College Board Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College Board (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted a couple of weeks after applying online by the director of recruitment for an initial phone conversation. She went through my background in education and asked me general questions. I got an email not too long after letting me know I would be contacted over the phone by the hiring manager. The phone conversation was very pleasant and a focus was made on how my administrative background aligned with the position. Not too long after speaking with the hiring manager, I got an email to come in for a face to face interview to meet everyone on the team. The office space was beautiful and everyone was very welcoming. Before arriving, the director of recruitment made sure I was well-informed who I would be interviewing with and answered any questions I had promptly. Once I arrived to the interview, I immediately saw how warm and welcoming everyone was in the office. The interview went very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• How does your background align with the College Board's mission and values?   Answer Question

Apr 21, 2017 – senior director

Thank you for your comment. We are happy to hear about your positive experiences and proud that you have joined the College Board team!

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Board (New York, NY).

Interview

Got a call to speak and came in probably a week after. Pretty long, maybe 1.5 hours. Met with several people from different positions. It was not super professional. The interviewers were pretty nice too.

Interview Questions

College Board Response

Feb 5, 2018 – Director of HR

We’re glad that you’ve accepted our offer and will be joining our team. Please feel free to contact me with any additional feedback about your interviews. Holly Strychowski.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at College Board (Reston, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

First interview was telephone screening. Three follow up interviews from the department in which I'd be working in. After the third interview I was asked to provide writing samples from my current job. This process took 4 weeks. Haven't heard anything after the fourth interview; 4 weeks after the last interview.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College Board (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview. A month later, they interviewed me in person. Two ladies interviewed me: one was from Atlanta, GA - she wore a bright purple lipstick and it was very distracting every time I looked at her. The second lady looked like she had just rolled out of her bed - quite unprofessional. I was shocked !The way they looked at me, made me very nervous. I felt being stereotyped for wearing my suit and not looking like a slob. I still wonder how they ever ended up working for the College Board, and who was the person that employed them ? Perhaps, I have a lot higher standards, but on the other hand, everyone should look professional at their work place. If nothing else, it shows the respect for the establishment that employs you. I could not take them seriously because they killed every desire in me to work for the College Board; or to answer questions the way I normally would. For a moment, I felt like being interviewed for a job at 7/11, but the guys there wear red shirts and look a bit cleaner and more presentable. Personally, I owe myself a lot more than this. What a shame for any academic establishment!

Interview Questions

• Standard questions: Why the College Board ? How do you handle uncertain situations ? Did you ever have to write reports ?   Answer Question

Sep 13, 2017 – Director of HR

Thank you for sharing this feedback, and we’re sorry your experience interviewing here wasn’t ideal. We take our recruitment process and interviews very seriously, and expect all candidates to be... More

Assessment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at College Board (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online. It took a little over 3 weeks to initially hear back. I had a phone interview later that week, & then it took 3 weeks to interview in person. There were two group interviews, both average, and some members of the team did seem engaged and enthusiastic. At the time, I thought it went very well although they were not clear about what they were looking for in a candidate, and it unfortunately put even more pressure on my questions for them.
    There was an assessment after, which was largely open-ended.

It took an additional 3 to 4 weeks to receive notice that I did not receive the position. Long and a little vague.

Interview Questions

• What is your process when giving written feedback to your peers/colleagues?   Answer Question

Assessment Scoring Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coralville, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College Board (Coralville, IA) in May 2017.

Interview

It began with an online application, and a couple days later, I was asked to do an initial phone interview with corporate HR. Then, I was moved along to schedule an in-person interview with the essay team. After that, I received an email asking for a confirmation of my references before being officially offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your approach to working on teams, and how can you balance working in a team environment with individual work?   Answer Question

Jul 13, 2017 – Director of HR

AP Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College Board.

Interview

I was contacted by their Recruiter. She emailed and asked for some times I would be available to speak in the next few days. I emailed her some windows of time I would be free. I heard nothing back. So during the first window of time, I made sure I was available to take her call. Nothing. I sent an email asking for a more specific time. She apologized and we were able to setup a mutually convenient time and she asked that I call her. I called her one minute before our scheduled time and got her voicemail. I left a message. A few minutes later, I received a call back.

It was quite clear that she was reading my resume as we spoke. She asked me questions about my career that were discussed in other parts of my resume. For example, she asked me if I would be comfortable working remotely, when I had experience working remotely (She hadn't read that far in my resume yet). I asked a question about the position duties and was told to save my questions for the Hiring Manager. The Recruiter was disinterested, unprepared, and seemed ill-informed regarding the position. I am honestly not sure why we even spoke!

The Recruiter told me that she would pass my information on to the Hiring Manager and I would hear back from the Hiring Manager by the end of the following week. You won't be surprised to know that I never heard from the Hiring Manager. You probably won't be surprised to know that I sent a follow-up email to the Recruiter thanking her for her call, etc. I never received a response.

I think if I would have spoken to the Hiring Manager, I would have gotten the job. I am more than qualified for it. But with Recruiters like the one I spoke with, I am not sure how competent candidates make it through!

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working remotely? Are you comfortable working for a large company?   Answer Question

May 2, 2017 – Director of HR

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College Board.

Interview

I submitted an application online and heard back a few weeks later. I then had a short phone interview, and after a couple days, had a video interview, where I was asked basic questions.

Vice President of Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at College Board (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Straight forward, quite rapid, with pretty clear communication of timing on next steps. HR person was very courteous and gave a lot of information about the organization up front. The questions in the interview were straightforward and clear, and there was time for questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a specific budgeting problem they had?   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College Board (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

submitted the resume through company's website. Got notice for half-hour interview by HR about 2 weeks later, followed by half-hour interview by the hiring manager in another 2 weeks later. The interviews were professional.

Interview Questions

• Can you let me know your thoughts on how to improve CB's performance the countries in the region other than a major market?   Answer Question