College Board Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Board (Reston, VA).

Interview

HR dept was very helpful and responsive. They worked with the staffing agency to move the process along quickly. I would recommend any resource to work at the College Board.

Interview Questions

College Board Response

Oct 2, 2018 – Director of HR

Thanks for the great review! We’re delighted to have you on our team.

Assistant Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at College Board in February 2014.

Interview

Typically first there is a phone interview, then an in person interview and then a long waiting period before you find out if you got an offer or not. Very slow process

Accepted another position

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at College Board (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a phone conversation and then 2 interviews in the NY office meeting with two and three people, respectively, at each visit

Interview Questions

• It was challenging because each employee was talking to me as if I already had the position. It was a good feeling but also a little confusing. No real questions were asked but more of a conversation regarding the goals and objectives of the position   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did try and negotiate for a flexible schedule but it seems as though that depends on your manager and varies from department to department. I did not negotiate salary.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College Board (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Interviews with people in my dept and several from completely unrelated departments. It wasn't actually that the interview process was bad, it's that it was just strange that I interviewed with people that I would never see again for the duration of my employment.

Interview Questions

• relatively straightforward questions from the person who ended up being my supervisor   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College Board.

Interview

Phone interview. The interview lasted for about 15 minutes. Very friendly, very polite. Standard questions - something like "where do you see your career taking you in the next 5 years" or something like that.

Interview Questions

• Something like "where do you see your career taking you in the next 5 years" or something like that.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College Board.

Interview

After an initial screening with a HR representative, I was given a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. I was told what to expect with the interview process and hiring timeline.

Interview Questions

• How can your experience with ______ help us with our project?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at College Board.

Interview

There was an nitial telephone interview with a senior director, followed by face-to-face interview at the Duluth office and further teleconference interviews with other senior directors and the executive director. The discussions were relaxed and collegial.

Interview Questions

• Views on effective instruction and assessment in secondary classrooms.   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Board.

Interview

They will email you times for a phone interview and you are able to pick. They’re pretty good about working with you on that. Then they will have a phone interview with you as a screener and then an in-person interview if they’re interested in you.

Interview Questions

College Board Response

Sep 13, 2018 – Human Resources colleague

Thanks for sharing this feedback about your interview process. We strive for a positive applicant experience; if you would like to provide additional information, please email me directly at... More

IT Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at College Board in April 2019.

Interview

I had an initial phone screening with someone from HR to make sure I met the minimum qualifications of the program. They asked me a few questions about my technical skills, but didn't ask for specifics. This was followed by a one on one interview with a programmer from the team I would work for. She was very nice and told me about what I would be doing if hired, described their technology stack, and asked me questions based off of my resume. They said they would follow up within a week either way. After they didn't follow up within that time frame, I accepted another internship offer. They ended up getting back to me 2 or 3 weeks later asking for another interview, which I declined. In the future, they should stick to their timelines or provide communication as to when they would follow up.

Interview Questions

College Board Response

May 15, 2019 – Head of Talent Acquisition

We take our recruitment process and interviews very seriously and are disappointed to hear about your experience. I am not sure what happened in your situation but would like to look into it... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Board (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, had a brief phone screening then two video calls. Some technical difficulties during the video calls as to be expected. Was never contacted again after the two video calls.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at College Board (Reston, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

Hiring manager called and set up a phone interview with the department manager. Spoke with the dept manager about the projects we would be working on and my background (30 min phone call) and received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-Negotiable