Each person involved in the interview process did become someone I worked with so I deemed the process very appropriate.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you leave your last employer?

College Board

Application

I interviewed at College Board

Interview

Everyone was so friendly and supportive during the interview that I felt really at ease. Questions were nothing that I didn't expect. The process didn't take long either which was great.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 137 Interviews

College Board Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at College Board as 49.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.83 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Director and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Associate Director and Senior Director roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at College Board takes an average of 33 days when considering 135 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Intern had the quickest hiring process (on average 7 days), whereas Director roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 53 days).

Common stages of the interview process at College Board according to 135 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 32.88%

Work at College Board? Share Your Experiences

College Board logo

College Board Careers

Cover image for College Board

Our mission remains urgent as students and educators look beyond the pandemic. If we want more students to engage, it’s time to design...More

• How and Where We Work
  • Who We Are
  • What We Offer
  • Diversity

Company Updates

Logo

42 days ago

Community
Warmest holiday wishes to all our community of employees, members, professionals, and partners! We are grateful for your impact and are excited for the new year ahead. A highlight of 2022 was our first-in person Forum since 2019, where 1,500 people gathered to discuss how we can increase student engagement and clear a path for all students to own their futures.
Shared image - David Coleman Calls on College Board Members to "Change the Invitation" at Forum 2022
allaccess.collegeboard.org

College Board Photos

+ Add Photo
College Board photo of: Staff Enjoying National Forum 22 -- Forum brings together dynamic education professionals and thought leaders across disciplines to address access and success issues
College Board photo of: Here is one of our staff members on stage at Dream Deferred 2022 -This conference welcomes education professionals working to make a difference for African American students
College Board photo of: Talent team meeting for in-person planning and team building!
College Board photo of: Pencil's Down 2019 - All Employee Celebration that happens every other year!

Expert Career Advice